2009 Dodge Avenger

8.0

Based on 422 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

I love this car.

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "sharp style, good quality for the price."

Cons: "only the lightness of the front end when passing."

"Front end a little too light. When taking off to pass front end lifts up some and causes car to go to left and back to right. Need to keep control with steering wheel when this happens. The car is great overall. Just this one thing I believe needs to be changed."

Most for the money

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "V6 w/283hp, great looking car, nice interior too"

Cons: "none found yet"

"Purchased 2013 Avenger this week and this car is by far the best value for the money - Ford and GM don't even have a car in this class with this kind of power (283hp)! Great value for the money and it is a nice sporty vehicle the kids are proud to drive as well. Great job on design and price! With incentives at $3,000 right now and the best V6 on the market it was a deal I couldn't pass up! Looking forward to having this car for years, looks great and moves fast for under $20K!"

I love my 2010 R/T! Give the car a chance!

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Sporty, Great MPG, drives and looks great"

Cons: "MAYBE the transmission can be a little smoother"

"I absolutely love my 2010 Avenger R/T 2.4l! I used to drive a 01 Durango 4.7 and the transition to this car is very different but in a great way! The gas mileage is great, it looks and drives great and it is just very sporty for a 4 door sedan! Dodge did a great job! People need to take it from the owners, its a great car!"

Good gas mileage, fun to drive

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Good vehicle"

Cons: "Replacement parts expensive"

"Bought vehicle 2009 from enterprise rental with 43000 miles. Changed oil every 3000miles. Never has failed to start, got 31 mpg on trips to Indiana (600 miles each way). Handles different road conditions very well."

Great vehicle! Very reliable!

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, appearance"

Cons: "Price"

"Most surprising thing about this vehicle is the great gas mileage. At 95,000 miles, I average almost 30mpg on the highway, and that's with the V6 3.5L. It still drives as if it's brand new."

I love my car <3

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "easy to drive, love the cup cooler/warmer"

Cons: "should be 2 cup cooler/warmers, not just one,"

"This car is comfortable to be in and a smooth ride. It has a few little quirks, but overall, I love it. One thing I don't like is the trunk design. When you open up the trunk, the water (from rain) will flow into the trunk space if you go to quickly."

Excellent car!!

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "noisy steering"

"Bought used with 40,000 miles. I commute 100 miles a day and this car has been great (over 93,000). No mechanical issues at all. The confort is incredible and I really love the MP3 system; I've downloaded 300 songs !!. The CD player is a little tempermental though."

This is my second one!

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "heated seats, 6 speakers, sporty"

Cons: "None."

"I had a used 2008 with 11k miles. Had it for two years, it was just great in every way! Replaced it with a new 2010 Express model! Even better, everything was upgraded on the inside. I'm soon to get a new 2012 model.."

Great Car!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

"I have a 2008 SXT and has about 50,000 miles. It is very dependable and I have not had any issues with it."

This vehicle looks great and handles well.

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

"I have owned a 2010 Avenger R/T 3.5 liter V6 with 6 speed transmition for 6 months and I love it. Love the heated seats, moonroof, navigation, and uconnect telephone!"

Looks like a little Charger,

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "looks perfermance"

Cons: "should get better then the 30 MPG highyway"

"This is a daily driver and I have also raced it at Mopar At The Strip in Las Vegas 2 years in a row. runner up and fastest ET in the sport compact class, this is a non melested car. it is still the way I get her off the show room floor. New. Now the new 3.6 motor wow.. but my 2008 is staying with me for life.. she has a bumper to bumper life time warranty too... :)"

Great and economical.

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Nice lines, great options."

Cons: "Would like more add-ons."

Out for an evening drive.

"So this is the second Avenger we have owned, the first being a 2009 SXT. I was happy with the 2.7L V6 in that car, and it gave good value. When the new Avenger came out, I was impressed with the modifications. There are some items I would have liked, power passenger seats, rear AC, but again, fully loaded, the 2011 Avenger was less than $27k. The biggest selling point was the larger and more powerful 3.6L engine. Much more power and responsive. The 6 speed transmission can cause some rough shifting but you get used to that. When you push down for power from a stand still and the streering pulls to the right, but that's due to it being front wheel drive. Not bad, just something to be prepared for. All in all really enjoy the car, like the ride, much quiter and again, an overall great value. Compared to the Ford Fusion, which fully loaded is nearly $10k more, we were happy with this purchase. On top of the enginer, we have found that the Nav and other bells and whistles are also nice and make an even more pleasurable vehicle to own. This isn't the right car for everyone. It's a smaller, sporty sedan that gets 25MPG with a 280hp engine, it's great around town and makes for a particle family car. I can see that many will opt of the Honda or Toyota, but this is more fun to drive."

Out for an evening drive.

best vehicle for the money

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "best value"

Cons: "can't find anything"

"bought the car with 19,000 miles"

This car rocks!!

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "luxurious definitely upscale for an affordable car"

Cons: "motor for the fluid quit spraying"

"This is the best buy I have made on a vehicle. I bought this for 10k and 2 years later it is still worth 8.5k. The drive is smooth and comfortable. My kids fit perfectly. The interior is luxurious definitely upscale for an affordable car. No engine problems, the only problem I have had with this are the windshield wiper fluid stopped working. Well the motor for the fluid quit spraying. I need to replace the motor I believe but I could be wrong... I love LOVE LOVE this car."

LOVE LOVE LOVE My Avenger!

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, reliable."

Cons: "Water drips into trunk when opened if wet."

"I love this car! I have the Mango Tango orange R/T, and it has it ALL! I have never had any problems with it- just regular maintenance keeps this car running great. It's super stylish, a car that people turn their heads to get a better look as you drive by. It's comfortable and fun to drive, and the console/control layout is nice. I definitely recommend this car!"

One of the nicest Cars I have owned, but

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Value, comfort, great mpg"

Cons: "trunk lid poorly designed"

"I paid $15,300 new for this car. Great deal in Juneau, Alaska. It was a "cash for clunker". Drives great, Handling in the rainy, snowy north, does pretty well. Balanced enough to keep it stable on the icy roads. Excellent mpg for this size vehicle, Summer 25 mpg, winter 23 mpg. Red color is beautiful. Only two downsides, redesign trunk lid so rain doesn't pore in the trunk when opened, and larger mudflaps on the front wheels to protect the rocker panels."

Awesome Car i just wish it was a little more power

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"Awesome Car i just wish it was a little more powerful but other than that i love the car!"

Sporty without costing a fortune in gas!

By on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pros: "Sporty looking. Not a gas hog!"

Cons: "NONE!"

Sporty Spice

"I love this car! My first brand new car and I couldn't be happier with it! Just the right amount of sporty get up and go without costing a ton of money for gas. Better gas mileage is more important to me than a huge motor that only gets 15mpg. Perfect car for the mom that wanted to retire the grocery getter after the kids went off to college, who wanted somthing sporty but still economical! The kids love mom's new ride. A lot roomier than I expected it to be, considering it's the "mini charger". Perfect for the not so tech savy mom that owns and ipod but just knows how to push play. Visibility is more limited than my van but that is to be expected."

Sporty Spice

great car

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cons: "could have made in v-8"

"love will buy my daughter one for a first car"

4th Jeep, Dodge Chrysler Vehicle purchased

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pros: "Great Price-very fun to drive-very stylish"

Cons: "cooler could be colder"

"I trade my vehicles in about 2-3 years! This has by far been my favorite - Very stylish! I get over 33mpg on the highway"

Looks great! Cheaply made.

By on Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, sporty looking"

Cons: "not enough hp, cheap interior"

"I bought my 2008 in June of 07. I have had so many compliments on the car...dark grey with awesome wheels. At about 37,000 miles the a/c"

By on Monday, May 09, 2011

"I love this car, rented a car like this, then I went out and bought it>"

Good Car at a Great Price!!!

By on Saturday, April 30, 2011

"This is a very stylish car that attracts many people. The gas mileage is good for a 4 cylinder, but not the best since the car is pretty heavy. It could use a little more power, but what can you expect from a 4 cylinder. Overall this is a good car to own and drive and will get you from one point to another in style. This is the mini version of the Dodge Charger as far as looks go."

worst car i have ever bought!!!!

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"I bought this car used 6 months ago and hate it. The car looks stylish but that's it! It's been in the garage 4 times since I've had it and nobody knows why it keeps dying on me. I've had to pay everytime to fix it and the dealerand garage tells me there's nothing they can do about. It dies everytime I stop at a light or a sign. i'm just waiting to get hit by a car and it would be my fault!!!! I do not recommend this car to anyone"

Good Quality

By on Friday, February 25, 2011

"I like this car. My oil tech, tire guy, and mechanic all give me high compliments on it's performance and handling. I LOVE the touch screen CD/MP3 player, the interior is clean with plenty of room. My after-market tinted windows make it look almost as stylish as a Dodge Charger. I get tons of compliments for my friends. In the winter the heats up to normal engine temperature in about 2-3 minutes (which is good in -20 weather). Had one small leak when it hit 50,000 (only $150 to fix). Have never had a problem with traction or handling on ice/wet roads. When it is cold electronic system takes a small toll windows roll up slowly and engine works overtime to drive over 40 MPH (negative weather). Seat fabric is relatively easy to clean if you have kids and are expecting stains from food/juice/greasy hands. Love the extra perks (seat-drop-down cup holder in back for passengers, drop down seats, access from trunk, good sound 2 extra compartments in center console). Although I'm not a mechanic (and a girl) I do like what I see under the hood. Plastic encasing over engine to prevent dust. Of course, since it's a 4-cylinder, you can't really blow by people you wish to pass on the highway. You have to give her a little more time to speed up and pass. Only complaints are that the passengers for the back seat sit lower than those in the front seats making it hard for passengers in the back seat to enjoy the scenery on a road trip. I would like to hear a little louder maximum sound without stressing out my speakers (keep in mind I'm younger and like rap). Metallic covers for internal door handles do start to come off after a while. When I take it to get an oil change my battery is obstructed and they can not check the terminal power. I will drive this car until it dies!!!!!! Just wish it was a bit faster!"