2008 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 733 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.5/10
    7.5/10

all around great car

By on Saturday, April 04, 2009

"Ive owned the car for a about a year and a half and still love it! I drive it alot, have driven it 31,000 miles. It is very reliable. AMAZING HANDLING! Have not had any major problems. I love the warranty, full lifetime power train warranty. It is UNBEATABLE! I also love the cooler, 12v power outlet, AUX outlet, Ipod holder, Lit up cupholders, CVT Trans, Autostick, 18 inch wheels, sound system, fog lights, sliding armrest, 2 glove box compartments, steering wheel controls, and the AMAZING All Wheel Drive! I have also owned a 1999 Jeep Cherokee 4L 4x4, 2001 Mitsubshi Montero Limited, 2001 Land Rover Discovery II and I honestly favor the Caliber. Its all around amazing. BUY THIS CAR! Performance- Compared to other similar cars the performance is great. I gave it 4 stars because I believe they need to give it more power. The caliber has a 0-60 of a little over 10 seconds, i believe 10.1? In manual mode in first gear, the RPM's hesitates at 4,000 rpm's for a second, but after it passes 4,000 rpms in first gear it takes off. IF Dodge gave this car more power I believe they would have made a perfect car"

Have loved this car

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "comfort,reiabikity, looks, economy"

"Have thourougl enjoyed this car since ipurchased new in 2009. Love design, interior setup, comfort, fuel economy,satellite radio,waranty, reiability, power for being 4- cyl with 5 speed manual with overdrive. Got upgraded wheels, spoiler, tint and cargo cover. Have moved so much, love roominess, sturdiness,ease of driving, controls,satellite radio, uts easy for all people to get in and out. Really sad 2012 is last year. Other awesomething like dual glove boxes, chilled shwlf for drinks, lightedcup holders,auxiliaryinput, holders, cargolight that is also flashlight. Love it. Even fabric interior has remained awesome. Lovereclining back seat and fold flat storage. All with 30-35mpg and more room than smaller compacts."

Car must have been made on Friday at 4PM

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Good sound from speakers"

Cons: "See review above..."

"LOTS of problems--Engine head replacement at 54K miles, Alternator replacement due to known defect, noisy front suspension, hard/lifeless/uncomfortable interior, seat trim broken, airbags unreliable (light is on), front brake rotors always warped (inadequate braking system), interior panels rattle/vibrate loudly. Chill Zone doesn't cool drinks as advertised, can't change headlight bulbs as DIY--due to design of car. Also changing headlights can trigger computer to disable one (or both) low-beams, requiring dealer visit to clear the code. Loose fuel cap will trigger check engine light with code for oxygen sensor (almost replaced it too!), loud and rough engine (2.0L World Engine)--sounds like a sewing machine. Fiat should have killed this car the minute they took over Chrysler. I have orders from my wife--get rid of this car!"

My 3rd car, and favorite so far

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

My 2009 Dodge Caliber SXT - which named Napoleon!

"I've had a few cars in the past, as well as a small truck, and the Dodge Caliber has by far been my favorite. My SXT has lots of "get-up-and-go," which I love. I've always had a thing for hatchbacks, but they usually feel so small. The Caliber doesn't drive or feel like a tiny car. It doesn't get as good fuel eceonomy as today's Hyundai's or Kia's, but with a 23/28 range, it still does pretty good. I do mostly city driving and actually average about 26 mpg; it gets even better highway. The interior is very roomy, and the 60/40 folding rear seats lets you load just about anything. I haven't taken it on any long road trips, but even on day trips the seats keep you nice and comfortable. I love the added features like the chilled drink compartment that is in the glove box as well as the lighted cup holders. I thought the lighted cup holders were a bit excessive at first, but I can't think of how many times I've been driving at night and trying to put a cup into its holder and you feel like you can never find it! The lighted cup holders really make it easy to get your cup where you need it so you can focus on driving. Overall, thanks to pretty good gas mileage and affordability, I've ranked the Dodge Caliber a 4 out of 5 stars."

My 2009 Dodge Caliber SXT - which named Napoleon!

A great car for the money

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Great price and MPGs. Low maintenance."

Cons: "Fairly cheap interior. Too soft seats."

"I have owned a Jeep Patriot for over two years and really like the car. When I was looking for a reliable second car, I initially thought about buying used. A local Dodge dealer had a "one day only" sale on a base Caliber Express. The price was $12k! If you have looked at the price of used cars lately, you know that $12k does not buy very much. Especially a car with power mirrors, windows and door locks and cruise control. From my experience with the Jeep, I knew that I would enjoy driving the Caliber just fine (as they share the same platform/engines/transmissions/suspensions, etc.). The Caliber drives even better than the Jeep. It does have the same too soft seats. I wish that they were firmer and had more support. But the seat material is improved from my Jeep. Is this car a Porsche? No, not by a long shot. Are there better cars out there? Yes, but nothing can touch this car for the money that I paid. The Caliber is a nice solid car with a decent ride, good reliability, great fuel economy and low maintenance. Nothing fancy. It just gets the job done reliabily and with a low cost."