2010 Dodge Avenger

8.0

Based on 431 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

I am my own worst enemy

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "It looks nice."

Cons: "Looks aren't everything."

"Perhaps buying this car at a dealer that was not Dodge was not bright, but I had no idea that the trunk would leak and that this is a recurring problem from YEARS back through other posts I've seen. Neither Dodge nor the dealer I purchased from were willing to be helpful in the matter. I bought the car as it was bigger than the one I had, space is vital to me while remaining in something less than an SUV, and I am used to working on Dodge vehicles, hence my interest in it. The interior is nothing to rave about in the least, the stability gets shaky while driving average highway speeds, the center console slides out in a manner that blocks the parking brake, the trunk leaking REALLY irritates me as I typically have work equipment in the car on a normal basis that should not get wet, and the check oil reminder goes off whether the oil was just changed or not. I'm also not thrilled with the 'plastic' side mirrors that can not be pulled in to avoid damage, especially with the amount of city driving/parking I do. I'm not even interested in dumping any money into this car to boost my interest level. I've had this car for around 5 months and at this point am trying to pay down enough to make it slightly worth a trade in on something else that will fit my life/work style. I did buy this car from a non-Dodge dealer, so it was not certified and it was a used car purchase, so perhaps some of the blame lies on previous ownership and certainly myself for not picking every detail before getting this car, but at this point, I do dearly miss my 2001 (totaled or I'd still have it) Dodge and will not purchase another made after that year."

AVENGER R/T & V/6 WITH 412 GEARS=0 to 60 in 6 SEC

By on Monday, July 8, 2013

Pros: "EXCEL V/6,EXCEL INTERIOR,EXCEL RIDE & QUITE"

Cons: "SLIGHT TORQUE STEER DURING HARD ACCELERATION"

"I OWN A 2012 DODGE AVENGER R/T 3.6 V6.CAR WEIGHTS 3600 LBS.GEARS ARE 4.12s AND IS 6 SPEED AUTO.THE COMBINATION OF 4.12 GEARS AND 283 HP MAKE THIS CAR A SOLID 6 SECOND MECHINE GOING FROM 0 TO 60 MPH.ENTERIOR QUALITY ON THE R/T IS EXCELLENT.SUSPENSION ON THE R/T HAS BEEN GREATLY IMPROVED IN 2011 THUS THE LABEL R/T.CORNERING IS FANTASTIC DOUBLE INSULATION PREVENTS ROAD NOISE.TRANSMISSION SHIFTS AT 6000 RPM.DODGE HASNT ADVERTISED THE R/T.THE PUBLIC DOESNT KNOW ABOUT THE R/T. IF THEY WOULD ADVERTISE THIS R/T,MORE PEOPLE WOULD BY IT!!"

I love this car.

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "sharp style, good quality for the price."

Cons: "only the lightness of the front end when passing."

"Front end a little too light. When taking off to pass front end lifts up some and causes car to go to left and back to right. Need to keep control with steering wheel when this happens. The car is great overall. Just this one thing I believe needs to be changed."

Most for the money

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "V6 w/283hp, great looking car, nice interior too"

Cons: "none found yet"

"Purchased 2013 Avenger this week and this car is by far the best value for the money - Ford and GM don't even have a car in this class with this kind of power (283hp)! Great value for the money and it is a nice sporty vehicle the kids are proud to drive as well. Great job on design and price! With incentives at $3,000 right now and the best V6 on the market it was a deal I couldn't pass up! Looking forward to having this car for years, looks great and moves fast for under $20K!"

I love my 2010 R/T! Give the car a chance!

By on Monday, December 3, 2012

Pros: "Sporty, Great MPG, drives and looks great"

Cons: "MAYBE the transmission can be a little smoother"

"I absolutely love my 2010 Avenger R/T 2.4l! I used to drive a 01 Durango 4.7 and the transition to this car is very different but in a great way! The gas mileage is great, it looks and drives great and it is just very sporty for a 4 door sedan! Dodge did a great job! People need to take it from the owners, its a great car!"

Good gas mileage, fun to drive

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Good vehicle"

Cons: "Replacement parts expensive"

"Bought vehicle 2009 from enterprise rental with 43000 miles. Changed oil every 3000miles. Never has failed to start, got 31 mpg on trips to Indiana (600 miles each way). Handles different road conditions very well."

Great vehicle! Very reliable!

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, appearance"

Cons: "Price"

"Most surprising thing about this vehicle is the great gas mileage. At 95,000 miles, I average almost 30mpg on the highway, and that's with the V6 3.5L. It still drives as if it's brand new."

I love my car <3

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "easy to drive, love the cup cooler/warmer"

Cons: "should be 2 cup cooler/warmers, not just one,"

"This car is comfortable to be in and a smooth ride. It has a few little quirks, but overall, I love it. One thing I don't like is the trunk design. When you open up the trunk, the water (from rain) will flow into the trunk space if you go to quickly."

Excellent car!!

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "noisy steering"

"Bought used with 40,000 miles. I commute 100 miles a day and this car has been great (over 93,000). No mechanical issues at all. The confort is incredible and I really love the MP3 system; I've downloaded 300 songs !!. The CD player is a little tempermental though."

This is my second one!

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "heated seats, 6 speakers, sporty"

Cons: "None."

"I had a used 2008 with 11k miles. Had it for two years, it was just great in every way! Replaced it with a new 2010 Express model! Even better, everything was upgraded on the inside. I'm soon to get a new 2012 model.."