2008 Dodge Avenger

8.0

Based on 414 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Gear Grinder

By on Thursday, February 25, 2010

"The car looks great, very quiet, smooth, great mileage, and pretty nice to ride in. However the good ends there. Our car has gone through two transmissions and is currently shopped. It has failed us 3 times on the highway and clunked itself to the shop a few others. The radio presets do not remember what frequency and the clock can't keep time. On top of that, on a sunny day the fake chrome reflects sunlight right underneath sunglasses for a highly annoying glare.I wish we had test drove it on a sunny day. Piece of Junk!"

Nice Family car

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"+ points: Have this car for 1.5 years, worked through Bitter winter and Summer, have 10K miles on it, no problem so far, i get ~23mpg in city and 30 mpg on Highway (with mild AC I get 28mpg on higway). Quiet, comfortable, rugged looking and loaded with cool novelties. Pretty cheap $$$ to buy. We love this one, very practical. Hope they come up with more car like these. Very good american car compare to older dodge vehicles. - points: Interior quality is not the best. Have gaps, if you are very particular in staring interior facets and every corner you will find them. I got 6 speakers music system (MyGIG), It ROCKS, but Hard disk do not work correct in winter, it requires warm up, after that it works normal. If you are looking for 0-60 under 5-6 seconds this is not the car (I have 2.4 L SXT). Well it is obvious looking at its MPG."

Worst vehicle ever

By on Monday, June 15, 2009

"My wife and I have had our 2009 Avenger for about a month. We have made one payment on it and it still has temp tags. It has been back to the dealer twice within the last month. The rotors went back with about 100 miles on it. Now today it is in the shop for new front and rear stuts and the car has 500 miles on it. It is poor quality and cheaply made. I knew we should have bought a Toyota. If you want a good car don't buy an Avenger. If you like to pay mechanic bills then this is the car for you."

just purchased

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"this car is very sporty, more room in back seat than it looks like, only problem is black strip between window and door on both sides has small tears in it and I only have 194 miles on it, the dealer says it is a sticker and they will replace it. I hope it doesnt continue to tear."

Great American car

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Great performance and yet good economy"

Cons: "Traction control is a nuisance."

"I'm early 60s and have owned a lot of cars. When looking for a new one, I wanted: performance, style ( this car has a great muscle car style ) all the latest do- dads, and economy. I've owned it now for a couple years and still look forward to getting behind the wheel, especially at stop lights. I am sorry to see it go away. Goodbye to a great American car."