2008 Dodge Avenger

7.9

Based on 411 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Overall Pretty Nice

By on Saturday, July 05, 2008

"Purchased the R/T V-6 about one month ago. The ride is smooth and powerful. The MyGig Navigation System with satellite radio and UConnect Bluetooth (hands free cell phone) are very fun and useful. The interior room is fantastic in the front and back, along with great headroom (40"). On the cons side, the drivers seat does have an annoying inconsistent squeak. The leather seats are generally comfortable, but on a 3 hour trip, the seat didn't seem as comfortable. I did install after market window tinting, which allowed much better visability of the navigation system (during the day) and made visability much more comfortable for the driver and passengers. I bought the vehicle for $28K out the door and notice on Kelly Blue Book the trade in value after only one month is a loss of over $10,000. I have no intention of getting rid of it however, and I am satisfied with it so far. Gas mileage is an average of 20 MPG with a 50-50 combo of city and freeway driving. I would recommend the vehicle for its many features, value pricing and overall driving experience."

Not a bad car overall

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"I was forced to get a new car after my old one died. As luck would have it I stumbled on a used ’08 Avenger SXT with a sunroof and other added features. The car had 7,000 miles on it when I purchased it and is now up to about 12,000. Got a great deal on it – always buy used if you can. So far the vehicle itself has run well and I am happy with the purchase. I have received MANY compliments on it and enjoy driving it around town. To potential buyers I would say this: There are blind spots in this vehicle! If you have trouble turning your neck - beware. Because of the high sides on the body and the way the headrests are positioned you can lose entire cars on the side of you (and yes, I have adjusted the mirrors). Once you adjust to driving the vehicle – it is not a problem. I love the seat warmers, auto start, and fog lights. All great additions to the basic package. I would also agree with the comment about the trim in the vehicle. Although the “chrome” is a nice touch – it is awful when the sun hits it. I found a solution to this by driving with my right arm on the steering wheel thus blocking the reflection. They have done a good job recalling potential issues and identifying what models they apply to. Car cleans up easily and fabric seems to be holding up well. Love the 60/40 split seat and fold down passenger seat. Fit a 12’ piece of shelving in there with no problems. Gas mileage isn’t bad …. Getting about 22-25 miles per gallon (depends on your driving style) Overall a great AMERICAN car for the sticker price."

This car is an "Average Joe"

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"We have owned our '08 Avenger for about a year now. I am sad to report that we have been dissapointed with the car. In the looks department it is a 10. The features on our SXT 4-Cyl are a good value for the price and it is very economical. Mechanically, it has been reliable so far (except for the 3 recalls!) I am extremely disspointed in the huge depreciation on this model. In nearly one year, we have lost 50% of the value paid (and we bought with an employee pricing plan). I would expect that kind of depreciation after 2-3 years with an American model. I think flooding the rental market with these cars did not help. My largest complaint with the car is the general lack of quality. Interior is a snap-together design and it is very noisy and rattles on our Oregon highways. The drivers seat has an annoying squeak. All of these items have been checked by the dealers several times (at least 8 trips to service) and no trouble is ever found. Our other major complaint is this thing is noisy! We took it on a 2000 mi road trip and every day our ears were ringing with road noise at the end of the day. We had such a good experience with our PT cruiser (80k miles when sold), we decided to take a chance with this car and regret it. It is unfortunate because we really want to support companies that are based in the U.S. but with the lack of engineering and quality in this model, it makes purchasing difficult."

Outstanding Car!

By on Thursday, June 05, 2008

"I have only owned my Avenger SXT for about a month. I owned a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 for 7 years, and with the gas prices, decided to downsize (plus, my teenage children couldn't fit in the backseat any longer). I shopped for this car for about a year and couldn't be more pleased. The only drawback is a major blind spot just aft of the passenger window. It's fully loaded (minus the MyGig), with the 2.7L V-6. Stickered at $25,2K, got it for $22,6K. For the price and gas mileage, you can't beat it. My oldest child loves driving it. Thank you Dodge for making a real "looker" of a car! Can't wait to take it on a long trip."

I LOVE IT!!!

By on Saturday, May 31, 2008

"I have one complaint about my car. The silver around the gear shift is blinding when the sun hits it. I wish it were black instead. Other than that everything else about the car is great. I shopped around a lot before I bought this car. It is definitely the best car for the money. None of the other cars in this price range had the interior room that this car has. I plan to drive it for a very long time. Thanks Dodge!"