2009 Dodge Avenger

8.0

Based on 428 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

great buy

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"only had one problem with the car psi sensor shorted out easy fix. I had a ram with a hemi in it so it feels a little under powered but that could be just me other then that the car is one of the best"

Awesome Vehicle

By on Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Have the R/T loaded minus AWD and traction control. No problems, just one recall for a clip on the locking mechanism for the doors. Took on a road trip in the summer, got better than advertised gas mileage."

Mini-Charger

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"I cloned mine out (R/T - HEMI - Spoiler - Graphics - Wheels) and boy do I get the looks! Looks Hot! Nobody knows it's only a four cylinder!! Great gas mileage - 21 City - 30 Hwy."

A few glitches

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"I bought my Avenger last march. I get fairly good milage (for city traffic). A few minor electronic glitches, however... I have a super sensative "check engine" light that has brought me back to the dealership a few times, and my "brake" alert light activates whenever I am on a forward incline. The leather interior still looks great."

Best Vehicle In Years

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"Having driven this vehicle for only 2 months, I may have over rated it, but for handling, performance, dependability, and overall quality, it has exceeded my expectations."

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"I purchased an Avenger sxt like 2 months ago, I love it, looks "mean," it's a head turner! There are so many things I like about the Avenger, the handling is great, the power is great for the size of the engine. I love the seats and the interior. GREAT CAR! The only thing I dislike is the wheels slip a little when you really get on it!"

Very reliable and stylish

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, attractive"

Cons: "Needs larher tires, some small interrior convenien"

"The car has never been in the shop! Good gas mileage. Looks sharp and almost a muscle car."

Loud on Certain days!

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Looks ok"

Cons: "Loud, loud, loud"

"I'm not the only Avenger owner that thinks their car sounds like a lawn mower, but only on certain days! Hate It!"

wonderful car

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

"i love this car it has great driving smooth and easy to handle blind spots are minimal. i do wish that i had the 6 speed.it has a long nose but i hardly notice it when i am driving :)"

I am my own worst enemy

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "It looks nice."

Cons: "Looks aren't everything."

"Perhaps buying this car at a dealer that was not Dodge was not bright, but I had no idea that the trunk would leak and that this is a recurring problem from YEARS back through other posts I've seen. Neither Dodge nor the dealer I purchased from were willing to be helpful in the matter. I bought the car as it was bigger than the one I had, space is vital to me while remaining in something less than an SUV, and I am used to working on Dodge vehicles, hence my interest in it. The interior is nothing to rave about in the least, the stability gets shaky while driving average highway speeds, the center console slides out in a manner that blocks the parking brake, the trunk leaking REALLY irritates me as I typically have work equipment in the car on a normal basis that should not get wet, and the check oil reminder goes off whether the oil was just changed or not. I'm also not thrilled with the 'plastic' side mirrors that can not be pulled in to avoid damage, especially with the amount of city driving/parking I do. I'm not even interested in dumping any money into this car to boost my interest level. I've had this car for around 5 months and at this point am trying to pay down enough to make it slightly worth a trade in on something else that will fit my life/work style. I did buy this car from a non-Dodge dealer, so it was not certified and it was a used car purchase, so perhaps some of the blame lies on previous ownership and certainly myself for not picking every detail before getting this car, but at this point, I do dearly miss my 2001 (totaled or I'd still have it) Dodge and will not purchase another made after that year."