2013 Dodge Avenger

8.0

Based on 415 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Worst new car

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful mineral gray"

Cons: "Over heated with less than 30 miles on it"

"I bought the car with 20 miles on it, and it over heather with 30 miles on it. Then the air quit working with 100 miles on it, then turn signals went out two weeks after I got it. The dealership kept my car for 1 week after signing papers."

overall not happy

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "How it handles, how it looks"

Cons: "The durability (issues I have had), design flaws"

"I bought this car brand new in 2010. I enjoy driving and using it when it works. However I have had issues with the brakes squeaking and making noise, the transmission making weird noises, the driver side window motor broke, the emergency brake light coming on for no apparant reason and at random times, and some kind of rod in the steering broke causing popping noises and a popping in the steering wheel. I have had the car in the shop at least 6 or 7 times for these issues (more than once on some issues). That is way too many times to have your car in the shop escpecially when it has had regular maintenance, been taken care of, and just barely has 40000 miles on it. Other design features I did not like are the plastic chrome ring around the shifter reflects sun in your eyes, the trunk lid/opening make it hard to get odd shaped items in there (I often find that things are just barely too long/tall/wide)and it is also sometimes hard to get things in the back seat as well, and sometimes if you get one drop of water on the seat it will make a stain. Other than that I loved how it drives and looks. However do to the issues I had I am in the process of getting rid of it."

Love this car, it's luxurious and sporty!

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pros: "Price, performance, appearance, reliability."

Cons: "trunk entrance space, cup holders tight to access"

"This car has the best bang for the buck of any vehicle I've owned. It's very powerful with the 3.6 V6 as well as being great on fuel mileage. It's fun and comfortable to drive and I have not had anything to complain about thus far, having it for a year now."

love this car

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

Pros: "great price and fantastic ride."

Cons: "i hit the hazard lights a lot. Bad location"

"This is the best car i have ever had. Lots of room in back for adult passengers orr to put three car seats."

By on Monday, September 06, 2010

"I have had my '08 Avenger since October of '07. I have had it back to my dealer constantly for transmission problems. I have been stranded twice because it would not start. The dealer could give me no explanation what or why it would not start. My power windows no longer work, but of course that is not covered by the warranty. Not all transmission problems are covered by the "lifetime" warrantly either. After spending several hundred dollars to fix my transmission problems 2 weeks ago, I am adding more fluid this morning. Do not buy this car!!"