2011 Dodge Avenger

7.9

Based on 387 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

pleasantly surprised

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

"I enjoy driving this car. I like that it doesn't look like everything else. Plenty of power with 3.6 v6. great hwy mileage,wish city was a little better. Very comfortable ride.The interior is nice and not too busy. Controls are easy to use."

Great, Reliable Vehicle

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "Low price, reliable, comfortable, roomy, GREAT CAR"

Cons: "blind spot"

"I love this car. This is the first car I ever went out and paid for myself. I would recommend this car to anyone! It is a great vehicle! It was a rental before I bought it. It had higher miles than I would have liked but it has been absolutely reliable. No questions asked there. The only thing I don't like about the car is there is a bad blind spot in the back because of the way it was designed. Other than that though, if you're thinking about it, DO IT!"

great looks

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "good looks,gets attention"

Cons: "oiss poor service from dealer"

"great car,fun to drive,very good gas milage."

Fuel Efficiency and Great Midsize Car

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, good handling, value, ride"

"love the handling of car. Its a great vehicle being more sporty and reasonably best in performance with having a V6 engine. Features are outstanding the resale value is excellent on car gives me good gas mileage plenty of room rides smooth. Looks more of a top of the line coupe with taillights and factory R/T wheels. The Avenger is comfortable available with heated seats, UCONNECT navigation, blue tooth and USB/iPod interface include a great sound system. It drives absolutely best more quiet great smooth ride and gas mileage is overall excellent on Avenger. I love this car on lots of good features in its class from more sporty looks and steering controls are outstanding."

Good car if you don't expect much.

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Reason: cheap quality

Pros: "Attractive body style, good mileage"

Cons: "cheap workmanship, poor quality interior."

"I bought a 2008 Avenger with only about 100 miles on it. I loved the look of the car and the ride was very comfortable on the test drive. The dealer gave me a really great deal (too good to turn down... should have been my first clue). The first few weeks it was a really sweet ride, so we went back and got a matching one for my husband. I noticed his car drove a lot more 'tight'. Didn't sway as much as mine did. Mine felt like it was always windy out and was a little more 'loose' than his in the steering. His was the top of the line, all the bells and whistles, whereas mine was the plain jane, low end model. So I chalked it up to that. One thing we both had in common though, was the very first week of ownership, our air vents broke when we tried to flip them up to redirect the air flow. About a month after getting it, we took mine out on the interstate on our first long distance trip, I noticed it had a lot of road noise. Almost sounded like a plane was overhead at times. The feeling of being windy out was again very noticeable. We took mine in several times to the dealer for 'small things' like the interior door trim falling off, door not fitting right, etc. My husband's had leather seats which cracked and looked worn before the first year was up. We both had several recalls on our cars in the first 2-3 years (at least 4 apiece). Both cars had the shifter break, leaving us having to take apart the shifter area in order to get the car into gear. It was one of the recalls. After the 2nd year, his car started using oil. Around year 3 for his and year 4 for mine (but the same amount of miles), they both developed transmission problems and started slipping between first and second gears. Mine developed some type of 'air lock' in the 4th year. When I'd drive down the interstate, it'd act like it had air bubbles in the gas. It'd spit and sputter when you'd step on the gas. The mechanic could never find anything wrong. The cars both had very cheap interiors that fell apart, fairly quickly. The molding strips on the bottom of mine fell off when I drove through heavy snow one winter. All of a sudden they were gone and thats the only thing we remember doing. Mine developed 'bubbling' of the paint on the nose of the hood. When a battery needed changed, we found out you have to remove the driver's side wheel and take apart the wheel well to get the battery out. Based on our experience with the two 2008's that we purchased, I will NEVER purchase another Dodge car."