2009 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 740 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

Reliable and comfortable with great utility.

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "looks, utility, comfort, options"

Cons: "fit and finish, acceleration, toomuch hard plastic"

"I bought my Caliber new in June of 2006. It now has 198,000 miles on it and runs as well as it did when new. At 6'4" and 260 lbs, I was looking for something with room, and the Caliber has it. It is painfully slow at take-off thanks to the CVT, but gas mileage is respectable and is has good storage in the back - great with the seats folded down. It is comfortable on the highway as well. I live in North Texas and have driven it to the Gulf Coast in summer, the Rocky Mountains in winter, up to Lake Michigan for vacation and a brutal number of miles in Dallas-Fort Worth traffic. It has handles asphalt, snow and sand equally well. If Dodge had not quit making them, I'd buy another. The fit and finish is cheap, I admit. It is also not at all sporty. But it looks great and if utility and comfort are your thing, it's a good choice. Mine has satellite radio, U-Connect hands free Bluetooth, 9 speaker stereo, leather seats and power sun roof. I know not everyone's experience is the same, but after 198K with only predictable upkeep and minor repairs, I'd have to add that it's pretty reliable as well."

everyday its another problem.

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "none"

Cons: "junk top to bottom"

"We let me first say the only good thing about this car is the fuel milage, with that being said, here goes. First of all if i new that low profile tires only lasted 20,000 mi. i would has kept looking for another car. Also the awd is usless because u can not find an agressive enough tire to grab in ice n snow! I put 57 miles a day on going to work and back. but all highway miles and i just had to put a new rack in it! Around 40,000 miles the control arms needed to be replaced, wishbone suspension had to be replaced last month and control arm, cruise control wont work anymome. Air bag light is on and check engine light! I baby this car and maintain it every 3,000 mi. However everytime it snows an inch or more i have to jump into my 1995 jeep cherokee with 300,000 miles on it. So tell me were the heck am i saving money by driving this small car? for the money i put into it in reppairs and tires is far mooooore than the money i save in gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

all around great car

By on Saturday, April 4, 2009

"Ive owned the car for a about a year and a half and still love it! I drive it alot, have driven it 31,000 miles. It is very reliable. AMAZING HANDLING! Have not had any major problems. I love the warranty, full lifetime power train warranty. It is UNBEATABLE! I also love the cooler, 12v power outlet, AUX outlet, Ipod holder, Lit up cupholders, CVT Trans, Autostick, 18 inch wheels, sound system, fog lights, sliding armrest, 2 glove box compartments, steering wheel controls, and the AMAZING All Wheel Drive! I have also owned a 1999 Jeep Cherokee 4L 4x4, 2001 Mitsubshi Montero Limited, 2001 Land Rover Discovery II and I honestly favor the Caliber. Its all around amazing. BUY THIS CAR! Performance- Compared to other similar cars the performance is great. I gave it 4 stars because I believe they need to give it more power. The caliber has a 0-60 of a little over 10 seconds, i believe 10.1? In manual mode in first gear, the RPM's hesitates at 4,000 rpm's for a second, but after it passes 4,000 rpms in first gear it takes off. IF Dodge gave this car more power I believe they would have made a perfect car"

love it

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs space, comfort, versatility and like a vehicle that looks great. I love my Caliber. I bought it in a blizzard so I got to test the quality of the AWD system. I was impressed as soon as I got behind the wheel. I no longer "white-knuckle" on my hour drive to and from work everyday. No matter what the weather, I feel safe. That is what is most important to me, not to meant you can't beat the price."

My 3rd car, and favorite so far

By on Sunday, November 6, 2011

My 2009 Dodge Caliber SXT - which named Napoleon!

"I've had a few cars in the past, as well as a small truck, and the Dodge Caliber has by far been my favorite. My SXT has lots of "get-up-and-go," which I love. I've always had a thing for hatchbacks, but they usually feel so small. The Caliber doesn't drive or feel like a tiny car. It doesn't get as good fuel eceonomy as today's Hyundai's or Kia's, but with a 23/28 range, it still does pretty good. I do mostly city driving and actually average about 26 mpg; it gets even better highway. The interior is very roomy, and the 60/40 folding rear seats lets you load just about anything. I haven't taken it on any long road trips, but even on day trips the seats keep you nice and comfortable. I love the added features like the chilled drink compartment that is in the glove box as well as the lighted cup holders. I thought the lighted cup holders were a bit excessive at first, but I can't think of how many times I've been driving at night and trying to put a cup into its holder and you feel like you can never find it! The lighted cup holders really make it easy to get your cup where you need it so you can focus on driving. Overall, thanks to pretty good gas mileage and affordability, I've ranked the Dodge Caliber a 4 out of 5 stars."

My 2009 Dodge Caliber SXT - which named Napoleon!