2008 Dodge Avenger

7.9

Based on 409 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 15 16 17 | Next

08 Avenger left me cold

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2008

"After owning and driving the mid range SXT model for a year, i finally decided it left me cold and wanting more. At first I overlooked the low speed hard shifts, the plastic interior slow acceleration. Finally it all caught up to me. Pros for this car was the Heated seats (cloth, not leather), remote start and GREAT Gas milage for a mid size sedan(32 Highway). Cons were the Hard plastic interior, poor braking, and too much roll on sharp turns. I would not even bother with the R/T model after owning the SXT version. I would however recommend this vehicle as a first car for a teen."

Great for Carseats

By on Saturday, April 26, 2008

"There is a lot of backseat room for carseats"

By on Thursday, April 17, 2008

By on Thursday, April 17, 2008

"Good on gas, smooth ride and very good warranty."

SE Dodge Avenger

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"I purchased my SE Dodge Avenger in Jan.'08 w/ 15,000 miles. I downsized from a 6 cylinder (another make and model) to a 4 cylinder and I love it. Everyone thought I was crazy, but the 4-cylinder has just enough pick up for me. 2 complaints - 1 serious blind spot on passenger side, and alot of the time when I use my turn signal - I accidentally hit the bright lights on?!?!"

Wonder Car

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2008

"This vehicle is wonderful and beyond convenient in the dry summer heat. With the SXT model I own I can simply turn on the car via the remote start system and the interior is cooled before I enter the vehicle. The handling is very smooth and the engine is not nearly as loud as magazine reviews claim. I love this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone."

R/T AWD

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2008

"First let me say that I think that the Avenger is a great car, and for the money spent it's a good deal. That said, the resale value may make you cry if you plan on trading it in in the first 3 years.... I expect that's because too many believe the published reviews!!!! I think it's quite funny that all the magazine reviews are somewhat negative(don't like interior, resale value(After 3 years the Nissan Altima and the Hona Accord both hold about 11% more value, however after 5 years, they have less than 5 percent more value), and issues with 6 speed transmission) towards the Avenger, BUT the reviews by owners are generally all good!! Huh? Why the disconnect between the two.... If I were a new buyer and read the professional reviews, I would hesitate to make the purchase, but reading the reviews by actual owners is quite a different experience. One would almost think you're reading the review of a different car. I think the main point to keep in mind is value.... It's obvious to me that Dodge spent less time and $$ on the interior, but the car is a good deal less expensive than the Nissan Altima, Honda Accord, and it looks a lot better than either of them......and the powertrain warranty is better..... I have to admit the car has a few rough spots, the 6 speed trans does shift a bit too much, but that is expected with a six speed, and it's a brand new transmission. I purchased the R/T AWD, pretty much loaded minus the rear seat video, and the moon roof....I love the MyGig, just wish the drive was a bit bigger. I love the ability ot insert a CD and have it copied over to the MyGig's internal harddrive! The sound with the optional Boston Acoustics Speakers is also nice, and regardless of the radio, I would spend the extra on the speakers.... I've only had a chance to drive the car in the snow once, but I loved it! It just held the road, even when I tried a few radical moves....The AWD seems to work well. So sure, the inside could look better with something more than textured plastic, and a few pieces of chrome coated plastic thrown in for good measure.....I think Dodge can improve in this area a bit and still keep the cost down.... Overall for the money spent, it 4.5 stars..."

Still love my car !!

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"Special ordered my Avenger SXT last April. Have only put on 6500 miles with one 800 mile road trip. I got 34 mpg on average Hwy. Very smooth ride, love the leather seats. I have waited to write a review so I could try to find something bad about the car. Sorry... Can't do it. The Avenger SXT Is AWESOME!"

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

Great car!!!!

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"Don't listen to the automotive press! This is a great car and a great value! For $23k and change I got a V-6, power everything, steering wheel audio controls, 6-disc cd changer with aux input, 6 speakers, side curtain airbags, 4-wheel ABS, automatic climate control, leather and a whole lot more!!! Best value out there!!!"

NOT GOOD

By on Sunday, March 09, 2008

"I BOUGHT MY CAR MAY 2007. SINCE THEN IT HAS BEEN BACK AND FORTH TO THE DEALER. 3 TIMES FOR LOCKING MECHANISM. 5 TIMES FOR SENSORS AND NOW THE RADIO CHANGES STATIONS ON IT's OWN. THE BREAKS HAD TO BE REPLACED TWICE. BREAK LIGHT COMES ON WHEN ON INCLINE. TIRE SENSOR LIGHT COMES ON EVEN AFTER I HAD PRESSURE CHECKED."

I LOVE MY CAR

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"IT IS A WONDERFUL CAR, I JUST WISH I DIDNT HAVE SO MANY MILES ON MINE ALREADY. I HAVE NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT MY AVENGER. GREAT LOOKING"

Best for money

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"I shopped around all different makes and this is by far the best car for the money. It's priced less than a Civic but is equipped and drives like an Accord. Dodge hit a home-run with this one!"

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

great buy

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"only had one problem with the car psi sensor shorted out easy fix. I had a ram with a hemi in it so it feels a little under powered but that could be just me other then that the car is one of the best"

Great vehicle

By on Saturday, February 16, 2008

"Drives as smooth and quiet as any Cadillac I've ever driven. This car is rich looking inside and out. Supurb ride"

just purchased

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"this car is very sporty, more room in back seat than it looks like, only problem is black strip between window and door on both sides has small tears in it and I only have 194 miles on it, the dealer says it is a sticker and they will replace it. I hope it doesnt continue to tear."

Awesome Vehicle

By on Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Have the R/T loaded minus AWD and traction control. No problems, just one recall for a clip on the locking mechanism for the doors. Took on a road trip in the summer, got better than advertised gas mileage."

Mini-Charger

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"I cloned mine out (R/T - HEMI - Spoiler - Graphics - Wheels) and boy do I get the looks! Looks Hot! Nobody knows it's only a four cylinder!! Great gas mileage - 21 City - 30 Hwy."

I LOVE MY CAR

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"After my 2003 dodge Stratus got totalled, I didn't think I would find a car that measured up. Finally I found the Dodge Avenger and it does more than measure up, it is the best car I have ever had. The gas mileage is great, the ride is incredible and smooth, it is very sharp looking and everyone loves it...this car is awesome!"

2nd update

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"just took my r/t awd on a trip from new jersey to florida. much better gas milage then what the window sticker showed. 28+ miles per gallon."

Cheap car

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"This car is not worth the 19,000 I paid for it back in March. I would have been better off saving 4 grand and buying a Caliber. Yeah it has nice safety features but all cars do these days. The interior is junk, the 4 cyl. engine is very loud when accelerating, blind spots are terrible, even the exterior seams cheap. I don’t think it would take much to rip the plastic rear quarter panels off. If I have the high beams on the turning signal doesn’t always work. The tire pressure light keeps coming on and I know the pressure is correct. I owned a 2002 Intrepid before this with a V6 2.7, nice comfy interior and I only paid 21,000 for that. I wish I still had it. The gas mileage is the only good thing about the avenger. I can get 33mpg IF I keep it below 65mph. And Once again I was getting close to 30mpg with my intrepid. The Avenger was a bad buy."

By on Saturday, December 15, 2007

"had my car 4 months now & 3 snow storms. one heck of a car is all i can say. i have owened 4, 4 wheell drive vehicles, this awd beets them all for sure !"

A few glitches

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"I bought my Avenger last march. I get fairly good milage (for city traffic). A few minor electronic glitches, however... I have a super sensative "check engine" light that has brought me back to the dealership a few times, and my "brake" alert light activates whenever I am on a forward incline. The leather interior still looks great."

Awesome

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"I love this car because it's stylish, fully loaded at a great price and makes me want to drive even when the crazies are on the road. I've had it since the month the car came out and can't seem to find any major complaints. My only complaint is my own fault. I went from a 6-cylinder to a 4-cylinder with my new car, so I do miss the power. But in all honesty, even with the 4-cylinder, this car still makes it up and down mountains with ease. And, when you really need the power, it's there. Great for driving on a beautiful day with the sunroof and windows open. Love it!"

Previous | 1 ... 15 16 17 | Next