2011 Dodge Avenger

7.9

Based on 396 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 16 | Next

Overall Pretty Nice

By on Saturday, July 05, 2008

"Purchased the R/T V-6 about one month ago. The ride is smooth and powerful. The MyGig Navigation System with satellite radio and UConnect Bluetooth (hands free cell phone) are very fun and useful. The interior room is fantastic in the front and back, along with great headroom (40"). On the cons side, the drivers seat does have an annoying inconsistent squeak. The leather seats are generally comfortable, but on a 3 hour trip, the seat didn't seem as comfortable. I did install after market window tinting, which allowed much better visability of the navigation system (during the day) and made visability much more comfortable for the driver and passengers. I bought the vehicle for $28K out the door and notice on Kelly Blue Book the trade in value after only one month is a loss of over $10,000. I have no intention of getting rid of it however, and I am satisfied with it so far. Gas mileage is an average of 20 MPG with a 50-50 combo of city and freeway driving. I would recommend the vehicle for its many features, value pricing and overall driving experience."

Not a bad car overall

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"I was forced to get a new car after my old one died. As luck would have it I stumbled on a used ’08 Avenger SXT with a sunroof and other added features. The car had 7,000 miles on it when I purchased it and is now up to about 12,000. Got a great deal on it – always buy used if you can. So far the vehicle itself has run well and I am happy with the purchase. I have received MANY compliments on it and enjoy driving it around town. To potential buyers I would say this: There are blind spots in this vehicle! If you have trouble turning your neck - beware. Because of the high sides on the body and the way the headrests are positioned you can lose entire cars on the side of you (and yes, I have adjusted the mirrors). Once you adjust to driving the vehicle – it is not a problem. I love the seat warmers, auto start, and fog lights. All great additions to the basic package. I would also agree with the comment about the trim in the vehicle. Although the “chrome” is a nice touch – it is awful when the sun hits it. I found a solution to this by driving with my right arm on the steering wheel thus blocking the reflection. They have done a good job recalling potential issues and identifying what models they apply to. Car cleans up easily and fabric seems to be holding up well. Love the 60/40 split seat and fold down passenger seat. Fit a 12’ piece of shelving in there with no problems. Gas mileage isn’t bad …. Getting about 22-25 miles per gallon (depends on your driving style) Overall a great AMERICAN car for the sticker price."

This car is an "Average Joe"

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"We have owned our '08 Avenger for about a year now. I am sad to report that we have been dissapointed with the car. In the looks department it is a 10. The features on our SXT 4-Cyl are a good value for the price and it is very economical. Mechanically, it has been reliable so far (except for the 3 recalls!) I am extremely disspointed in the huge depreciation on this model. In nearly one year, we have lost 50% of the value paid (and we bought with an employee pricing plan). I would expect that kind of depreciation after 2-3 years with an American model. I think flooding the rental market with these cars did not help. My largest complaint with the car is the general lack of quality. Interior is a snap-together design and it is very noisy and rattles on our Oregon highways. The drivers seat has an annoying squeak. All of these items have been checked by the dealers several times (at least 8 trips to service) and no trouble is ever found. Our other major complaint is this thing is noisy! We took it on a 2000 mi road trip and every day our ears were ringing with road noise at the end of the day. We had such a good experience with our PT cruiser (80k miles when sold), we decided to take a chance with this car and regret it. It is unfortunate because we really want to support companies that are based in the U.S. but with the lack of engineering and quality in this model, it makes purchasing difficult."

Outstanding Car!

By on Thursday, June 05, 2008

"I have only owned my Avenger SXT for about a month. I owned a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 for 7 years, and with the gas prices, decided to downsize (plus, my teenage children couldn't fit in the backseat any longer). I shopped for this car for about a year and couldn't be more pleased. The only drawback is a major blind spot just aft of the passenger window. It's fully loaded (minus the MyGig), with the 2.7L V-6. Stickered at $25,2K, got it for $22,6K. For the price and gas mileage, you can't beat it. My oldest child loves driving it. Thank you Dodge for making a real "looker" of a car! Can't wait to take it on a long trip."

I LOVE IT!!!

By on Saturday, May 31, 2008

"I have one complaint about my car. The silver around the gear shift is blinding when the sun hits it. I wish it were black instead. Other than that everything else about the car is great. I shopped around a lot before I bought this car. It is definitely the best car for the money. None of the other cars in this price range had the interior room that this car has. I plan to drive it for a very long time. Thanks Dodge!"

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Avenger

By on Monday, May 19, 2008

"The only problem I've had with this vehicle was some starter drag and stalling problems which should have been fixed by the most recent recall on the tire-pressure sensor. Also the seats become uncomfortable on road trips. Other than that, I love this car."

By on Monday, May 19, 2008

By on Saturday, May 17, 2008

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

SXT Model

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"I leased my 2008 Avenger back in Aug 2007 model, SXT 4cyl. The style of the car is great and the overall ride quality is good, but the cloth seats are like a lead brick and the 3 recalls have been a real drag along with driveability issues that the dealer can't seem to pinpoint, this vehicle only has 6538 miles on it at the time of this write up. luckly i did not purchase this vehicle and I'm planning on trading it in very soon!"

08 Avenger left me cold

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2008

"After owning and driving the mid range SXT model for a year, i finally decided it left me cold and wanting more. At first I overlooked the low speed hard shifts, the plastic interior slow acceleration. Finally it all caught up to me. Pros for this car was the Heated seats (cloth, not leather), remote start and GREAT Gas milage for a mid size sedan(32 Highway). Cons were the Hard plastic interior, poor braking, and too much roll on sharp turns. I would not even bother with the R/T model after owning the SXT version. I would however recommend this vehicle as a first car for a teen."

Great for Carseats

By on Saturday, April 26, 2008

"There is a lot of backseat room for carseats"

By on Thursday, April 17, 2008

By on Thursday, April 17, 2008

"Good on gas, smooth ride and very good warranty."

SE Dodge Avenger

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"I purchased my SE Dodge Avenger in Jan.'08 w/ 15,000 miles. I downsized from a 6 cylinder (another make and model) to a 4 cylinder and I love it. Everyone thought I was crazy, but the 4-cylinder has just enough pick up for me. 2 complaints - 1 serious blind spot on passenger side, and alot of the time when I use my turn signal - I accidentally hit the bright lights on?!?!"

Wonder Car

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2008

"This vehicle is wonderful and beyond convenient in the dry summer heat. With the SXT model I own I can simply turn on the car via the remote start system and the interior is cooled before I enter the vehicle. The handling is very smooth and the engine is not nearly as loud as magazine reviews claim. I love this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone."

R/T AWD

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2008

"First let me say that I think that the Avenger is a great car, and for the money spent it's a good deal. That said, the resale value may make you cry if you plan on trading it in in the first 3 years.... I expect that's because too many believe the published reviews!!!! I think it's quite funny that all the magazine reviews are somewhat negative(don't like interior, resale value(After 3 years the Nissan Altima and the Hona Accord both hold about 11% more value, however after 5 years, they have less than 5 percent more value), and issues with 6 speed transmission) towards the Avenger, BUT the reviews by owners are generally all good!! Huh? Why the disconnect between the two.... If I were a new buyer and read the professional reviews, I would hesitate to make the purchase, but reading the reviews by actual owners is quite a different experience. One would almost think you're reading the review of a different car. I think the main point to keep in mind is value.... It's obvious to me that Dodge spent less time and $$ on the interior, but the car is a good deal less expensive than the Nissan Altima, Honda Accord, and it looks a lot better than either of them......and the powertrain warranty is better..... I have to admit the car has a few rough spots, the 6 speed trans does shift a bit too much, but that is expected with a six speed, and it's a brand new transmission. I purchased the R/T AWD, pretty much loaded minus the rear seat video, and the moon roof....I love the MyGig, just wish the drive was a bit bigger. I love the ability ot insert a CD and have it copied over to the MyGig's internal harddrive! The sound with the optional Boston Acoustics Speakers is also nice, and regardless of the radio, I would spend the extra on the speakers.... I've only had a chance to drive the car in the snow once, but I loved it! It just held the road, even when I tried a few radical moves....The AWD seems to work well. So sure, the inside could look better with something more than textured plastic, and a few pieces of chrome coated plastic thrown in for good measure.....I think Dodge can improve in this area a bit and still keep the cost down.... Overall for the money spent, it 4.5 stars..."

Still love my car !!

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"Special ordered my Avenger SXT last April. Have only put on 6500 miles with one 800 mile road trip. I got 34 mpg on average Hwy. Very smooth ride, love the leather seats. I have waited to write a review so I could try to find something bad about the car. Sorry... Can't do it. The Avenger SXT Is AWESOME!"

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

Great car!!!!

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"Don't listen to the automotive press! This is a great car and a great value! For $23k and change I got a V-6, power everything, steering wheel audio controls, 6-disc cd changer with aux input, 6 speakers, side curtain airbags, 4-wheel ABS, automatic climate control, leather and a whole lot more!!! Best value out there!!!"

NOT GOOD

By on Sunday, March 09, 2008

"I BOUGHT MY CAR MAY 2007. SINCE THEN IT HAS BEEN BACK AND FORTH TO THE DEALER. 3 TIMES FOR LOCKING MECHANISM. 5 TIMES FOR SENSORS AND NOW THE RADIO CHANGES STATIONS ON IT's OWN. THE BREAKS HAD TO BE REPLACED TWICE. BREAK LIGHT COMES ON WHEN ON INCLINE. TIRE SENSOR LIGHT COMES ON EVEN AFTER I HAD PRESSURE CHECKED."

I LOVE MY CAR

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"IT IS A WONDERFUL CAR, I JUST WISH I DIDNT HAVE SO MANY MILES ON MINE ALREADY. I HAVE NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT MY AVENGER. GREAT LOOKING"

Best for money

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"I shopped around all different makes and this is by far the best car for the money. It's priced less than a Civic but is equipped and drives like an Accord. Dodge hit a home-run with this one!"

Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 16 | Next