2010 Dodge Avenger

8.0

Based on 414 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Power, fun to drive, and great gas mileage"

Cons: "Needs more cup holders in the back"

"Awesome car very powerful and very comfortable car to drive, Love the touchscreen radio and the sirius satellite, also love the gas mileage."

great car, good milage solid comfortable ride.

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "carpet could be more resilent"

"My only complaint would be the carpet (premature ware.)"

awesome handling and smooth ride

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "good gas milage and plenty of power"

Cons: "tires were hard to find..not many choices"

Wyoming - Ten Sleep

"Would buy another one in a heart beat."

Wyoming - Ten Sleep

A good overall car

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

"I've had this car for 4 years now. I've had a few mechanical issues but overall it's a comfortable, reliable car. I enjoy driving it."

terrific car! for mom or for teenager

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "handle, looks, fuel mileage, cost,"

Cons: "I have yet to find a con for this car. Luv my car"

"I love my car. I had always drove a truck and decided I wanted to have a more fuel efficient vehicle so I took the plundge. It handles with great ease, it has a large trunk, plenty of leg room, several different seat adjustments to accomadate different drivers, and even has a little mini cooler built in. I can go on and on about this car as you can tell. Mine has the 4 cycl. but don't let that fool you, it has plenty of take off power and kick down at higher speed for passing . My daughter is 15 and has already claimed it when she gets her licience, so you know it has style . well looks like I will be looking for another one in about a year...."

Great, reliable car no matter how much abuse.

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "Over priced as all new cars are."

"I bought this car brand new in 2008. I now have 121000 miles on it and it is still running strong. I have missed many oil changes and abused her pretty good. But she is being very good to me. I haven't had any major problems other than the standard maintenance. (Brakes, oil change, timing belt, water pump)"

Drives as good as it looks!

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

"I am a loyal Chrysler/Dodge customer and the 2009 Dodge Avenger was my first new car purchase. I couldn't be happier! My only complaint is that I don't get even better mileage, but even with at least half in-town driving I still average 27-28 MPG. It looks great and 2.5 years into my loan I still don't mind making my car payment each month. Why drive something without personality? This is a car with spunk!"

08 terrible my '11 awesome

By on Wednesday, July 06, 2011

"My o8 sxt is a piece of junk. The transmission blew at 15000 and the breaks went bad at 11000. A coil just went at 20000. it is very stiff to drive as it bounces side to side and the 2.7 is a dog. My 2011 on the other hand is a sweet car which drives like a luxury car. this heat model with the 3.6 has great power and the stereo sounds great. dont buy any avenger unless it is the 2011 model with the 3.6."

Fantastic daily driver

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"I am a college student who commutes 25 miles one way to school and this car is fabulous. I own the R/T with the 3.5L and it is peppy and quick, but city fuel economy is abysmal. Since I'm on the highway most of the time, this wasn't a big deal. Currently I am getting 31mpg and I am very pleased with this. The car has had no major issues, except for a rusting hood which was replaced by Chrysler under warranty (this is a common problem on 08s). The uConnect phone and Boston audio are amazing, the best stock system I have ever heard. Seats are somewhat comfortable. The car itself is very quite, even on the highway. Handles ok in the snow. Overall, I love this car and would recommend it to anyone."

Life Saver

By on Sunday, March 20, 2011

"I was in a high speed collision about 3 weeks ago. A lady pulled out in front of me. I was going about 60 mph and t-boned her. This car saved my life. I walked away with a few bruises and that's it. I loved this car very much. She's totalled now, but she definantly took care of me. I'd definantly recommend this car. It's safe, reliable, and has a decent gas milage. High Five, Dodge."

Cheaper sporty car

By on Monday, June 07, 2010

"has great acceleration when passing. handles and rides very smooth. very pleased with the purchase and plan to keep for 5-6 more years"

Good but not Great

By on Friday, April 09, 2010

"Good vehicle, I do like it. But its missing the basics, like reading lights. There are some very large blind spots as well and I do not get the gas mileage that I was expecting. But the handling and comfort are great as well as the power of the V6."

Very Happy

By on Wednesday, October 07, 2009

"I bought this car about six months ago after getting in a accident with my mustang a totaling the car. I knew I couldn't buy another sports car but wanted something with some power and still have fun driving. When I first saw the Avendger I thought it looked like a mini charger; which I loved. The car is comfortable to drive with penlty of rooms for everyone. I love having the navigation and other special features. This car I call Gismo because it has everything and more than I wanted."

Economical yet stylish

By on Monday, August 03, 2009

"I bought the car brand new and so far, I have loved driving it. It handles quite well, I have been getting 25-27mpg city driving and it is very comfortable to sit in. It has plenty of space(head/leg room) for my taller friends. It has a pretty big trunk with fold down seats for those long items you have to haul (I can get two bikes in with the seats down). All in all, I love the car...great buy!"

Good starter car

By on Saturday, June 06, 2009

"Bought as a car for my daughter, SE w/ 2.4L 4 cyl. Has the power she needs.(Not enough for me). Runs good, travels well(34mpg between Denver and Las Vegas NV) the depreciation doesn't bother me because she will buy her next car. Put 18 inch tires and wheels on it, and it rides better. All things said, a good car for the deal I got, $13,000 in March 08. Never had serious problem with it. P.S. Daughter loves it."

Looks can be deceiving

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2009

"Love the looks but lacking in comfort and ride. Front seats should be 1" wider for comfort, noisy on rough roads, Excellent AWD in snow and ice. Problems with Oil loss 1qt/3000 miles? Seal in rear end @ 5000 mi, rear struts and very disappointed in Chrome Clad 19" wheels corroding around tire edge. Chrysler will replace only one time."

Surprised me

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"(I got an unbelievable deal so I will tell you that if i paid closer to the kbb value, that each of my stars would probably go down a star) Before this week, I didn't know what an Avenger was. I was looking for an Altima, or Fusion. The name Avenger sounded cheesy, so when I heard the name I didn't really care for it. But then the sales guy told me they needed to get rid of these 2008s to make room for the 2009's... 15,995 with Nav, Uconnect, Sirius, leather interior, R/T, and a lifetime powertrain/engine warranty. I sat in it, drove it and I realized I found car that i hardly see on the road, but i felt was beautiful and fun. That made me feel good because I hate driving the common car on the road. The V6 had accelerated pretty well and the ride was overall very smooth. Lots of head room for me and people behind me said it was spacious. MY wife loves it, I can't stop playing with the toys. Again, my deal was extremely good, so I don't know how valid this review is. Just know that i'm excited and can't wait to drive home."

love this car

By on Thursday, January 01, 2009

"this car is a sleeper it has the power to stay with the best sounds great with the factory ext system so any of you motor heads want a car that will mess with peoples heads this is it handles proformence and the ride is greatin all weather and when you get home it a good family car with plenty of room an comfort A+++ dodge"

Too many trips to the service department

By on Saturday, November 08, 2008

"When I first got by R/T AWD I loved it mostly for the looks of it. Then after many trips to the service department during the first year (at least once a month) the good looks could no longer make me love this car. It all started with the Chrome wheels or should I say fake chrome wheels...they started to peel and two bent causing my tires to lose air, the many recalls (4), transmission problems, problems with the windows (3 times), struts, strut mounts, the steering wheel had to be replaced, and brakes. After all of this I wanted to trade, but it's not worth hardly anything now so I'm stuck paying for a car that I hate. Do yourself a favor and buy another car that is better made, will keep its value and is not just good to look at."

Not a bad car overall

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"I was forced to get a new car after my old one died. As luck would have it I stumbled on a used ’08 Avenger SXT with a sunroof and other added features. The car had 7,000 miles on it when I purchased it and is now up to about 12,000. Got a great deal on it – always buy used if you can. So far the vehicle itself has run well and I am happy with the purchase. I have received MANY compliments on it and enjoy driving it around town. To potential buyers I would say this: There are blind spots in this vehicle! If you have trouble turning your neck - beware. Because of the high sides on the body and the way the headrests are positioned you can lose entire cars on the side of you (and yes, I have adjusted the mirrors). Once you adjust to driving the vehicle – it is not a problem. I love the seat warmers, auto start, and fog lights. All great additions to the basic package. I would also agree with the comment about the trim in the vehicle. Although the “chrome” is a nice touch – it is awful when the sun hits it. I found a solution to this by driving with my right arm on the steering wheel thus blocking the reflection. They have done a good job recalling potential issues and identifying what models they apply to. Car cleans up easily and fabric seems to be holding up well. Love the 60/40 split seat and fold down passenger seat. Fit a 12’ piece of shelving in there with no problems. Gas mileage isn’t bad …. Getting about 22-25 miles per gallon (depends on your driving style) Overall a great AMERICAN car for the sticker price."

great buy

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"only had one problem with the car psi sensor shorted out easy fix. I had a ram with a hemi in it so it feels a little under powered but that could be just me other then that the car is one of the best"

Awesome Vehicle

By on Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Have the R/T loaded minus AWD and traction control. No problems, just one recall for a clip on the locking mechanism for the doors. Took on a road trip in the summer, got better than advertised gas mileage."

Mini-Charger

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"I cloned mine out (R/T - HEMI - Spoiler - Graphics - Wheels) and boy do I get the looks! Looks Hot! Nobody knows it's only a four cylinder!! Great gas mileage - 21 City - 30 Hwy."

A few glitches

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"I bought my Avenger last march. I get fairly good milage (for city traffic). A few minor electronic glitches, however... I have a super sensative "check engine" light that has brought me back to the dealership a few times, and my "brake" alert light activates whenever I am on a forward incline. The leather interior still looks great."

Best Vehicle In Years

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"Having driven this vehicle for only 2 months, I may have over rated it, but for handling, performance, dependability, and overall quality, it has exceeded my expectations."