2013 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,765 - $19,390.

10/5.5

7.9

Based on 374 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Fuel Efficiency and Great Midsize Car

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, good handling, value, ride"

"love the handling of car. Its a great vehicle being more sporty and reasonably best in performance with having a V6 engine. Features are outstanding the resale value is excellent on car gives me good gas mileage plenty of room rides smooth. Looks more of a top of the line coupe with taillights and factory R/T wheels. The Avenger is comfortable available with heated seats, UCONNECT navigation, blue tooth and USB/iPod interface include a great sound system. It drives absolutely best more quiet great smooth ride and gas mileage is overall excellent on Avenger. I love this car on lots of good features in its class from more sporty looks and steering controls are outstanding."

Good car if you don't expect much.

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Reason: cheap quality

Pros: "Attractive body style, good mileage"

Cons: "cheap workmanship, poor quality interior."

"I bought a 2008 Avenger with only about 100 miles on it. I loved the look of the car and the ride was very comfortable on the test drive. The dealer gave me a really great deal (too good to turn down... should have been my first clue). The first few weeks it was a really sweet ride, so we went back and got a matching one for my husband. I noticed his car drove a lot more 'tight'. Didn't sway as much as mine did. Mine felt like it was always windy out and was a little more 'loose' than his in the steering. His was the top of the line, all the bells and whistles, whereas mine was the plain jane, low end model. So I chalked it up to that. One thing we both had in common though, was the very first week of ownership, our air vents broke when we tried to flip them up to redirect the air flow. About a month after getting it, we took mine out on the interstate on our first long distance trip, I noticed it had a lot of road noise. Almost sounded like a plane was overhead at times. The feeling of being windy out was again very noticeable. We took mine in several times to the dealer for 'small things' like the interior door trim falling off, door not fitting right, etc. My husband's had leather seats which cracked and looked worn before the first year was up. We both had several recalls on our cars in the first 2-3 years (at least 4 apiece). Both cars had the shifter break, leaving us having to take apart the shifter area in order to get the car into gear. It was one of the recalls. After the 2nd year, his car started using oil. Around year 3 for his and year 4 for mine (but the same amount of miles), they both developed transmission problems and started slipping between first and second gears. Mine developed some type of 'air lock' in the 4th year. When I'd drive down the interstate, it'd act like it had air bubbles in the gas. It'd spit and sputter when you'd step on the gas. The mechanic could never find anything wrong. The cars both had very cheap interiors that fell apart, fairly quickly. The molding strips on the bottom of mine fell off when I drove through heavy snow one winter. All of a sudden they were gone and thats the only thing we remember doing. Mine developed 'bubbling' of the paint on the nose of the hood. When a battery needed changed, we found out you have to remove the driver's side wheel and take apart the wheel well to get the battery out. Based on our experience with the two 2008's that we purchased, I will NEVER purchase another Dodge car."

Great American car

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Great performance and yet good economy"

Cons: "Traction control is a nuisance."

"I'm early 60s and have owned a lot of cars. When looking for a new one, I wanted: performance, style ( this car has a great muscle car style ) all the latest do- dads, and economy. I've owned it now for a couple years and still look forward to getting behind the wheel, especially at stop lights. I am sorry to see it go away. Goodbye to a great American car."

Had as a rental for a month

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

I don't own this car

"So my vehicle was stolen and I got this rental from my insurance company. Being used to an old 99 with poor HP, I spit rocks as I pulled out of the driveway!! I felt like a millionaire, until I checked my blind spots... to look over your shoulder, it is really hard to see out the back window (Im a short 5'2" woman) and the small side windows in the back might as well not even have been there!! The body was also really wide between the back door and the rear windshield, making for a huge blind spot which nearly costed me several accidents. Its not a big deal in rural areas, but I live in a metro, so I need to be able to navigate in a split second, something that is hard to do when you need to look at 2 mirriors and look back, and then check your mirriors again. Now granted, I know that is how you are supposed to drive anyway, but anyone who drives in heavy traffic full of people texting and driving, putting on make up while they speed to work, etc knows that often times will CAUSE you an accident. The car was fairly comfy, but my rump was a bit sore after taking it for an hour and half ride, something I didnt have an issue with in my 99 Malibu. The body style is pretty sleek, a nice look that both the man and woman will love. The interior is pretty spacious, not overly, but 5 adults can ride in it so it could be alot worse, and though it doesnt look it, the trunk is HUGE. IDK about service, it never had issues in teh month I had it, the gas mileage was actually not that bad at all for such a powerful engine (comparable to my smaller 99 Malibu), but it was pretty good highway miles. And I did kinda romp on it a little, its an awesome car, and a loaner so I wasnt babying it thats for sure!! Only think i didnt like about it was that blind spot."

Very good car. No troubles

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

"I really enjoyed my avenger when I had it. It was reliable, great gas mileage and good looking. The down side to these cars are that they just don't retain any kind of value. There is no trade in value at all with these vehicles. I paid almost $20,000 for the car 6 years ago and now it is worth 5000.00. You do the math."

NICE CAR FOR THE PRICE

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"Bought mine brand new a year and half a go and have 45,000 miles on it. All I've had to do so far is change the oil and put gas in it. 4 cylinder engine performs well and still gets very good gas mileage. Interior is comfortable and the Uconnect system is very easy to use. The only drawbacks I've found are that it has a horrible blind spot and the steering wheel is uncomfortable on really long trips and has a fair amount of road noise on the highway. I've been very happy with mine over all."

One of the best cars that I have ever had!

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "It's a beautiful car and runs like a dream."

Cons: "I wish it would get better mileage."

"The only problems that I have had with this car is the CD player sometimes freezes and won't restart until I restart the car and one time it totally shut itself off! Luckily, it restarted itself."

Exceptional value for a great car!

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Great value, mpg's, trunk space, leg room."

Cons: "Chrome trim reflects into eyes sometimes"

"I have had my 2010 Dodge Avenger R/T for almost 4 years now and I have not had one single thing go wrong! Nothing! This car has truly been the best new car that I have ever owned! It's fast, handles well and good MPG for a HO 6 cylinder. I might be an exception, but I gave it all 10's!"

Love the avenger

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Love the sporty look outside and roominess inside"

Cons: "20 mpg ok but not great"

"I love the avenger. I have found that there is not a lot of storage inside the car. Once you get used to that it is a great car to drive. There are blind spots from the back window to the trunk but as with any car you have to get used to it. There are no bells and whistles but to find a car that looks sporty in this price range I think it is perfect. I would recommend purchasing some Hockey Stick graphics for a more sporty look. I plan to keep this car 8 to 10 years."

R/T Avenger - Decent

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"I own the R/T edition of this car and I have mixed feelings about it only because I wanted an SUV to begin with but I really liked the sporty car look. So I bought it. Pros: Great acceleration (ONLY IN THE R/T STYLE) Timeless look Cons: Not very comfortable seat. Mesh interior makes it hard to clean in cloth. Small trunk space"

Worst Car Ever.

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Stylish Exterior."

Cons: "Unbearable comfort, stalls often, lights dont work"

"I've been driving this car for about a year, and it has been in our family since buying it new in 2008. This car has been an absolute nightmare. Front brakes wear out incredibly fast and need replaced every 20,000 miles, lights have shorted out while driving a few times (no bad fuse or anything...but all lights inside and out just go dead), car stalls at nearly every stop sign and red light. It is incredibly uncomfortable to drive for your feet, knees, and everything else. I simply cannot wait until spring comes so I can fix my 1998 Neon that has been dead in the street for a year. THAT car was MUCH more comfortable and reliable to drive than this...and it's a 16 year old Neon!!"

Its no bently.

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "smooth. Handles winter surprisingly well."

Cons: "soooo small. No power seats."

"If you want something simple and easy to handle on the road this is your car. However if you prefer more room and a little speed in your life id keep shopping. Everyone looks at you as though your ready to race in this vehicle because of its design but truth be told you cant outrun a snail in this thing. For me its cute girly and easy to park."

I love my car!!!

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "All great!"

Cons: "Not a darned bad thing to say about my car!!"

"I paid $1500 for an "extra" package; spoiler, compass, etc. Has a built in chill box over the glove box hold 4 soda cans and keeps them cool, if they are cold when you put them in. I also have remote auto-start which is great for cold or hot days. I start my car from my condo and it will run for 15 minutes before it shuts off. I usually start it about 6-7 minutes before I go down. It really helps in 100+ degree weather as well as the few times it drops to 40 degrees in S Florida. I can also open the front windows remotely. This is nice to have on beautiful days, just air the car out before getting in. The car does NOT have to be started to open the windows. It drives nicely. Good gas milage. Good acceleration pick up. Love the 6 disc CD player."

Worst car I ever owned!

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Great price, nice radio"

Cons: "Everything else"

"I've never had a car with more problems! The brakes squeal and squeak all the time, even after I've had them changed numerous times! The ride is not comfortable, you feel every bump on the road. It has little power and no acceleration! Both of my thermostats went out rather quickly. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone!"

Trouble Free Avenger

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage-trouble free"

Cons: "Have to put drivers seat quite a ways back for com"

"Not one problem-just had front pads replaced. Nice ride good gas mileage (4 cyl). 30MPG in summer drops to 27 MPG in winter.Excellent in snow with traction control and stability control. Very happy with car."

Good basic transportation, utterly reliable.

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "Utterly reliable, economical, great heater"

Cons: "Visibiliity out rear passenger side window"

"At 97,000 miles my Avenger has been a champ. Only work done other than regular service is brakes (pads at about 40 and 80,000 miles, front disks at 80,000), windshield wipers, and tires. Upper 20's to low 30's MPG in summer, enough power with the 4 cylinder to keep up on the road, great sound system with Sirius, great heater and air, and it started last weekend after sitting out all night at -28 F in Bemidji MN. No rust yet. When I bought it there was a lifetime warranty that I've never had to use. No rattles yet. The only thing bad I have to say is that the rear fender "humps" tend to restrict visibility out the passenger side rear window for backing out of parking spots etc. If I needed another car today, I'd buy another one in an instant."

Really Good Car

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "Great price, full of features, sporty"

Cons: "Ok gas mileage, Bluetooth isn't standard"

My car... and some snow

"This was my second car. I got it for a really good price too! It was used with 31,000 miles and I bought this car Certified Used. It only cost 12 thousand. I was shocked since it was loaded with a lot of equipment. I have the SXT trim level. It has the 2.4 4- Cylinder 6 speed autostick transmission. It has nice features such as satellite radio, CD, Aux jack. Mine did not come with bluetooth or usb connectivity unfortunately. My favorite part is the driver information system that tells you almost anything with the car. The car drives a lot like a sedan. Its not really fast but its certainly fast enough. Its got a really quiet cabin and smooth ride quality. This makes it particularly great for road trips. Another thing I love about the redesign Dodge did to the Avenger in 2011 is adding the LED tail lights. This gives to car a sportier feel and more expensive looking than it actually is. I will probably have this car for a long time and right now I see it being very reliable in the long run."

My car... and some snow

not the best car for the price

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "good look"

Cons: "6 speed a/t has bugs/ bad idle when cold"

"not the best car in the winter also car does not have any pull out locations for pulling it out if u get stuck. this avenger not the best on gas. has a few minor flaws with the 6 speed a/t that dodge still work on with has firm shift but loss it self on down shifts or holds gears to short or long. plus has a bad idle during cold wet nights."

I love my Avenger

By on Friday, December 06, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, fun to drive, convenient, Heated Seat"

Cons: "Trunk lid collects water"

"It is very comfortable, fun to drive and I love the heated seats! Back seat has more room then most."

unhappy w/ dodge

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Cons: "small trunk"

"I've had my car for 8months, hate that the trunk leaks, windshield sounds like a teapot brewing when drivers window is down half way, had to get the hood and trunk repainted three times due to paint bubbles, head lights were not put in properly had to get them fixed, paid extra for "Chrome Package" then to find out it's all plastic. when driving the hubcaps rattle and people stare, dealership has never contacted me about how I liked this car. Trying now to get rid of it. Fed up and beyond with Dodge!!!!"

Loud on Certain days!

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Looks ok"

Cons: "Loud, loud, loud"

"I'm not the only Avenger owner that thinks their car sounds like a lawn mower, but only on certain days! Hate It!"

wonderful car

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

"i love this car it has great driving smooth and easy to handle blind spots are minimal. i do wish that i had the 6 speed.it has a long nose but i hardly notice it when i am driving :)"

LOVE MY CAR.....

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "GREAT CAR FOR THE PRICE...."

Cons: "NONE!!!!!"

"THIS CAR IS AMAZING. HAS IT ALL. SO FAST. LIKE DRIVIVG A HEMI. IF YOU BUY AN AVENGER BUY THE R/T ITS WORTH IT!!!"

Worst new car

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful mineral gray"

Cons: "Over heated with less than 30 miles on it"

"I bought the car with 20 miles on it, and it over heather with 30 miles on it. Then the air quit working with 100 miles on it, then turn signals went out two weeks after I got it. The dealership kept my car for 1 week after signing papers."

I am my own worst enemy

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "It looks nice."

Cons: "Looks aren't everything."

"Perhaps buying this car at a dealer that was not Dodge was not bright, but I had no idea that the trunk would leak and that this is a recurring problem from YEARS back through other posts I've seen. Neither Dodge nor the dealer I purchased from were willing to be helpful in the matter. I bought the car as it was bigger than the one I had, space is vital to me while remaining in something less than an SUV, and I am used to working on Dodge vehicles, hence my interest in it. The interior is nothing to rave about in the least, the stability gets shaky while driving average highway speeds, the center console slides out in a manner that blocks the parking brake, the trunk leaking REALLY irritates me as I typically have work equipment in the car on a normal basis that should not get wet, and the check oil reminder goes off whether the oil was just changed or not. I'm also not thrilled with the 'plastic' side mirrors that can not be pulled in to avoid damage, especially with the amount of city driving/parking I do. I'm not even interested in dumping any money into this car to boost my interest level. I've had this car for around 5 months and at this point am trying to pay down enough to make it slightly worth a trade in on something else that will fit my life/work style. I did buy this car from a non-Dodge dealer, so it was not certified and it was a used car purchase, so perhaps some of the blame lies on previous ownership and certainly myself for not picking every detail before getting this car, but at this point, I do dearly miss my 2001 (totaled or I'd still have it) Dodge and will not purchase another made after that year."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25