2008 Dodge Avenger

7.9

Based on 374 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Fuel Efficiency and Great Midsize Car

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, good handling, value, ride"

"love the handling of car. Its a great vehicle being more sporty and reasonably best in performance with having a V6 engine. Features are outstanding the resale value is excellent on car gives me good gas mileage plenty of room rides smooth. Looks more of a top of the line coupe with taillights and factory R/T wheels. The Avenger is comfortable available with heated seats, UCONNECT navigation, blue tooth and USB/iPod interface include a great sound system. It drives absolutely best more quiet great smooth ride and gas mileage is overall excellent on Avenger. I love this car on lots of good features in its class from more sporty looks and steering controls are outstanding."

Good car if you don't expect much.

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Reason: cheap quality

Pros: "Attractive body style, good mileage"

Cons: "cheap workmanship, poor quality interior."

"I bought a 2008 Avenger with only about 100 miles on it. I loved the look of the car and the ride was very comfortable on the test drive. The dealer gave me a really great deal (too good to turn down... should have been my first clue). The first few weeks it was a really sweet ride, so we went back and got a matching one for my husband. I noticed his car drove a lot more 'tight'. Didn't sway as much as mine did. Mine felt like it was always windy out and was a little more 'loose' than his in the steering. His was the top of the line, all the bells and whistles, whereas mine was the plain jane, low end model. So I chalked it up to that. One thing we both had in common though, was the very first week of ownership, our air vents broke when we tried to flip them up to redirect the air flow. About a month after getting it, we took mine out on the interstate on our first long distance trip, I noticed it had a lot of road noise. Almost sounded like a plane was overhead at times. The feeling of being windy out was again very noticeable. We took mine in several times to the dealer for 'small things' like the interior door trim falling off, door not fitting right, etc. My husband's had leather seats which cracked and looked worn before the first year was up. We both had several recalls on our cars in the first 2-3 years (at least 4 apiece). Both cars had the shifter break, leaving us having to take apart the shifter area in order to get the car into gear. It was one of the recalls. After the 2nd year, his car started using oil. Around year 3 for his and year 4 for mine (but the same amount of miles), they both developed transmission problems and started slipping between first and second gears. Mine developed some type of 'air lock' in the 4th year. When I'd drive down the interstate, it'd act like it had air bubbles in the gas. It'd spit and sputter when you'd step on the gas. The mechanic could never find anything wrong. The cars both had very cheap interiors that fell apart, fairly quickly. The molding strips on the bottom of mine fell off when I drove through heavy snow one winter. All of a sudden they were gone and thats the only thing we remember doing. Mine developed 'bubbling' of the paint on the nose of the hood. When a battery needed changed, we found out you have to remove the driver's side wheel and take apart the wheel well to get the battery out. Based on our experience with the two 2008's that we purchased, I will NEVER purchase another Dodge car."

Great American car

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Great performance and yet good economy"

Cons: "Traction control is a nuisance."

"I'm early 60s and have owned a lot of cars. When looking for a new one, I wanted: performance, style ( this car has a great muscle car style ) all the latest do- dads, and economy. I've owned it now for a couple years and still look forward to getting behind the wheel, especially at stop lights. I am sorry to see it go away. Goodbye to a great American car."

Had as a rental for a month

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

I don't own this car

"So my vehicle was stolen and I got this rental from my insurance company. Being used to an old 99 with poor HP, I spit rocks as I pulled out of the driveway!! I felt like a millionaire, until I checked my blind spots... to look over your shoulder, it is really hard to see out the back window (Im a short 5'2" woman) and the small side windows in the back might as well not even have been there!! The body was also really wide between the back door and the rear windshield, making for a huge blind spot which nearly costed me several accidents. Its not a big deal in rural areas, but I live in a metro, so I need to be able to navigate in a split second, something that is hard to do when you need to look at 2 mirriors and look back, and then check your mirriors again. Now granted, I know that is how you are supposed to drive anyway, but anyone who drives in heavy traffic full of people texting and driving, putting on make up while they speed to work, etc knows that often times will CAUSE you an accident. The car was fairly comfy, but my rump was a bit sore after taking it for an hour and half ride, something I didnt have an issue with in my 99 Malibu. The body style is pretty sleek, a nice look that both the man and woman will love. The interior is pretty spacious, not overly, but 5 adults can ride in it so it could be alot worse, and though it doesnt look it, the trunk is HUGE. IDK about service, it never had issues in teh month I had it, the gas mileage was actually not that bad at all for such a powerful engine (comparable to my smaller 99 Malibu), but it was pretty good highway miles. And I did kinda romp on it a little, its an awesome car, and a loaner so I wasnt babying it thats for sure!! Only think i didnt like about it was that blind spot."

Very good car. No troubles

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

"I really enjoyed my avenger when I had it. It was reliable, great gas mileage and good looking. The down side to these cars are that they just don't retain any kind of value. There is no trade in value at all with these vehicles. I paid almost $20,000 for the car 6 years ago and now it is worth 5000.00. You do the math."

NICE CAR FOR THE PRICE

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"Bought mine brand new a year and half a go and have 45,000 miles on it. All I've had to do so far is change the oil and put gas in it. 4 cylinder engine performs well and still gets very good gas mileage. Interior is comfortable and the Uconnect system is very easy to use. The only drawbacks I've found are that it has a horrible blind spot and the steering wheel is uncomfortable on really long trips and has a fair amount of road noise on the highway. I've been very happy with mine over all."

One of the best cars that I have ever had!

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "It's a beautiful car and runs like a dream."

Cons: "I wish it would get better mileage."

"The only problems that I have had with this car is the CD player sometimes freezes and won't restart until I restart the car and one time it totally shut itself off! Luckily, it restarted itself."

Exceptional value for a great car!

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Great value, mpg's, trunk space, leg room."

Cons: "Chrome trim reflects into eyes sometimes"

"I have had my 2010 Dodge Avenger R/T for almost 4 years now and I have not had one single thing go wrong! Nothing! This car has truly been the best new car that I have ever owned! It's fast, handles well and good MPG for a HO 6 cylinder. I might be an exception, but I gave it all 10's!"

Love the avenger

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Love the sporty look outside and roominess inside"

Cons: "20 mpg ok but not great"

"I love the avenger. I have found that there is not a lot of storage inside the car. Once you get used to that it is a great car to drive. There are blind spots from the back window to the trunk but as with any car you have to get used to it. There are no bells and whistles but to find a car that looks sporty in this price range I think it is perfect. I would recommend purchasing some Hockey Stick graphics for a more sporty look. I plan to keep this car 8 to 10 years."

R/T Avenger - Decent

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"I own the R/T edition of this car and I have mixed feelings about it only because I wanted an SUV to begin with but I really liked the sporty car look. So I bought it. Pros: Great acceleration (ONLY IN THE R/T STYLE) Timeless look Cons: Not very comfortable seat. Mesh interior makes it hard to clean in cloth. Small trunk space"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25