2011 Dodge Avenger

8.0

Based on 433 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Not a bad car overall

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"I was forced to get a new car after my old one died. As luck would have it I stumbled on a used ’08 Avenger SXT with a sunroof and other added features. The car had 7,000 miles on it when I purchased it and is now up to about 12,000. Got a great deal on it – always buy used if you can. So far the vehicle itself has run well and I am happy with the purchase. I have received MANY compliments on it and enjoy driving it around town. To potential buyers I would say this: There are blind spots in this vehicle! If you have trouble turning your neck - beware. Because of the high sides on the body and the way the headrests are positioned you can lose entire cars on the side of you (and yes, I have adjusted the mirrors). Once you adjust to driving the vehicle – it is not a problem. I love the seat warmers, auto start, and fog lights. All great additions to the basic package. I would also agree with the comment about the trim in the vehicle. Although the “chrome” is a nice touch – it is awful when the sun hits it. I found a solution to this by driving with my right arm on the steering wheel thus blocking the reflection. They have done a good job recalling potential issues and identifying what models they apply to. Car cleans up easily and fabric seems to be holding up well. Love the 60/40 split seat and fold down passenger seat. Fit a 12’ piece of shelving in there with no problems. Gas mileage isn’t bad …. Getting about 22-25 miles per gallon (depends on your driving style) Overall a great AMERICAN car for the sticker price."

great buy

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"only had one problem with the car psi sensor shorted out easy fix. I had a ram with a hemi in it so it feels a little under powered but that could be just me other then that the car is one of the best"

Awesome Vehicle

By on Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Have the R/T loaded minus AWD and traction control. No problems, just one recall for a clip on the locking mechanism for the doors. Took on a road trip in the summer, got better than advertised gas mileage."

Mini-Charger

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"I cloned mine out (R/T - HEMI - Spoiler - Graphics - Wheels) and boy do I get the looks! Looks Hot! Nobody knows it's only a four cylinder!! Great gas mileage - 21 City - 30 Hwy."

A few glitches

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"I bought my Avenger last march. I get fairly good milage (for city traffic). A few minor electronic glitches, however... I have a super sensative "check engine" light that has brought me back to the dealership a few times, and my "brake" alert light activates whenever I am on a forward incline. The leather interior still looks great."

Best Vehicle In Years

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"Having driven this vehicle for only 2 months, I may have over rated it, but for handling, performance, dependability, and overall quality, it has exceeded my expectations."

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"I purchased an Avenger sxt like 2 months ago, I love it, looks "mean," it's a head turner! There are so many things I like about the Avenger, the handling is great, the power is great for the size of the engine. I love the seats and the interior. GREAT CAR! The only thing I dislike is the wheels slip a little when you really get on it!"

Sporty and Functional Avenger R/T

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Pros: "Style and performance at a decent price."

Cons: "No longer being made"

"Have had the car now for 4 years now bought used. It has a very nice style and handles well. Front wheel drive makes is very suitable for bad weather. V-6 has very good acceleration for highway driving. Seats are comfortable for long drives. Car has been very reliable with no issues."

Saves me from the morons!

By on Sunday, July 3, 2016

Pros: "It's a DODGE! it's quick, great sound system"

Cons: "some paint bubbling on front edge of hood"

"I bought new 2008 R/T, it was everything I expected, great handling and response with back against the seat acceleration. Took trip to Seattle thru Mont. Ate up the Rockies, even with packed snow @ Summits.In the Cascades, Snoqualmie Pass had snow freezing on the road, with lots of traffic,that seemed in a big hurry. I avoided a few accidents and spinning cars on the way down, with very light traffic the last 1/3 down. I give the car 60% credit for getting us thru the maze while maintaining stability!"

Very reliable and stylish

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, attractive"

Cons: "Needs larher tires, some small interrior convenien"

"The car has never been in the shop! Good gas mileage. Looks sharp and almost a muscle car."