2010 Dodge Avenger

7.9

Based on 392 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Exceptional value for a great car!

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Great value, mpg's, trunk space, leg room."

Cons: "Chrome trim reflects into eyes sometimes"

"I have had my 2010 Dodge Avenger R/T for almost 4 years now and I have not had one single thing go wrong! Nothing! This car has truly been the best new car that I have ever owned! It's fast, handles well and good MPG for a HO 6 cylinder. I might be an exception, but I gave it all 10's!"

Love the avenger

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Love the sporty look outside and roominess inside"

Cons: "20 mpg ok but not great"

"I love the avenger. I have found that there is not a lot of storage inside the car. Once you get used to that it is a great car to drive. There are blind spots from the back window to the trunk but as with any car you have to get used to it. There are no bells and whistles but to find a car that looks sporty in this price range I think it is perfect. I would recommend purchasing some Hockey Stick graphics for a more sporty look. I plan to keep this car 8 to 10 years."

R/T Avenger - Decent

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"I own the R/T edition of this car and I have mixed feelings about it only because I wanted an SUV to begin with but I really liked the sporty car look. So I bought it. Pros: Great acceleration (ONLY IN THE R/T STYLE) Timeless look Cons: Not very comfortable seat. Mesh interior makes it hard to clean in cloth. Small trunk space"

Worst Car Ever.

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Stylish Exterior."

Cons: "Unbearable comfort, stalls often, lights dont work"

"I've been driving this car for about a year, and it has been in our family since buying it new in 2008. This car has been an absolute nightmare. Front brakes wear out incredibly fast and need replaced every 20,000 miles, lights have shorted out while driving a few times (no bad fuse or anything...but all lights inside and out just go dead), car stalls at nearly every stop sign and red light. It is incredibly uncomfortable to drive for your feet, knees, and everything else. I simply cannot wait until spring comes so I can fix my 1998 Neon that has been dead in the street for a year. THAT car was MUCH more comfortable and reliable to drive than this...and it's a 16 year old Neon!!"

Its no bently.

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "smooth. Handles winter surprisingly well."

Cons: "soooo small. No power seats."

"If you want something simple and easy to handle on the road this is your car. However if you prefer more room and a little speed in your life id keep shopping. Everyone looks at you as though your ready to race in this vehicle because of its design but truth be told you cant outrun a snail in this thing. For me its cute girly and easy to park."

I love my car!!!

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "All great!"

Cons: "Not a darned bad thing to say about my car!!"

"I paid $1500 for an "extra" package; spoiler, compass, etc. Has a built in chill box over the glove box hold 4 soda cans and keeps them cool, if they are cold when you put them in. I also have remote auto-start which is great for cold or hot days. I start my car from my condo and it will run for 15 minutes before it shuts off. I usually start it about 6-7 minutes before I go down. It really helps in 100+ degree weather as well as the few times it drops to 40 degrees in S Florida. I can also open the front windows remotely. This is nice to have on beautiful days, just air the car out before getting in. The car does NOT have to be started to open the windows. It drives nicely. Good gas milage. Good acceleration pick up. Love the 6 disc CD player."

Worst car I ever owned!

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Great price, nice radio"

Cons: "Everything else"

"I've never had a car with more problems! The brakes squeal and squeak all the time, even after I've had them changed numerous times! The ride is not comfortable, you feel every bump on the road. It has little power and no acceleration! Both of my thermostats went out rather quickly. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone!"

Trouble Free Avenger

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage-trouble free"

Cons: "Have to put drivers seat quite a ways back for com"

"Not one problem-just had front pads replaced. Nice ride good gas mileage (4 cyl). 30MPG in summer drops to 27 MPG in winter.Excellent in snow with traction control and stability control. Very happy with car."

Good basic transportation, utterly reliable.

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "Utterly reliable, economical, great heater"

Cons: "Visibiliity out rear passenger side window"

"At 97,000 miles my Avenger has been a champ. Only work done other than regular service is brakes (pads at about 40 and 80,000 miles, front disks at 80,000), windshield wipers, and tires. Upper 20's to low 30's MPG in summer, enough power with the 4 cylinder to keep up on the road, great sound system with Sirius, great heater and air, and it started last weekend after sitting out all night at -28 F in Bemidji MN. No rust yet. When I bought it there was a lifetime warranty that I've never had to use. No rattles yet. The only thing bad I have to say is that the rear fender "humps" tend to restrict visibility out the passenger side rear window for backing out of parking spots etc. If I needed another car today, I'd buy another one in an instant."

Really Good Car

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "Great price, full of features, sporty"

Cons: "Ok gas mileage, Bluetooth isn't standard"

My car... and some snow

"This was my second car. I got it for a really good price too! It was used with 31,000 miles and I bought this car Certified Used. It only cost 12 thousand. I was shocked since it was loaded with a lot of equipment. I have the SXT trim level. It has the 2.4 4- Cylinder 6 speed autostick transmission. It has nice features such as satellite radio, CD, Aux jack. Mine did not come with bluetooth or usb connectivity unfortunately. My favorite part is the driver information system that tells you almost anything with the car. The car drives a lot like a sedan. Its not really fast but its certainly fast enough. Its got a really quiet cabin and smooth ride quality. This makes it particularly great for road trips. Another thing I love about the redesign Dodge did to the Avenger in 2011 is adding the LED tail lights. This gives to car a sportier feel and more expensive looking than it actually is. I will probably have this car for a long time and right now I see it being very reliable in the long run."

My car... and some snow

not the best car for the price

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "good look"

Cons: "6 speed a/t has bugs/ bad idle when cold"

"not the best car in the winter also car does not have any pull out locations for pulling it out if u get stuck. this avenger not the best on gas. has a few minor flaws with the 6 speed a/t that dodge still work on with has firm shift but loss it self on down shifts or holds gears to short or long. plus has a bad idle during cold wet nights."

I love my Avenger

By on Friday, December 06, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, fun to drive, convenient, Heated Seat"

Cons: "Trunk lid collects water"

"It is very comfortable, fun to drive and I love the heated seats! Back seat has more room then most."

unhappy w/ dodge

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Cons: "small trunk"

"I've had my car for 8months, hate that the trunk leaks, windshield sounds like a teapot brewing when drivers window is down half way, had to get the hood and trunk repainted three times due to paint bubbles, head lights were not put in properly had to get them fixed, paid extra for "Chrome Package" then to find out it's all plastic. when driving the hubcaps rattle and people stare, dealership has never contacted me about how I liked this car. Trying now to get rid of it. Fed up and beyond with Dodge!!!!"

Loud on Certain days!

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Looks ok"

Cons: "Loud, loud, loud"

"I'm not the only Avenger owner that thinks their car sounds like a lawn mower, but only on certain days! Hate It!"

wonderful car

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

"i love this car it has great driving smooth and easy to handle blind spots are minimal. i do wish that i had the 6 speed.it has a long nose but i hardly notice it when i am driving :)"

LOVE MY CAR.....

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "GREAT CAR FOR THE PRICE...."

Cons: "NONE!!!!!"

"THIS CAR IS AMAZING. HAS IT ALL. SO FAST. LIKE DRIVIVG A HEMI. IF YOU BUY AN AVENGER BUY THE R/T ITS WORTH IT!!!"

Worst new car

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful mineral gray"

Cons: "Over heated with less than 30 miles on it"

"I bought the car with 20 miles on it, and it over heather with 30 miles on it. Then the air quit working with 100 miles on it, then turn signals went out two weeks after I got it. The dealership kept my car for 1 week after signing papers."

I am my own worst enemy

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "It looks nice."

Cons: "Looks aren't everything."

"Perhaps buying this car at a dealer that was not Dodge was not bright, but I had no idea that the trunk would leak and that this is a recurring problem from YEARS back through other posts I've seen. Neither Dodge nor the dealer I purchased from were willing to be helpful in the matter. I bought the car as it was bigger than the one I had, space is vital to me while remaining in something less than an SUV, and I am used to working on Dodge vehicles, hence my interest in it. The interior is nothing to rave about in the least, the stability gets shaky while driving average highway speeds, the center console slides out in a manner that blocks the parking brake, the trunk leaking REALLY irritates me as I typically have work equipment in the car on a normal basis that should not get wet, and the check oil reminder goes off whether the oil was just changed or not. I'm also not thrilled with the 'plastic' side mirrors that can not be pulled in to avoid damage, especially with the amount of city driving/parking I do. I'm not even interested in dumping any money into this car to boost my interest level. I've had this car for around 5 months and at this point am trying to pay down enough to make it slightly worth a trade in on something else that will fit my life/work style. I did buy this car from a non-Dodge dealer, so it was not certified and it was a used car purchase, so perhaps some of the blame lies on previous ownership and certainly myself for not picking every detail before getting this car, but at this point, I do dearly miss my 2001 (totaled or I'd still have it) Dodge and will not purchase another made after that year."

Great US made car & value!

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Cool looks, quiet, top safety pick, US made."

Cons: "Has a blind spot but can get used to it."

"I traded an Altima for a 2013 Avenger SE. I opted for chrome clad 18" wheels which look super cool. I choose the car for the value, the IIHS Top Safety Pick, and that it is one of the Top 5 Most American Cars, built in Sterling Heights MI. The reviews are way off. Go drive one, look at the competition, look at the cost, and know it supports US workers. This car is great. No problems and my local dealership has been great. It drives great and is safe. My only complaint is there is a blind spot. If you have a few more dollars, go for the Chrysler 200. It is a twin and has a lot less blind spot. My wife has a 2012 200S and it is awesome."

Great Car and a Great Deal

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "Looks, ride, price, gas mileage, handling."

Cons: "Folding mirrors and 6sp. tranny are not standard"

"We bought this car for my wife, we both like it very much. It is so good looking, the ride and handling is fantastic,gas mileage is great (22 city/31 highway), plenty of power with the 2.4L,but the 6sp. tranny should be standard. I bought this when the incentive was $3500 and the dealer gave me another $500 off the dealers list."

great vehicle for price

By on Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pros: "comfort and gas mileage"

Cons: "dipstick does not accuratley display level."

"Purchased this vehicle mainly because of price and reviews. Great gas mileage, on highway trips I averaged 34 mpg. Have the 2.4 ltr 4cyl. engine. Overall a great value for the price."

Too many problems

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "Too many issues"

"We have a 2010, worst car I ever owned. We have had SOOO many problems, very unreliable. Trunk leaks after rains, but they don't see a problem. Break issues from day one and constantly having to replace brakes and rotors. Ball bearing issue, rack and pinion, transmission leak. The list goes on and on. When were not having an issue with the car is does drive nice, but it spends more time at the dealership...definitely a lemon!"

Too many problems

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "Too many issues"

AVENGER R/T & V/6 WITH 412 GEARS=0 to 60 in 6 SEC

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "EXCEL V/6,EXCEL INTERIOR"

Cons: "SLIGHT TORQUE STEER DURING HARD ACCELERATION"

"I OWN A 2012 DODGE AVENGER R/T 3.6 V6.CAR WEIGHTS 3600 LBS.GEARS ARE 4.12s AND IS 6 SPEED AUTO.THE COMBINATION OF 4.12 GEARS AND 283 HP MAKE THIS CAR A SOLID 6 SECOND MACHINE GOING FROM 0 TO 60 MPH.ENTERIOR QUALITY ON THE R/T IS EXCELLENT.SUSPENSION ON THE R/T HAS BEEN GREATLY IMPROVED IN 2011 THUS THE LABEL R/T.CORNERING IS FANTASTIC DOUBLE INSULATION PREVENTS ROAD NOISE.TRANSMISSION SHIFTS AT 6000 RPM.DODGE HASNT ADVERTISED THE R/T.THE PUBLIC DOESNT KNOW ABOUT THE R/T. IF THEY WOULD ADVERTISE THIS R/T,MORE PEOPLE WOULD BY IT!!"

AVENGER R/T & V/6 WITH 412 GEARS=0 to 60 in 6 SEC

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "EXCEL V/6,EXCEL INTERIOR"

Cons: "SLIGHT TORQUE STEER DURING HARD ACCELERATION"