2009 Dodge Caliber

7.2

Based on 691 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.4/10

Ok vehicle for the money!

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"When I first went looking for a car, my husband fell in love with the Caliber and really wanted me to buy it. The style and layout of the car is awesome. It looks very sporty and is reasonably comfortable to drive long distances. As I travel for work a little, comfort was a big thing for me. The gas mileage, while not what is claimed on the sticker, is still very reasonable and decent. I love the fact that I can plug my I-Pod in and go on trips with it, that part is great. My daughter loves the "chill zone" and is always putting items in it to keep them cold. I have the R/T AWD verison and it handles really well in the snow we get here in Michigan. That's the good, now for the negative. I had a moon roof installed through the dealer after purchase and that has broken or "unprogrammed" itself half a dozen times in the year that I have had it. It also pulls to the right a lot, I have had it into the dealership and they say that is the design, so that if you fall asleep at the wheel you go off the road and not into oncoming traffic, after a year I am still getting used to that. I don't like the hatchback, groceries and school stuff tend to shift while driving and fall out when opening the hatch. The car has a lot of textured pastic on the interior and it tends to get dirty, especially during the winter months, and getting the dirt out of the grooves of the texture is not easy. Now for my biggest complaint, the CLOTH SEATS!!! I had the fabric protection put on the seats before purchase and the fabric had some kind of weird reaction to the chemicals. Now even if my teen puts a water bottle on the seat that has condensation on it, I get big brown circle spots on the seats and I am constantly having the dealership clean the same spots over and over. I know there is some kind of recall or notice that Dodge has issued concerning the cloth seats, but I have a devil of a time having the seats cleaned properly and the same spots not showing through again in a weeks time. When my lease is up next year, I will definetly not be buying the car out. I am seriously considering going back to a Saturn. I had one before the Caliver, and I loved it, a completely different experience. This is my first experience with a Dodge product and I am not impressed and will probably never purchase another Dodge or Chrysler product again. I am highly disappointed in this purchase!!!!"

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm lovin' it!

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Great car! I love the size, style and performance. I've had a Caliber for almost a year now and I wouldn't think of trading it in any time soon."

Everything I Wanted and More

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Traded in 2002 Dodge Durango looking for better gas mileage. Kept going back to the Caliber. Wanted a car but liked the SUV feel. Completely satisfied! My gas mileage has almost tripled! My car insurance went down! The car is solidly built. I love the road performance and driver-friendly environment. My husband is 6'2" and was worried he would be "cramped." Upon his first ride he was sold! Even with the moonroof, he still has several inches of head room and substantial leg room in the back seat. My kids think the Chill Zone is "sweet." The size of the cargo area was pleasantly surprising. Of all the vehicles I have owned, the is the first time I feel I have completely got my money's worth! It doesn't hurt that everywhere I go people comment on my Caliber and ask questions about it! I would recommend it to anyone!"

Nightmare vehicle!!

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"This car has been a nightmare from day one!! It is in the garage more then what I have it! Would NOT recommend to anyone! It has electrical problems, rear windows don't always work, problems with the suspension, Very noisy ride!!"