2009 Dodge Avenger

8.0

Based on 432 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Not a bad car overall

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"I was forced to get a new car after my old one died. As luck would have it I stumbled on a used ’08 Avenger SXT with a sunroof and other added features. The car had 7,000 miles on it when I purchased it and is now up to about 12,000. Got a great deal on it – always buy used if you can. So far the vehicle itself has run well and I am happy with the purchase. I have received MANY compliments on it and enjoy driving it around town. To potential buyers I would say this: There are blind spots in this vehicle! If you have trouble turning your neck - beware. Because of the high sides on the body and the way the headrests are positioned you can lose entire cars on the side of you (and yes, I have adjusted the mirrors). Once you adjust to driving the vehicle – it is not a problem. I love the seat warmers, auto start, and fog lights. All great additions to the basic package. I would also agree with the comment about the trim in the vehicle. Although the “chrome” is a nice touch – it is awful when the sun hits it. I found a solution to this by driving with my right arm on the steering wheel thus blocking the reflection. They have done a good job recalling potential issues and identifying what models they apply to. Car cleans up easily and fabric seems to be holding up well. Love the 60/40 split seat and fold down passenger seat. Fit a 12’ piece of shelving in there with no problems. Gas mileage isn’t bad …. Getting about 22-25 miles per gallon (depends on your driving style) Overall a great AMERICAN car for the sticker price."

great buy

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"only had one problem with the car psi sensor shorted out easy fix. I had a ram with a hemi in it so it feels a little under powered but that could be just me other then that the car is one of the best"

Awesome Vehicle

By on Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Have the R/T loaded minus AWD and traction control. No problems, just one recall for a clip on the locking mechanism for the doors. Took on a road trip in the summer, got better than advertised gas mileage."

Mini-Charger

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"I cloned mine out (R/T - HEMI - Spoiler - Graphics - Wheels) and boy do I get the looks! Looks Hot! Nobody knows it's only a four cylinder!! Great gas mileage - 21 City - 30 Hwy."

A few glitches

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"I bought my Avenger last march. I get fairly good milage (for city traffic). A few minor electronic glitches, however... I have a super sensative "check engine" light that has brought me back to the dealership a few times, and my "brake" alert light activates whenever I am on a forward incline. The leather interior still looks great."