2009 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 725 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

Great car for the money!!!

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Alot of extras for a car of this price range."

Cons: "????????"

"I bought this car 3 years ago, and I enjoy driving it. There were a few bad reviews on this vehicle because of road noise and a few others. You can't go by all the reviews, because some people aren't happy with anything. It's a 10000 car. test drive one and if you like it buy it. No matter what car you buy, you'll find something negative about it somewhere. my wife bought a new Elantra, would i buy one instead of this caliber, no. It's still a 10000 car!! It handles nice , I feel safe in it and it's easy to drive. Good car for the money.."

Love this car.

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

"This is an amazing car, very fun to drive, has been very dependable, and it's an affordable performance car. It has tunred out to be one of by favorite vehicles ever."

Biggest mistake in buying this car

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Reason: Horrible Car

Pros: "The outside design of the car."

Cons: "The entire car!"

"Absolutley the biggest mistake I have ever made was buying this car. I bought a 2007 with 23,ooo miles on it and payed a decent price for it. I opted to get the extended warranty and it's a good thing. Without the warranty in an 18 month span of time I would of spent appronimatley 6 to 7 thousand dollars on repairs and towing fees. Flatbedded 6 times in less than a year. 1. Release broke and couldn't shift out of park. Stuck at gas station for 4 hours with the clerk yelling at me. Flatbedded 2. Failed Inspection.. Inner and outer tie rods. 3. Drivers side Lower control arm. 4. Failed Inspection...Ball joints replaced. 5. Alternator went.. Flatbedded 6. Battery went.. (ok this one was ok with me but still) 7. Starter ... Flatbedded 8. Axel... Flatbedded 9. Steerig Column issues. By the time I traded this car in I had pretty much replaced the entire front end. And this is just what I remember replacing in it. Dodge told me it was because of "winter" road conditions!"

I've owned this car for 3 years and still love it!

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, light up cup holders"

Cons: "no hatch release on key fob"

"My husband is a wheelchair bound paraplegic so we were looking for a vehicle that didn't sit too high he could not transfer into it from his wheelchair, but that also offered enough room for our family and his wheelchair. I bought my Caliber in 2011 (almost new) with 17,000 because it had been the dealer's car. I fell in love with the outside design online, and after simply sitting behind the wheel for my test drive I knew this was my car. Everything is well laid out inside for the driver, and I loved all of the upgrades that were included in the price. I have had this car for almost 3 years now and it is still as fun to drive as my initial test drive. The engine has some spunk (enough to beat other drivers off the line at red lights, which my husband loves) and the car has enough room for all of our needs. My only gripes about this vehicle (which are very minor) is that the headlights come on whenever the car is unlocked, and there is no button on the key fob to open the hatch. Both are very minor issues though and do not hinder my daily activity. I love this car, the gas mileage, and it's overall performance. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for the crossover without the high price tag."

Great Success!

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"Its nice, affordable, looks as aggressive as a wagon can, and is very functional all around. I drove 4 friends to a concert in Tucson and it was comfortable and good on gas. I like the ground clearance although I would prefer larger tires for a less bouncy ride at high speeds. At low speeds it is smooth and comfortable, much better then my last car, a nissan. The interior design is "Key" it looks more expensive then cars 5 to 10 thousand more although it has alot of plastic but every new car does. So far I have folded down the seats and delivered a fairly large coffee table set with two people in the car as well as gone to several concerts with a drumset and or 2 half stacks and various guitar equipment. I needed a car that could carry stuff but I also wanted better mileage then my nissan frontier and I wanted to be able to carry 4 or 5 people comfortably. I can do all 3 for cheaper gas, cheaper insurance, and one of the best looking new cars for the price hands down. I'm also getting a tow hitch installed and I intend on taking the Caliber on tour with my band and a small trailer. The only complaint I have with this car is a lower quality paint job. Make sure you don't pay more then 13,000 for a base model, if they say its more their lying, I have one with A/C, Cd player, airbags, window tint, door edge guards and more for slightly under 13(stickshift of course). I'm so content with never owning a nissan again."