2010 Dodge Avenger

7.9

Based on 399 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

This car is an "Average Joe"

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"We have owned our '08 Avenger for about a year now. I am sad to report that we have been dissapointed with the car. In the looks department it is a 10. The features on our SXT 4-Cyl are a good value for the price and it is very economical. Mechanically, it has been reliable so far (except for the 3 recalls!) I am extremely disspointed in the huge depreciation on this model. In nearly one year, we have lost 50% of the value paid (and we bought with an employee pricing plan). I would expect that kind of depreciation after 2-3 years with an American model. I think flooding the rental market with these cars did not help. My largest complaint with the car is the general lack of quality. Interior is a snap-together design and it is very noisy and rattles on our Oregon highways. The drivers seat has an annoying squeak. All of these items have been checked by the dealers several times (at least 8 trips to service) and no trouble is ever found. Our other major complaint is this thing is noisy! We took it on a 2000 mi road trip and every day our ears were ringing with road noise at the end of the day. We had such a good experience with our PT cruiser (80k miles when sold), we decided to take a chance with this car and regret it. It is unfortunate because we really want to support companies that are based in the U.S. but with the lack of engineering and quality in this model, it makes purchasing difficult."

Outstanding Car!

By on Thursday, June 05, 2008

"I have only owned my Avenger SXT for about a month. I owned a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 for 7 years, and with the gas prices, decided to downsize (plus, my teenage children couldn't fit in the backseat any longer). I shopped for this car for about a year and couldn't be more pleased. The only drawback is a major blind spot just aft of the passenger window. It's fully loaded (minus the MyGig), with the 2.7L V-6. Stickered at $25,2K, got it for $22,6K. For the price and gas mileage, you can't beat it. My oldest child loves driving it. Thank you Dodge for making a real "looker" of a car! Can't wait to take it on a long trip."

I LOVE IT!!!

By on Saturday, May 31, 2008

"I have one complaint about my car. The silver around the gear shift is blinding when the sun hits it. I wish it were black instead. Other than that everything else about the car is great. I shopped around a lot before I bought this car. It is definitely the best car for the money. None of the other cars in this price range had the interior room that this car has. I plan to drive it for a very long time. Thanks Dodge!"

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008