2011 Dodge Avenger

8.0

Based on 419 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

BEST VEHICLE EVER!

By on Monday, June 25, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and feels like another whole world!"

Cons: "None!"

"This is our second Dodge Avenger! We recently traded in our 2010 Dodge Avenger SXT for a Dodge Avenger R/T. I love dodge and love my new R/T model!"

By on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

HATE THIS CAR!

By on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"I bought this car 8 months ago and I hate it. The car has quite a few blind spots ( I know every car does but this one is worse than others I've owned) The seats are uncomfortable to sit in for over an hour and the car feels "cheap" ... I wish I did not buy this car however the only thing I do like, is the spacious trunk -that's it!"

I absolutely love this car!!!

By on Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and perfect for small families."

Cons: "No real manual transmission available."

"I am a single mom and this car is the perfect fit for my daughter and I. I get my horsepower and sporty look while still being able to function to the needs of being a mom. I drove a fully loaded Titan before buying my Avenger and I must say this car has more driver-felt power then the Titan had. I have more fun with this car than any other vehicle I've ever owned. The affordability is also a plus. I have an SXT Plus model which I find to be a better alternative. The R/T is cool but I can have the SXT Plus which is basically the same car for less the price simply because there are no R/T badges all over the place. I love my car and find it to be more than perfect! I personally cannot wait to buy a few items that will increase my horsepower and allow me to be more competitive with other cars like mine."

good car, but is a dodge

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "size, fuel economy, easy to drive."

Cons: "brakes"

"The car is a good, big, economical car. Dodge has lost its direction for a while, and has left this model to the end of their priority. The car has three defects common from any dodge. First, the windows needed repair because motor failed on the pilot side. Then, the automatic "shifter" broke up, and the radiator failed. I had a warranty, but still was a painful situation. for last, the brakes on the front seem to fail often, causing the car wheel to shake. I have already repair more the brakes than in any other car I have ever own. Although is 80k miles, and due to the economy I may stick to it for a couple of more years. lets see."

AVENGER R/T & V/6 WITH 412 GEARS=0 to 60 in 6 SEC

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "EXCEL V/6,EXCEL INTERIOR"

Cons: "SLIGHT TORQUE STEER DURING HARD ACCELERATION"

"I OWN A 2012 DODGE AVENGER R/T 3.6 V6.CAR WEIGHTS 3600 LBS.GEARS ARE 4.12s AND IS 6 SPEED AUTO.THE COMBINATION OF 4.12 GEARS AND 283 HP MAKE THIS CAR A SOLID 6 SECOND MACHINE GOING FROM 0 TO 60 MPH.ENTERIOR QUALITY ON THE R/T IS EXCELLENT.SUSPENSION ON THE R/T HAS BEEN GREATLY IMPROVED IN 2011 THUS THE LABEL R/T.CORNERING IS FANTASTIC DOUBLE INSULATION PREVENTS ROAD NOISE.TRANSMISSION SHIFTS AT 6000 RPM.DODGE HASNT ADVERTISED THE R/T.THE PUBLIC DOESNT KNOW ABOUT THE R/T. IF THEY WOULD ADVERTISE THIS R/T,MORE PEOPLE WOULD BY IT!!"

great car

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "everything is great"

Cons: "the 2 tone cloth seats needs to be full dark colo"

"the longer i keep this car the better i like it. it drives great and rides great and has exterior just what i wanted. it has great poewr and still has great gas mileage.,next car i get will be another avenger."

verry nice car

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "reliable,fun,musscle car look small car mpg"

Cons: "2.4ltr slightly underpowered"

"ive had this car for 90,000 miles and besides brakes and tires i have not put any money into it at all even when it was under warranty the only repair ever made was a cruse control switch and it was fixed right the first time and no further issues with it. that was at 18,000 miles i would deffinitly buy another one but with the 3.6ltr 6cyl this time the 2.4ltr is a good motor but im a horsepower nut i was happy with the mpg i averaged about 25mpg city and 32-33hywy great car thats all there is to it."

love this car, i want to pay off and keep

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "standard"

Cons: "tires are a bit expensive"

"i think these cars are the greatest with over all look and performance."

Drives as good as it looks!

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

"I am a loyal Chrysler/Dodge customer and the 2009 Dodge Avenger was my first new car purchase. I couldn't be happier! My only complaint is that I don't get even better mileage, but even with at least half in-town driving I still average 27-28 MPG. It looks great and 2.5 years into my loan I still don't mind making my car payment each month. Why drive something without personality? This is a car with spunk!"

Economically Great!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"I bought my car in 08' it was used by a dealership as a demo model before I purchased it. The car has been great, the size is nice for two kids between the ages 1-3 and are now 4-6. The interior is extremely up holding and very difficult to stain. I get wonderful fuel mileage, I generally get about 30mpg on the interstate and about 26-28mpg in city (so usually between 425"

the worst vehicle

By on Sunday, January 09, 2011

"I bought this car used three months ago and already replaced the transmission on it and it still is shifting hard at times manly when cold out. The only thing good about this car is it is very nice looking and very spacious. I would never reccomend this car to anyone used or new and i will never buy another dodge vehicle again"

Gear Grinder

By on Thursday, February 25, 2010

"The car looks great, very quiet, smooth, great mileage, and pretty nice to ride in. However the good ends there. Our car has gone through two transmissions and is currently shopped. It has failed us 3 times on the highway and clunked itself to the shop a few others. The radio presets do not remember what frequency and the clock can't keep time. On top of that, on a sunny day the fake chrome reflects sunlight right underneath sunglasses for a highly annoying glare.I wish we had test drove it on a sunny day. Piece of Junk!"

Nice Family car

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"+ points: Have this car for 1.5 years, worked through Bitter winter and Summer, have 10K miles on it, no problem so far, i get ~23mpg in city and 30 mpg on Highway (with mild AC I get 28mpg on higway). Quiet, comfortable, rugged looking and loaded with cool novelties. Pretty cheap $$$ to buy. We love this one, very practical. Hope they come up with more car like these. Very good american car compare to older dodge vehicles. - points: Interior quality is not the best. Have gaps, if you are very particular in staring interior facets and every corner you will find them. I got 6 speakers music system (MyGIG), It ROCKS, but Hard disk do not work correct in winter, it requires warm up, after that it works normal. If you are looking for 0-60 under 5-6 seconds this is not the car (I have 2.4 L SXT). Well it is obvious looking at its MPG."

Worst vehicle ever

By on Monday, June 15, 2009

"My wife and I have had our 2009 Avenger for about a month. We have made one payment on it and it still has temp tags. It has been back to the dealer twice within the last month. The rotors went back with about 100 miles on it. Now today it is in the shop for new front and rear stuts and the car has 500 miles on it. It is poor quality and cheaply made. I knew we should have bought a Toyota. If you want a good car don't buy an Avenger. If you like to pay mechanic bills then this is the car for you."

just purchased

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"this car is very sporty, more room in back seat than it looks like, only problem is black strip between window and door on both sides has small tears in it and I only have 194 miles on it, the dealer says it is a sticker and they will replace it. I hope it doesnt continue to tear."

Great American car

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Great performance and yet good economy"

Cons: "Traction control is a nuisance."

"I'm early 60s and have owned a lot of cars. When looking for a new one, I wanted: performance, style ( this car has a great muscle car style ) all the latest do- dads, and economy. I've owned it now for a couple years and still look forward to getting behind the wheel, especially at stop lights. I am sorry to see it go away. Goodbye to a great American car."

One of the best cars that I have ever had!

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "It's a beautiful car and runs like a dream."

Cons: "I wish it would get better mileage."

"The only problems that I have had with this car is the CD player sometimes freezes and won't restart until I restart the car and one time it totally shut itself off! Luckily, it restarted itself."

This car has the best trade in value

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pros: "Great value"

"Had a 2010 with four speed transmission and four cylinder engine loved it. Traded it in for a 2013 with six speed transmission and four cylinder engine great gas mileage and Great trade in value, traded with 38000 miles, 2013 had more features and love how it handles on The road."

Good economical sedan

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, will seat five OK, four comfortably."

Cons: "Heavy battery drain while parked with alarm on."

"Mine has the 2.4l PZEV. Best real highway fuel economy has been 36.3 MPG, cruise on at 65, including mountain grades. Real mileage in town is usually 23-24, usuaing mixed city/freeway is 31, respectable for 190 BHP on a five passenger sedan. Typical Mercedes seats (hard as rocks) that was changed in '09 after Daimler dumped Chrysler. Ride is sometimes quirky with diagonal bouncing on uneven pavement at speed. Plus for easy to clean/easy to maintain interior with washable seat covers. Air bags everywhere. Two items to watch...heavy battery drain when alarm system is activated, and the usual "in the fender" battery mounting. Also, alternator has a decoupler pulley; if it makes noise, replace it ASAP. Other than that, reliability's been very good. Good standard audio and powerful AC. Interior noise: about average for this price range. Very low wind noise."

Very good

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"For the time that I have owned the Avenger. It has given me the comfort and driving pleasure as well as economy of some of the larger and more higher priced cars. On several occasions, Friends have remaked on the room and comfort of the back seat."

Great driving car excellent design

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"The Dodge Avenger is a great driving car with a cool sleep design for a sedan. It has a smooth great feeling to it when you drive it and it is great on gas miliage. I'm not actually looking to sell my 2008 Dodge Avenger I just wanted to rate it for people that may be interested. Aside from being a great driving car it offers some really good features. I would recommend this car to a friend. As always when you buy a used car always get it checked out by a mechanic but that's with any used car you buy."

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Power, fun to drive, and great gas mileage"

Cons: "Needs more cup holders in the back"

"Awesome car very powerful and very comfortable car to drive, Love the touchscreen radio and the sirius satellite, also love the gas mileage."

great car, good milage solid comfortable ride.

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "carpet could be more resilent"

"My only complaint would be the carpet (premature ware.)"

awesome handling and smooth ride

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "good gas milage and plenty of power"

Cons: "tires were hard to find..not many choices"

Wyoming - Ten Sleep

"Would buy another one in a heart beat."

Wyoming - Ten Sleep