2008 Dodge Caliber

7.2

Based on 690 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.4/10

good car

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

"love this car"

worst vehicle ever

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

"This is a real piece of something."

Love the Speed & Reaction but not for commuting

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, lots of space"

Cons: "not a commuter car at ALL"

Alki Beach!

"Well, I traded my 2007 Chevy Cobalt in for this car, initially went in to look at the Z's but ended up walking away with this because it still met everything I wanted for a great price but when it came to gas......I regret getting this car :( What I love about this car: 0-60 in 10 secs, the look, turbo, rims, GREAT sound system, so comfy, HUGE back that folds down (slept in this thing for 4 nights while on a road trip to Cali), when you want to go fast...you go fast in seconds! We went from 65 to 97 in 3 or 4 seconds I LOVE this car BUT i also have an hour and a half commute one way (only 30 miles one way) but still, sitting in stop and go traffic is not what this car is made for. If you live somewhere you can go fast or want a toy to take out on the town then this is your car but for commuting....NO WAY. I spend roughly 80-100 a week in gas :( But it has a plug in for auxiliary, the rear view mirror dims at night so it's not blinding you it like, goes greenish so helps your eyes. It's a manual which I do enjoy, but again in stop n go traffic every day it just is not pleasant, my knee is always killing me from shifting. Really, there's nothing bad at all about this car, I've had no mechanical issues with it at all, just keep up with everything and you're GOLDEN!"

Alki Beach!

Looks nice, structurally problematic

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "Suspension parts need replaced more than tires do"

"My family purchased the vehicle in 2008 because the price was reasonable and it was good on gas. We also liked the design of the vehicle. The body and interior of the vehicle are in very good condition today - no exterior rust, no visible wear on seats, etc. - but the suspension and drive train of the vehicle are shot. We have replaced front end suspension parts numerous times since 2008. The garage said we would need a bumper-to-bumper repair of the suspension which would cost approximately $3000. Blue Book value is approximately $3500. I am not a mechanic or engineer, but it seems that the design of the front end suspension system is faulty. Currently the car is parked. The front cross member is rusted through, and it's only a matter of time before it snaps completely. I would not recommend purchasing this vehicle. It's a nice looking car, but there are too many engineering issues with the suspension, in particular."

Lots of repairs

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

"Subframe rotted within first 5 years. Replaced all tied rods, more than once. Spent over $7000 in repairs not including normal maintanence."