2008 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 739 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

not a family car

By on Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"I like the car but it is too small and does not have a lot of features. The back seat is small and the trunk was too small to hold a normal sized stroller without having to be creative."

Pretty good car.

By on Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"This car is pretty good, as far as price value. My only concern is that on the SXT model, the interior is a little cheap on the quality or strength of the plastic. It seems as though the door panels and the hatchback floor panel may have issues in time. We'll see. But the overall performance, styling and handling of the car is great."

I Like My Caliber but It Could Be Better!

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"I bought this car for better gas mileage trading in a van - price was much better than other comparably sized vehicles with similar options plus our Dodge dealer is the best dealer in town - with good tires does pretty good in snow around town 2.0 Engine with CVT Likes - Comfortable seats (especially on longer trips), good mileage 26 mpg town and 29 mpg highway (mountain driving), lots of room, lots of cargo space (I carry a full DJ setup in it) body styling (cool looking and different), lighted drink holders, flashlight in back, good looking paint and clear coat, large rear brake and parking lights, drink cooler (cooled by air conditioner), sunroof Dislikes - No place to comfortably rest left arm while driving (either too high or too low), no automatic door lock button on passenger side (just plain stupid!), hard to get in and out of because of door cutouts, center console and inside doors should be padded for comfort (are hard plastic), stupid place for MP3 player plug, noisy ride (needs better and/or more sound insulation), not the best ride on rough roads, sunroof should have shield, no carpet in cargo area (optional-but should be standard!) Problems/Service - Alloy wheels - finish on two of them are flaking (am working with dealer on that to get replaced), front left speaker distorted at times (no I don't pley anything loudly), no other problems so far at 25000 miles"

Good but not great

By on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"I bought this car as a 2nd car to go with our gas hog Durango. It works well for what I need it for. The ride is a little rough and the back seats are not comfortable for an adult but we seldom have an adult in the back. Gas mileage is about what we expect. I use it for work and for running around town. Would like it for longer trips but my wife has back issues if she rides in this car for more than an hour. Good looking car but am wondering if I have to be concerned in another 10-15000 miles about breakdowns."

By on Monday, October 26, 2009