2011 Dodge Avenger

7.9

Based on 393 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "EXCEL V/6,EXCEL INTERIOR"

Cons: "SLIGHT TORQUE STEER DURING HARD ACCELERATION"

"I OWN A 2012 DODGE AVENGER R/T 3.6 V6.CAR WEIGHTS 3600 LBS.GEARS ARE 4.12s AND IS 6 SPEED AUTO.THE COMBINATION OF 4.12 GEARS AND 283 HP MAKE THIS CAR A SOLID 6 SECOND MACHINE GOING FROM 0 TO 60 MPH.ENTERIOR QUALITY ON THE R/T IS EXCELLENT.SUSPENSION ON THE R/T HAS BEEN GREATLY IMPROVED IN 2011 THUS THE LABEL R/T.CORNERING IS FANTASTIC DOUBLE INSULATION PREVENTS ROAD NOISE.TRANSMISSION SHIFTS AT 6000 RPM.DODGE HASNT ADVERTISED THE R/T.THE PUBLIC DOESNT KNOW ABOUT THE R/T. IF THEY WOULD ADVERTISE THIS R/T,MORE PEOPLE WOULD BY IT!!"

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "EXCEL V/6,EXCEL INTERIOR,EXCEL RIDE & QUITE"

Cons: "SLIGHT TORQUE STEER DURING HARD ACCELERATION"

"I OWN A 2012 DODGE AVENGER R/T 3.6 V6.CAR WEIGHTS 3600 LBS.GEARS ARE 4.12s AND IS 6 SPEED AUTO.THE COMBINATION OF 4.12 GEARS AND 283 HP MAKE THIS CAR A SOLID 6 SECOND MECHINE GOING FROM 0 TO 60 MPH.ENTERIOR QUALITY ON THE R/T IS EXCELLENT.SUSPENSION ON THE R/T HAS BEEN GREATLY IMPROVED IN 2011 THUS THE LABEL R/T.CORNERING IS FANTASTIC DOUBLE INSULATION PREVENTS ROAD NOISE.TRANSMISSION SHIFTS AT 6000 RPM.DODGE HASNT ADVERTISED THE R/T.THE PUBLIC DOESNT KNOW ABOUT THE R/T. IF THEY WOULD ADVERTISE THIS R/T,MORE PEOPLE WOULD BY IT!!"

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "EXCEL V/6,EXCEL INTERIOR,EXCEL RIDE & QUITE"

Excellent Condition

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

"Excellent condition with added blue tooth for hands free cell phone use."

overall not happy

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "How it handles, how it looks"

Cons: "The durability (issues I have had), design flaws"

"I bought this car brand new in 2010. I enjoy driving and using it when it works. However I have had issues with the brakes squeaking and making noise, the transmission making weird noises, the driver side window motor broke, the emergency brake light coming on for no apparant reason and at random times, and some kind of rod in the steering broke causing popping noises and a popping in the steering wheel. I have had the car in the shop at least 6 or 7 times for these issues (more than once on some issues). That is way too many times to have your car in the shop escpecially when it has had regular maintenance, been taken care of, and just barely has 40000 miles on it. Other design features I did not like are the plastic chrome ring around the shifter reflects sun in your eyes, the trunk lid/opening make it hard to get odd shaped items in there (I often find that things are just barely too long/tall/wide)and it is also sometimes hard to get things in the back seat as well, and sometimes if you get one drop of water on the seat it will make a stain. Other than that I loved how it drives and looks. However do to the issues I had I am in the process of getting rid of it."

Definitely worth the money!

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "Virtually everything."

Cons: "The break lights looks like flowers."

"I bought the avenger in february, and I can't be happier. This car is absolutely fantastic. It picks up speeds rapidly, does better on gas than my last car, is comfortable to drive, handles fantastically, and it looks incredible."

very good

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "drives awesome"

"We love the vehicle it is the best one of the best vehicles I have ever purchased."

I love this car.

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "sharp style, good quality for the price."

Cons: "only the lightness of the front end when passing."

"Front end a little too light. When taking off to pass front end lifts up some and causes car to go to left and back to right. Need to keep control with steering wheel when this happens. The car is great overall. Just this one thing I believe needs to be changed."

Warning

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

"After only 2 years after the vehicle was manufactured the car has had 3 shifters. The shifter would not shift out of park, after replacing it the first time the recall finally came out and even though the car was recalled for the inability to shift out of park DODGE charged me for it! This car was my latest and last attempt to "buy American" sorry but back to HONDA I go. Oh yeah I almost forgot the motor for the window on the driver side blew out as well and at that time the car had around 75k miles on it."

Fun to drive. Killer Design. A proud American.

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Killer Design. A proud American."

Cons: "Weak acceleration."

"This Avenger is a 2012 SXT. A roomy car for a tall guy like me which was one main reason why I bought it. Enough space also for grownups in the back seat. Ride is somewhat bumpy at low speeds on bad roads, but it pays well back at higher speeds. Surprisingly comfortable on longer roads trips where the somewhat hard seats show to be supportive when you best need it. Much better gas mileage that advertised, I am never fewer than 26, highway up to 35. The car is fairly quiet inside. Design, both exterior and interior is so cool, how could one not love it? Can only score 10/10. It is actually nice to ride a cool car, a feature not to underrate - I never thought about this before I bought the Avenger. Radio with big responsive touch screen; comes with one year Sirius XM. Good sound system. Dashboard is absolutely perfectly designed, clean, retro, and functional. Engine has a somewhat weak acceleration, this is perhaps the biggest con of the Avenger, but that doesn’t bother a laid back driver like me. If you need action when lights turn green, don’t buy it, then buy the 6-cylinder version instead. The transmissions is smooth, I barely feel its existence. All in all, nothing to complain about, everything works great. Fun to drive. I am a pleased owner, 20 000 miles now. I am an immigrant from Europe. I can’t understand how Americans have given up their heritage now driving those Camry and Civic. Be proud of American car design that once upon the time made this country so famous, take back you domains!"

Worst car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "terrible manufacturing"

"I purchased this vehicle used in 2010 and have since replaced the alternator and the brakes (3 times). Now the check enging and electronic throttle control lights are on. This is the noisest car I've ever owned. Even with new brakes/rotators there is brake noise and dust. Steering column makes a screeking noise, have yet to find the problem. I used to think it was the dealer selling me a bad used vehicle but further research has led me to believe it's just this car. I would definitely warn you against purchasing."

So far I'm in love!!!!

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

Pros: "looks, mpg, roomy, love the way it drives/sounds"

Cons: "blind spots"

"I bought this car practically brand new. Was not even looking at the Dodge family but it was too good to pass up. It drives great even though it doesn't have the power of my old car. Up hill can sometimes be a little slower then normal but its nothing that bothers me. It doesn't accelerate as fast as I had thought it would but again its fast enough that I don't feel like I'm going to get run off the interstate before I reach speed limit. This car is not made to accelerate quickly from a dead stop but once it gains speed it is very powerful. Idle speed is great. The ride is very smooth and if you give it gas it sounds powerful. Gas mileage is great! I get 22 mpg in the city. I did notice that if you constantly push the car past 3rpm in the city then you are going to get waaaay less then 22 mpg. So I've definitely started driving easier and less angier. There are some nasty blind spots but positioning your mirrors to where you can barely see the handles of the door take care of that for the most part. I had a friend walk certain areas behind me while I was parked to get a feel for the blind spots, they actually weren't as bad as I thought. I have to agree that the cup holders are a bit tight. But my favorite feature is the radio buttons on the back of the steering wheel, literally putting the radio controls at your fingertips. The car has climate control as well, so I can set it at a certain temperature and it will adjust to maintain that temperature. Its a great family car that still has an edgy, sleek look with lots of room."

outstanding car

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "great mileage / power.4 dr convenience and comfort"

Cons: "blind spots"

"A great car for the money and then some!No problems at all.Mileage is better than advertised.Comfortable and rides great.I love it and will wait for the new one in a year or so."

my first new car ever and it is awesome!

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "styling,quailty of interior and great ride"

Cons: "trunk opening a bit small"

"I chose this car because I love the Dodge brand, and it was a cheaper choice for me over the Charger. I have the V6 SE with the spoiler and 18 rims. I find it to be very fun to drive and can't wait to get behind the wheel everyday. It has a great exterior design that I feel is very cool compared to other brands. The interior is equally as nice . I love the "stitching" in the dash and doors. It looks like a high end car. Its a great buy for the money. It has lots of power and brakes well. It shifts smoothly and glides over the road. Being that I have always bought used , I'm very impressed on my first new car. Plan on keeping it as long as it running."

i love it

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "tires not great but i bought better ones"

"i love this car, i come from a ford family and i got the car used from the ford lot but i wouldnt trade it for anything"

The best bang for the buck you can buy!

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "283 hp ready to please, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Torque over steering, but it makes it interesting."

"While looking for an affordable mid size sedan on the market and a fixed budget I wanted something good on gas but with an attitude. Neither of the imports can match the features and the price of the avenger. My testosterone levels are please with the looks and power of the car, plus my tamed family man are also in harmony."

Awesome car ..... great to drive

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "It's quick, it looks good, it's comfortable and it"

Cons: "Past reputation of Chrysler..."

"I drove many cars while deciding if I wanted to move to a smaller sedan. I thought I was going to get into a Charger on possibly a 300. I drove the SXT with the V6..... WOW. This car is so fun to drive. It has a great look compared to other cars in it's class and gets better gas millage than it's bigger siblings. I have had it 5 day now and really enjoy the look, feel and handling of it. I got it with cold weather and sun and sound options and couldn't be happier."

Most for the money

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "V6 w/283hp, great looking car, nice interior too"

Cons: "none found yet"

"Purchased 2013 Avenger this week and this car is by far the best value for the money - Ford and GM don't even have a car in this class with this kind of power (283hp)! Great value for the money and it is a nice sporty vehicle the kids are proud to drive as well. Great job on design and price! With incentives at $3,000 right now and the best V6 on the market it was a deal I couldn't pass up! Looking forward to having this car for years, looks great and moves fast for under $20K!"

Don't listen to the experts - This is a great car!

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

Pros: "Engine, interior, handling"

Cons: "torque steer, Goodyear LS tires."

"It's unfortunate that due to Chrysler's reputation of poor quality and cheap interiors that this car gets overlooked. In my opinion it is the best value in the midsize market, and it happens to be the best looking as well. I test drove the Altima, Optima and Malibu but opted for the Dodge Avenger SE with the 3.6L V6. The car handles great and has loads of power with the V6. (much faster than anything else I test drove) The six speed transmission is smooth and fun to drive in auto-stick mode. The interior is where Dodge really made strides. Gone are the hard cheap plastics. Nice soft-touch surfaces and a great dash layout. Pricing on these Avengers is great. Paid $19,300 after rebate for an SE with V6, 18 inch rims and spoiler. Kudos to Dodge for building such a nice car at an affordable price."

This car has the best trade in value

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pros: "Great value"

"Had a 2010 with four speed transmission and four cylinder engine loved it. Traded it in for a 2013 with six speed transmission and four cylinder engine great gas mileage and Great trade in value, traded with 38000 miles, 2013 had more features and love how it handles on The road."

I LOVE my Avenger!!

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, great features, stylish, economical"

Cons: "Blind spot when reversing, no auto tint mirriors"

"I transitioned to the Avenger from a V8 Cadillac and it has been out of this world. For a V4 it is a powerful car with a good amount of get-up and go and a full tank of gas lasts me nearly 3 weeks every time. I drove this car from Indiana to South Carolina on vacation this year, the trip is about 1,800 miles and 14 hours and it was wonderful the whole time. I made the trip with about 2 1/2 tanks of gas. The ride is incredibly smooth and nearly silent to the outside world. Fantastic turn radius and handling, especially going high speeds through the Tenn. mountainsides. I love that I can plug my phone into the car for hands free access and I can listen to music strait from my phone. Also, love the dash drink cooler. I honestly love just about everything that this car has to offer. The only down side is the panel over the back of the back door windows cause a bigger blind spot than I was used to, but I have grown accustom to it by now, just annoying at first."

Fantastic little car

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "great price, reliable, economical, fun to drive"

Cons: "no fog lights, no heated mirrors"

"Bought new and have driven almost 100,000 miles. Very good, reliable, economical car."

I love my 2010 R/T! Give the car a chance!

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Sporty, Great MPG, drives and looks great"

Cons: "MAYBE the transmission can be a little smoother"

"I absolutely love my 2010 Avenger R/T 2.4l! I used to drive a 01 Durango 4.7 and the transition to this car is very different but in a great way! The gas mileage is great, it looks and drives great and it is just very sporty for a 4 door sedan! Dodge did a great job! People need to take it from the owners, its a great car!"

Love this car, it's luxurious and sporty!

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pros: "Price, performance, appearance, reliability."

Cons: "trunk entrance space, cup holders tight to access"

"This car has the best bang for the buck of any vehicle I've owned. It's very powerful with the 3.6 V6 as well as being great on fuel mileage. It's fun and comfortable to drive and I have not had anything to complain about thus far, having it for a year now."

great car

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "everything is great"

Cons: "the 2 tone cloth seats needs to be full dark colo"

"the longer i keep this car the better i like it. it drives great and rides great and has exterior just what i wanted. it has great poewr and still has great gas mileage.,next car i get will be another avenger."