2009 Dodge Avenger

8.0

Based on 427 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

I absolutely love this car!!!

By on Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and perfect for small families."

Cons: "No real manual transmission available."

"I am a single mom and this car is the perfect fit for my daughter and I. I get my horsepower and sporty look while still being able to function to the needs of being a mom. I drove a fully loaded Titan before buying my Avenger and I must say this car has more driver-felt power then the Titan had. I have more fun with this car than any other vehicle I've ever owned. The affordability is also a plus. I have an SXT Plus model which I find to be a better alternative. The R/T is cool but I can have the SXT Plus which is basically the same car for less the price simply because there are no R/T badges all over the place. I love my car and find it to be more than perfect! I personally cannot wait to buy a few items that will increase my horsepower and allow me to be more competitive with other cars like mine."

Life Saver

By on Sunday, March 20, 2011

"I was in a high speed collision about 3 weeks ago. A lady pulled out in front of me. I was going about 60 mph and t-boned her. This car saved my life. I walked away with a few bruises and that's it. I loved this car very much. She's totalled now, but she definantly took care of me. I'd definantly recommend this car. It's safe, reliable, and has a decent gas milage. High Five, Dodge."

150000 miles no problems

By on Monday, January 11, 2016

"Good gas milage for a fairly big car 33 MPG on long trips plus live time gurantee wish Dodge would do that again but will keep this 1 for a while been a great car"

I love this car!

By on Monday, December 21, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No touch screen radio"

Love my window tint

"I bought this car brand new, I've been in love the entire time. The color is blackberry pearl, it's beautiful. It's an SE with the V6 3.6 liter Pentastar engine. It'll easily go from 0 to 60 in about 6 seconds. It has a smooth ride, does well in the snow. I get the oil changed as per manufacturer , every 6,000 miles. I love the UCONNECT Bluetooth features, it's a great safety feature. I wish they didn't discontinue this car, I'd buy another one. It has 18 inch alloy wheels, the tires are more expensive for this size but, I love the look. It has a spoiler on the trunk which completes the look. My car is awesome. I was commuting 25 miles each way to work for the first 2 1/2 years, this car is very comfortable and has a smooth ride, it's very good for trips, I go to the shore often in the summer."

Love my window tint

great car, good milage solid comfortable ride.

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "carpet could be more resilent"

"My only complaint would be the carpet (premature ware.)"

awesome handling and smooth ride

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "good gas milage and plenty of power"

Cons: "tires were hard to find..not many choices"

Wyoming - Ten Sleep

"Would buy another one in a heart beat."

Wyoming - Ten Sleep

A good overall car

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

"I've had this car for 4 years now. I've had a few mechanical issues but overall it's a comfortable, reliable car. I enjoy driving it."

terrific car! for mom or for teenager

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "handle, looks, fuel mileage, cost,"

Cons: "I have yet to find a con for this car. Luv my car"

"I love my car. I had always drove a truck and decided I wanted to have a more fuel efficient vehicle so I took the plundge. It handles with great ease, it has a large trunk, plenty of leg room, several different seat adjustments to accomadate different drivers, and even has a little mini cooler built in. I can go on and on about this car as you can tell. Mine has the 4 cycl. but don't let that fool you, it has plenty of take off power and kick down at higher speed for passing . My daughter is 15 and has already claimed it when she gets her licience, so you know it has style . well looks like I will be looking for another one in about a year...."

08 terrible my '11 awesome

By on Wednesday, July 06, 2011

"My o8 sxt is a piece of junk. The transmission blew at 15000 and the breaks went bad at 11000. A coil just went at 20000. it is very stiff to drive as it bounces side to side and the 2.7 is a dog. My 2011 on the other hand is a sweet car which drives like a luxury car. this heat model with the 3.6 has great power and the stereo sounds great. dont buy any avenger unless it is the 2011 model with the 3.6."

Fantastic daily driver

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"I am a college student who commutes 25 miles one way to school and this car is fabulous. I own the R/T with the 3.5L and it is peppy and quick, but city fuel economy is abysmal. Since I'm on the highway most of the time, this wasn't a big deal. Currently I am getting 31mpg and I am very pleased with this. The car has had no major issues, except for a rusting hood which was replaced by Chrysler under warranty (this is a common problem on 08s). The uConnect phone and Boston audio are amazing, the best stock system I have ever heard. Seats are somewhat comfortable. The car itself is very quite, even on the highway. Handles ok in the snow. Overall, I love this car and would recommend it to anyone."