2008 Dodge Avenger

7.9

Based on 394 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Wonder Car

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2008

"This vehicle is wonderful and beyond convenient in the dry summer heat. With the SXT model I own I can simply turn on the car via the remote start system and the interior is cooled before I enter the vehicle. The handling is very smooth and the engine is not nearly as loud as magazine reviews claim. I love this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone."

R/T AWD

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2008

"First let me say that I think that the Avenger is a great car, and for the money spent it's a good deal. That said, the resale value may make you cry if you plan on trading it in in the first 3 years.... I expect that's because too many believe the published reviews!!!! I think it's quite funny that all the magazine reviews are somewhat negative(don't like interior, resale value(After 3 years the Nissan Altima and the Hona Accord both hold about 11% more value, however after 5 years, they have less than 5 percent more value), and issues with 6 speed transmission) towards the Avenger, BUT the reviews by owners are generally all good!! Huh? Why the disconnect between the two.... If I were a new buyer and read the professional reviews, I would hesitate to make the purchase, but reading the reviews by actual owners is quite a different experience. One would almost think you're reading the review of a different car. I think the main point to keep in mind is value.... It's obvious to me that Dodge spent less time and $$ on the interior, but the car is a good deal less expensive than the Nissan Altima, Honda Accord, and it looks a lot better than either of them......and the powertrain warranty is better..... I have to admit the car has a few rough spots, the 6 speed trans does shift a bit too much, but that is expected with a six speed, and it's a brand new transmission. I purchased the R/T AWD, pretty much loaded minus the rear seat video, and the moon roof....I love the MyGig, just wish the drive was a bit bigger. I love the ability ot insert a CD and have it copied over to the MyGig's internal harddrive! The sound with the optional Boston Acoustics Speakers is also nice, and regardless of the radio, I would spend the extra on the speakers.... I've only had a chance to drive the car in the snow once, but I loved it! It just held the road, even when I tried a few radical moves....The AWD seems to work well. So sure, the inside could look better with something more than textured plastic, and a few pieces of chrome coated plastic thrown in for good measure.....I think Dodge can improve in this area a bit and still keep the cost down.... Overall for the money spent, it 4.5 stars..."

Still love my car !!

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"Special ordered my Avenger SXT last April. Have only put on 6500 miles with one 800 mile road trip. I got 34 mpg on average Hwy. Very smooth ride, love the leather seats. I have waited to write a review so I could try to find something bad about the car. Sorry... Can't do it. The Avenger SXT Is AWESOME!"

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

Great car!!!!

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"Don't listen to the automotive press! This is a great car and a great value! For $23k and change I got a V-6, power everything, steering wheel audio controls, 6-disc cd changer with aux input, 6 speakers, side curtain airbags, 4-wheel ABS, automatic climate control, leather and a whole lot more!!! Best value out there!!!"