2009 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 725 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

Very comfortable, particularly for long hauls.

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Purchased this vehicle (with approx. 40,000 miles on it) primarily because my wife (has back and hip problems) really liked the seats. CVT took a little getting used to, however I learned from the internet how to reset the throttle response and when this was done I began to realize that although it may seem a little slugish in response (because there is no perceived downshift) I found that the vehicle, because of the smoothness, is really going much faster than you would think. After driving this vehicle about 6000 miles and getting used to the CVT, it has become a very enjoyable experience."

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Great on gas."

Cons: "Goes through tires to quick."

"Great car! Only downfall is it goes through tires to quick. Great gas mileage!"

Great car...

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

"This is a great car for any commuter or student. It is extremely reliable, as I have not had a single problem with my car in 4 years. I strongly recommend this car if it's size is okay with you. It takes some adjusting to since you can't see the hood of the car when you're driving! Dodge has given us a small car that makes the gas prices more tolerable yet they have maxed out the available space! I love that every seat folds down...so does my dog! Love it..."

Car must have been made on Friday at 4PM

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Good sound from speakers"

Cons: "See review above..."

"LOTS of problems--Engine head replacement at 54K miles, Alternator replacement due to known defect, noisy front suspension, hard/lifeless/uncomfortable interior, seat trim broken, airbags unreliable (light is on), front brake rotors always warped (inadequate braking system), interior panels rattle/vibrate loudly. Chill Zone doesn't cool drinks as advertised, can't change headlight bulbs as DIY--due to design of car. Also changing headlights can trigger computer to disable one (or both) low-beams, requiring dealer visit to clear the code. Loose fuel cap will trigger check engine light with code for oxygen sensor (almost replaced it too!), loud and rough engine (2.0L World Engine)--sounds like a sewing machine. Fiat should have killed this car the minute they took over Chrysler. I have orders from my wife--get rid of this car!"

Good Daily Driver!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "takes turns well, easy on gas"

Cons: "small gas tank, loud interiour sound"

"I drive this car every day, all day, and for many miles. This car caught my eye because of its sharp look, and because I came from a minivan that sucked gas, its fuel economy. Many may say there are blind spots galore, but I find that to be subjective. I do not suffer that issue. I do not have many blind spots in this car. I am also very short but do not sit right on the wheel. This may give me less blind spots. I have the CVT transmission, and it took a little adjusting to get used to. I enjoy this feature for its smooth ride. There is an added perk, it is non-serviceable. I took it for a transmission flush, and the service tech told me that the only time they touch the transmission is if they are replacing it. They do not even touch the fluids. It is a durable vehicle. I put on a lot of miles on this vehicle in a short amount of time. The sound system is amazing. I have to say, however, that it sounds like a tin can going down the road. If high quality is what someone is looking for, this is probably not it. But if someone is looking for a good, everyday driver that is good on gas, good on price, and easy on the eyes, I say consider the Dodge Caliber. There is a lot of car here."