2014 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,210 - $20,701.

10/5.4

7.9

Based on 383 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Really Good Car

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "Great price, full of features, sporty"

Cons: "Ok gas mileage, Bluetooth isn't standard"

My car... and some snow

"This was my second car. I got it for a really good price too! It was used with 31,000 miles and I bought this car Certified Used. It only cost 12 thousand. I was shocked since it was loaded with a lot of equipment. I have the SXT trim level. It has the 2.4 4- Cylinder 6 speed autostick transmission. It has nice features such as satellite radio, CD, Aux jack. Mine did not come with bluetooth or usb connectivity unfortunately. My favorite part is the driver information system that tells you almost anything with the car. The car drives a lot like a sedan. Its not really fast but its certainly fast enough. Its got a really quiet cabin and smooth ride quality. This makes it particularly great for road trips. Another thing I love about the redesign Dodge did to the Avenger in 2011 is adding the LED tail lights. This gives to car a sportier feel and more expensive looking than it actually is. I will probably have this car for a long time and right now I see it being very reliable in the long run."

My car... and some snow

not the best car for the price

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "good look"

Cons: "6 speed a/t has bugs/ bad idle when cold"

"not the best car in the winter also car does not have any pull out locations for pulling it out if u get stuck. this avenger not the best on gas. has a few minor flaws with the 6 speed a/t that dodge still work on with has firm shift but loss it self on down shifts or holds gears to short or long. plus has a bad idle during cold wet nights."

I love my Avenger

By on Friday, December 06, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, fun to drive, convenient, Heated Seat"

Cons: "Trunk lid collects water"

"It is very comfortable, fun to drive and I love the heated seats! Back seat has more room then most."

unhappy w/ dodge

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Cons: "small trunk"

"I've had my car for 8months, hate that the trunk leaks, windshield sounds like a teapot brewing when drivers window is down half way, had to get the hood and trunk repainted three times due to paint bubbles, head lights were not put in properly had to get them fixed, paid extra for "Chrome Package" then to find out it's all plastic. when driving the hubcaps rattle and people stare, dealership has never contacted me about how I liked this car. Trying now to get rid of it. Fed up and beyond with Dodge!!!!"

Loud on Certain days!

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Looks ok"

Cons: "Loud, loud, loud"

"I'm not the only Avenger owner that thinks their car sounds like a lawn mower, but only on certain days! Hate It!"

wonderful car

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

"i love this car it has great driving smooth and easy to handle blind spots are minimal. i do wish that i had the 6 speed.it has a long nose but i hardly notice it when i am driving :)"

LOVE MY CAR.....

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "GREAT CAR FOR THE PRICE...."

Cons: "NONE!!!!!"

"THIS CAR IS AMAZING. HAS IT ALL. SO FAST. LIKE DRIVIVG A HEMI. IF YOU BUY AN AVENGER BUY THE R/T ITS WORTH IT!!!"

Worst new car

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful mineral gray"

Cons: "Over heated with less than 30 miles on it"

"I bought the car with 20 miles on it, and it over heather with 30 miles on it. Then the air quit working with 100 miles on it, then turn signals went out two weeks after I got it. The dealership kept my car for 1 week after signing papers."

I am my own worst enemy

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "It looks nice."

Cons: "Looks aren't everything."

"Perhaps buying this car at a dealer that was not Dodge was not bright, but I had no idea that the trunk would leak and that this is a recurring problem from YEARS back through other posts I've seen. Neither Dodge nor the dealer I purchased from were willing to be helpful in the matter. I bought the car as it was bigger than the one I had, space is vital to me while remaining in something less than an SUV, and I am used to working on Dodge vehicles, hence my interest in it. The interior is nothing to rave about in the least, the stability gets shaky while driving average highway speeds, the center console slides out in a manner that blocks the parking brake, the trunk leaking REALLY irritates me as I typically have work equipment in the car on a normal basis that should not get wet, and the check oil reminder goes off whether the oil was just changed or not. I'm also not thrilled with the 'plastic' side mirrors that can not be pulled in to avoid damage, especially with the amount of city driving/parking I do. I'm not even interested in dumping any money into this car to boost my interest level. I've had this car for around 5 months and at this point am trying to pay down enough to make it slightly worth a trade in on something else that will fit my life/work style. I did buy this car from a non-Dodge dealer, so it was not certified and it was a used car purchase, so perhaps some of the blame lies on previous ownership and certainly myself for not picking every detail before getting this car, but at this point, I do dearly miss my 2001 (totaled or I'd still have it) Dodge and will not purchase another made after that year."

Great US made car & value!

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Cool looks, quiet, top safety pick, US made."

Cons: "Has a blind spot but can get used to it."

"I traded an Altima for a 2013 Avenger SE. I opted for chrome clad 18" wheels which look super cool. I choose the car for the value, the IIHS Top Safety Pick, and that it is one of the Top 5 Most American Cars, built in Sterling Heights MI. The reviews are way off. Go drive one, look at the competition, look at the cost, and know it supports US workers. This car is great. No problems and my local dealership has been great. It drives great and is safe. My only complaint is there is a blind spot. If you have a few more dollars, go for the Chrysler 200. It is a twin and has a lot less blind spot. My wife has a 2012 200S and it is awesome."

Great Car and a Great Deal

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "Looks, ride, price, gas mileage, handling."

Cons: "Folding mirrors and 6sp. tranny are not standard"

"We bought this car for my wife, we both like it very much. It is so good looking, the ride and handling is fantastic,gas mileage is great (22 city/31 highway), plenty of power with the 2.4L,but the 6sp. tranny should be standard. I bought this when the incentive was $3500 and the dealer gave me another $500 off the dealers list."

great vehicle for price

By on Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pros: "comfort and gas mileage"

Cons: "dipstick does not accuratley display level."

"Purchased this vehicle mainly because of price and reviews. Great gas mileage, on highway trips I averaged 34 mpg. Have the 2.4 ltr 4cyl. engine. Overall a great value for the price."

Too many problems

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "Too many issues"

"We have a 2010, worst car I ever owned. We have had SOOO many problems, very unreliable. Trunk leaks after rains, but they don't see a problem. Break issues from day one and constantly having to replace brakes and rotors. Ball bearing issue, rack and pinion, transmission leak. The list goes on and on. When were not having an issue with the car is does drive nice, but it spends more time at the dealership...definitely a lemon!"

Too many problems

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "Too many issues"

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "EXCEL V/6,EXCEL INTERIOR"

Cons: "SLIGHT TORQUE STEER DURING HARD ACCELERATION"

"I OWN A 2012 DODGE AVENGER R/T 3.6 V6.CAR WEIGHTS 3600 LBS.GEARS ARE 4.12s AND IS 6 SPEED AUTO.THE COMBINATION OF 4.12 GEARS AND 283 HP MAKE THIS CAR A SOLID 6 SECOND MACHINE GOING FROM 0 TO 60 MPH.ENTERIOR QUALITY ON THE R/T IS EXCELLENT.SUSPENSION ON THE R/T HAS BEEN GREATLY IMPROVED IN 2011 THUS THE LABEL R/T.CORNERING IS FANTASTIC DOUBLE INSULATION PREVENTS ROAD NOISE.TRANSMISSION SHIFTS AT 6000 RPM.DODGE HASNT ADVERTISED THE R/T.THE PUBLIC DOESNT KNOW ABOUT THE R/T. IF THEY WOULD ADVERTISE THIS R/T,MORE PEOPLE WOULD BY IT!!"

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "EXCEL V/6,EXCEL INTERIOR"

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "EXCEL V/6,EXCEL INTERIOR,EXCEL RIDE & QUITE"

Cons: "SLIGHT TORQUE STEER DURING HARD ACCELERATION"

"I OWN A 2012 DODGE AVENGER R/T 3.6 V6.CAR WEIGHTS 3600 LBS.GEARS ARE 4.12s AND IS 6 SPEED AUTO.THE COMBINATION OF 4.12 GEARS AND 283 HP MAKE THIS CAR A SOLID 6 SECOND MECHINE GOING FROM 0 TO 60 MPH.ENTERIOR QUALITY ON THE R/T IS EXCELLENT.SUSPENSION ON THE R/T HAS BEEN GREATLY IMPROVED IN 2011 THUS THE LABEL R/T.CORNERING IS FANTASTIC DOUBLE INSULATION PREVENTS ROAD NOISE.TRANSMISSION SHIFTS AT 6000 RPM.DODGE HASNT ADVERTISED THE R/T.THE PUBLIC DOESNT KNOW ABOUT THE R/T. IF THEY WOULD ADVERTISE THIS R/T,MORE PEOPLE WOULD BY IT!!"

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "EXCEL V/6,EXCEL INTERIOR,EXCEL RIDE & QUITE"

Excellent Condition

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

"Excellent condition with added blue tooth for hands free cell phone use."

overall not happy

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "How it handles, how it looks"

Cons: "The durability (issues I have had), design flaws"

"I bought this car brand new in 2010. I enjoy driving and using it when it works. However I have had issues with the brakes squeaking and making noise, the transmission making weird noises, the driver side window motor broke, the emergency brake light coming on for no apparant reason and at random times, and some kind of rod in the steering broke causing popping noises and a popping in the steering wheel. I have had the car in the shop at least 6 or 7 times for these issues (more than once on some issues). That is way too many times to have your car in the shop escpecially when it has had regular maintenance, been taken care of, and just barely has 40000 miles on it. Other design features I did not like are the plastic chrome ring around the shifter reflects sun in your eyes, the trunk lid/opening make it hard to get odd shaped items in there (I often find that things are just barely too long/tall/wide)and it is also sometimes hard to get things in the back seat as well, and sometimes if you get one drop of water on the seat it will make a stain. Other than that I loved how it drives and looks. However do to the issues I had I am in the process of getting rid of it."

Definitely worth the money!

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "Virtually everything."

Cons: "The break lights looks like flowers."

"I bought the avenger in february, and I can't be happier. This car is absolutely fantastic. It picks up speeds rapidly, does better on gas than my last car, is comfortable to drive, handles fantastically, and it looks incredible."

very good

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "drives awesome"

"We love the vehicle it is the best one of the best vehicles I have ever purchased."

I love this car.

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "sharp style, good quality for the price."

Cons: "only the lightness of the front end when passing."

"Front end a little too light. When taking off to pass front end lifts up some and causes car to go to left and back to right. Need to keep control with steering wheel when this happens. The car is great overall. Just this one thing I believe needs to be changed."

Warning

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

"After only 2 years after the vehicle was manufactured the car has had 3 shifters. The shifter would not shift out of park, after replacing it the first time the recall finally came out and even though the car was recalled for the inability to shift out of park DODGE charged me for it! This car was my latest and last attempt to "buy American" sorry but back to HONDA I go. Oh yeah I almost forgot the motor for the window on the driver side blew out as well and at that time the car had around 75k miles on it."

Fun to drive. Killer Design. A proud American.

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Killer Design. A proud American."

Cons: "Weak acceleration."

"This Avenger is a 2012 SXT. A roomy car for a tall guy like me which was one main reason why I bought it. Enough space also for grownups in the back seat. Ride is somewhat bumpy at low speeds on bad roads, but it pays well back at higher speeds. Surprisingly comfortable on longer roads trips where the somewhat hard seats show to be supportive when you best need it. Much better gas mileage that advertised, I am never fewer than 26, highway up to 35. The car is fairly quiet inside. Design, both exterior and interior is so cool, how could one not love it? Can only score 10/10. It is actually nice to ride a cool car, a feature not to underrate - I never thought about this before I bought the Avenger. Radio with big responsive touch screen; comes with one year Sirius XM. Good sound system. Dashboard is absolutely perfectly designed, clean, retro, and functional. Engine has a somewhat weak acceleration, this is perhaps the biggest con of the Avenger, but that doesn’t bother a laid back driver like me. If you need action when lights turn green, don’t buy it, then buy the 6-cylinder version instead. The transmissions is smooth, I barely feel its existence. All in all, nothing to complain about, everything works great. Fun to drive. I am a pleased owner, 20 000 miles now. I am an immigrant from Europe. I can’t understand how Americans have given up their heritage now driving those Camry and Civic. Be proud of American car design that once upon the time made this country so famous, take back you domains!"

See if you qualify for