2009 Dodge Avenger

7.9

Based on 383 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Worst car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "terrible manufacturing"

"I purchased this vehicle used in 2010 and have since replaced the alternator and the brakes (3 times). Now the check enging and electronic throttle control lights are on. This is the noisest car I've ever owned. Even with new brakes/rotators there is brake noise and dust. Steering column makes a screeking noise, have yet to find the problem. I used to think it was the dealer selling me a bad used vehicle but further research has led me to believe it's just this car. I would definitely warn you against purchasing."

So far I'm in love!!!!

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

Pros: "looks, mpg, roomy, love the way it drives/sounds"

Cons: "blind spots"

"I bought this car practically brand new. Was not even looking at the Dodge family but it was too good to pass up. It drives great even though it doesn't have the power of my old car. Up hill can sometimes be a little slower then normal but its nothing that bothers me. It doesn't accelerate as fast as I had thought it would but again its fast enough that I don't feel like I'm going to get run off the interstate before I reach speed limit. This car is not made to accelerate quickly from a dead stop but once it gains speed it is very powerful. Idle speed is great. The ride is very smooth and if you give it gas it sounds powerful. Gas mileage is great! I get 22 mpg in the city. I did notice that if you constantly push the car past 3rpm in the city then you are going to get waaaay less then 22 mpg. So I've definitely started driving easier and less angier. There are some nasty blind spots but positioning your mirrors to where you can barely see the handles of the door take care of that for the most part. I had a friend walk certain areas behind me while I was parked to get a feel for the blind spots, they actually weren't as bad as I thought. I have to agree that the cup holders are a bit tight. But my favorite feature is the radio buttons on the back of the steering wheel, literally putting the radio controls at your fingertips. The car has climate control as well, so I can set it at a certain temperature and it will adjust to maintain that temperature. Its a great family car that still has an edgy, sleek look with lots of room."

outstanding car

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "great mileage / power.4 dr convenience and comfort"

Cons: "blind spots"

"A great car for the money and then some!No problems at all.Mileage is better than advertised.Comfortable and rides great.I love it and will wait for the new one in a year or so."

my first new car ever and it is awesome!

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "styling,quailty of interior and great ride"

Cons: "trunk opening a bit small"

"I chose this car because I love the Dodge brand, and it was a cheaper choice for me over the Charger. I have the V6 SE with the spoiler and 18 rims. I find it to be very fun to drive and can't wait to get behind the wheel everyday. It has a great exterior design that I feel is very cool compared to other brands. The interior is equally as nice . I love the "stitching" in the dash and doors. It looks like a high end car. Its a great buy for the money. It has lots of power and brakes well. It shifts smoothly and glides over the road. Being that I have always bought used , I'm very impressed on my first new car. Plan on keeping it as long as it running."

i love it

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "tires not great but i bought better ones"

"i love this car, i come from a ford family and i got the car used from the ford lot but i wouldnt trade it for anything"

The best bang for the buck you can buy!

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "283 hp ready to please, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Torque over steering, but it makes it interesting."

"While looking for an affordable mid size sedan on the market and a fixed budget I wanted something good on gas but with an attitude. Neither of the imports can match the features and the price of the avenger. My testosterone levels are please with the looks and power of the car, plus my tamed family man are also in harmony."

Awesome car ..... great to drive

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "It's quick, it looks good, it's comfortable and it"

Cons: "Past reputation of Chrysler..."

"I drove many cars while deciding if I wanted to move to a smaller sedan. I thought I was going to get into a Charger on possibly a 300. I drove the SXT with the V6..... WOW. This car is so fun to drive. It has a great look compared to other cars in it's class and gets better gas millage than it's bigger siblings. I have had it 5 day now and really enjoy the look, feel and handling of it. I got it with cold weather and sun and sound options and couldn't be happier."

Most for the money

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "V6 w/283hp, great looking car, nice interior too"

Cons: "none found yet"

"Purchased 2013 Avenger this week and this car is by far the best value for the money - Ford and GM don't even have a car in this class with this kind of power (283hp)! Great value for the money and it is a nice sporty vehicle the kids are proud to drive as well. Great job on design and price! With incentives at $3,000 right now and the best V6 on the market it was a deal I couldn't pass up! Looking forward to having this car for years, looks great and moves fast for under $20K!"

Don't listen to the experts - This is a great car!

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

Pros: "Engine, interior, handling"

Cons: "torque steer, Goodyear LS tires."

"It's unfortunate that due to Chrysler's reputation of poor quality and cheap interiors that this car gets overlooked. In my opinion it is the best value in the midsize market, and it happens to be the best looking as well. I test drove the Altima, Optima and Malibu but opted for the Dodge Avenger SE with the 3.6L V6. The car handles great and has loads of power with the V6. (much faster than anything else I test drove) The six speed transmission is smooth and fun to drive in auto-stick mode. The interior is where Dodge really made strides. Gone are the hard cheap plastics. Nice soft-touch surfaces and a great dash layout. Pricing on these Avengers is great. Paid $19,300 after rebate for an SE with V6, 18 inch rims and spoiler. Kudos to Dodge for building such a nice car at an affordable price."

This car has the best trade in value

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pros: "Great value"

"Had a 2010 with four speed transmission and four cylinder engine loved it. Traded it in for a 2013 with six speed transmission and four cylinder engine great gas mileage and Great trade in value, traded with 38000 miles, 2013 had more features and love how it handles on The road."

I LOVE my Avenger!!

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, great features, stylish, economical"

Cons: "Blind spot when reversing, no auto tint mirriors"

"I transitioned to the Avenger from a V8 Cadillac and it has been out of this world. For a V4 it is a powerful car with a good amount of get-up and go and a full tank of gas lasts me nearly 3 weeks every time. I drove this car from Indiana to South Carolina on vacation this year, the trip is about 1,800 miles and 14 hours and it was wonderful the whole time. I made the trip with about 2 1/2 tanks of gas. The ride is incredibly smooth and nearly silent to the outside world. Fantastic turn radius and handling, especially going high speeds through the Tenn. mountainsides. I love that I can plug my phone into the car for hands free access and I can listen to music strait from my phone. Also, love the dash drink cooler. I honestly love just about everything that this car has to offer. The only down side is the panel over the back of the back door windows cause a bigger blind spot than I was used to, but I have grown accustom to it by now, just annoying at first."

Fantastic little car

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "great price, reliable, economical, fun to drive"

Cons: "no fog lights, no heated mirrors"

"Bought new and have driven almost 100,000 miles. Very good, reliable, economical car."

I love my 2010 R/T! Give the car a chance!

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Sporty, Great MPG, drives and looks great"

Cons: "MAYBE the transmission can be a little smoother"

"I absolutely love my 2010 Avenger R/T 2.4l! I used to drive a 01 Durango 4.7 and the transition to this car is very different but in a great way! The gas mileage is great, it looks and drives great and it is just very sporty for a 4 door sedan! Dodge did a great job! People need to take it from the owners, its a great car!"

Love this car, it's luxurious and sporty!

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pros: "Price, performance, appearance, reliability."

Cons: "trunk entrance space, cup holders tight to access"

"This car has the best bang for the buck of any vehicle I've owned. It's very powerful with the 3.6 V6 as well as being great on fuel mileage. It's fun and comfortable to drive and I have not had anything to complain about thus far, having it for a year now."

great car

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "everything is great"

Cons: "the 2 tone cloth seats needs to be full dark colo"

"the longer i keep this car the better i like it. it drives great and rides great and has exterior just what i wanted. it has great poewr and still has great gas mileage.,next car i get will be another avenger."

We love our Avenger

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "suspension, engine, QUIET, economy"

Cons: "torque steer"

"We purchased our Avenger SXT Plus in the spring of 2012 and now have 13,000 miles on it. The first thing that caught our attention when shopping for a new car was how quiet the interior is while driving, there is almost no road noise at all!!! The entire interior is "soft to the touch" with no plastic dash or door panels...makes this car seem like a much more upscale car than the price tag reflects. The engine is absolutely spot on for performance..this car absolutely flys with the 285hp Pentastar V6 which averages 26mpg around town and we average 32-33 mpg on the highway at 70 mph. The suspension is plush but not "mushy", it handles VERY well in the twisties yet gives a nice ride in the bumps. Overall the car has far exceeded our expectations and continues to be problem free. There are many reviews that I read stating how the Interior was so-so and the exterior styling is dated...I disagree totally with these reviews but that is only my oppinion."

Extremely reliable & gorgeous!

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "Great looks & price, fun to drive, smooth ride"

Cons: "None, for me at least"

"Best car I have ever bought! I am 52 years old and have had many new cars in my lifetime. I chose this car mostly on looks and personal history of Dodge reliability. Purchased in June of 2007 as a 1st year "new Avenger" model. I have never had anything major go wrong with it, have kept up with routine maintenance, new tires when needed, etc. You would never guess it is a 4 cylinder because of the power and although it is a 4dr sedan it looks like a sports car. This car is still the one in the parking lot that stands out from the rest & I am always receiving compliments on it. Mine is a very dark blue with dark tinted windows & gorgeous! Although it has been paid off for years I still have no desire to trade it in yet, just haven't found anything else appealing enough for another car payment."

Got the 2012 r/t 283 hp. Its a fantastic car.

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Cheap sports car with 4 doors. burns the rubber"

Cons: "rear pillars are kinda wide, blind spot."

my R/T with custom stripes

"This is the best car i have owned. Very affordable, and the looks are great. The interior is fantastic, driver seat really holds you in place while taking the bends. and the heated seats make it even better. Mpg is very good for a dodge with all the power of the v6. I get around 24/25 mph. I would get the avenger rt over a charger rt the inside is laid out alot better and has more rear seat room then the charger. So in my eye this car is perfect!!!"

my R/T with custom stripes

Good economical sedan

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, will seat five OK, four comfortably."

Cons: "Heavy battery drain while parked with alarm on."

"Mine has the 2.4l PZEV. Best real highway fuel economy has been 36.3 MPG, cruise on at 65, including mountain grades. Real mileage in town is usually 23-24, usuaing mixed city/freeway is 31, respectable for 190 BHP on a five passenger sedan. Typical Mercedes seats (hard as rocks) that was changed in '09 after Daimler dumped Chrysler. Ride is sometimes quirky with diagonal bouncing on uneven pavement at speed. Plus for easy to clean/easy to maintain interior with washable seat covers. Air bags everywhere. Two items to watch...heavy battery drain when alarm system is activated, and the usual "in the fender" battery mounting. Also, alternator has a decoupler pulley; if it makes noise, replace it ASAP. Other than that, reliability's been very good. Good standard audio and powerful AC. Interior noise: about average for this price range. Very low wind noise."

2 payments left to go, and still love it !

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "Sporty looking"

Cons: "Not much on power, but interstates great."

"We bought this new for my wife. It was sporty looking, but not to much for her to handle. We have had zero problems, still runs and drives like the day we brought it home. She won't even talk about trading it !"

Nice car overall, 3-years original owner 2010 R/T

By on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pros: "Styling, Comfort, Economical, Fold Flat Front Seat"

Cons: "Tires & Brakes wore out too soon, low resale value"

"No major or minor issues after 32,000 miles. Original owner, everything is still stock. No repairs needed, but starting to wonder with front end noises, rattles, and idle issues. Driver Seat squeek has not been fixed or identified yet (started at 29,000 miles) so may need to claim warranty before 3year/36,000 miles expires. I think Dodge should stand behind thier products more and offer 7year/70,000 mile warranty like my previous Jeep Wrangler had! 4-cylinder on an R/T was a mistake for 2010 model year because it is dissapointing, it does okay and just fine for most people but not for an R/T badge. Same goes for the Tires & Brakes, I expected better performance for the R/T Badge but still satisfied for the price paid. Otherwise very positive experience so far, averaging 24 to 25 miles per gallon, mixed 50/50 highway and street driving. Enjoyable for a family of 3 (2-Adults and 1-Child). Plenty of space to stretch on long trips, huge trunk, nice styling, comfortable and quiet, nice stereo/bass, and we are considering trading in for 2012 or 2013 Avenger. My only complaint so far has been tires and brakes need replacing right now at 32,000 miles but the websites I am visiting imply that the Bridgestone Turanza EL400 should last at least 40,000 miles and brakes about the same. There is no way I should have even pushed the brakes or tires as long as I have, should have been done at 30,000 miles and car is dangerous to drive at this point. So I am trying to find customer reviews on the 2012 model but most of the reviews are like this one, for an older model year. I think I'll take the $1,000 I was going to spend on 4 Goodyear Triple Tred AS Tires and Brakes/Rotors, and instead put the money toward a new Avenger instead. I think this is the best comment to a car, that I liked it enough to get another one! Recommended."

I hate this car so much........

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Pros: "Styling,That's it."

Cons: "Too many bad things gone wrong. Never again. Cheap"

"My 2008 was the first new car I bought. I've had used cars with none of the problems of this one. In four years the rack and pinion, Fire in the starter, Fuel pump melted,Main computer And various other things went. I had an older Dodge no problems. I want out NOW."

I love this car

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "trunk space, gas mileage, aux port on stereo"

Cons: "back seat small for adults"

"I have had this car since August 2009. I adore it. She's always reliable, haven't had any problems with her that were not fixed under warranty (minor cosmetic things like the latch to the console and sunvisor hook). The A/C is still ice cold. Gas mileage is AMAZING. Awesome turning radius and visability. Good traction on snow."

Very Good looking Car.

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I want this car

"Very Good looking Car."

BEST VEHICLE EVER!

By on Monday, June 25, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and feels like another whole world!"

Cons: "None!"

"This is our second Dodge Avenger! We recently traded in our 2010 Dodge Avenger SXT for a Dodge Avenger R/T. I love dodge and love my new R/T model!"