1997 Dodge Avenger

7.6

Based on 144 Ratings for the 1995 - 2000 models.

Avenger

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"I bought this car about a month ago, for 650 bucks, after putting about 2000 into it i'm rather satisfyed, since the 2000 was a front end alinement, windshield, alternator belt, battery, brakes, and tires. plus a spoiler, and a couple other odds and ends. otherwise it has been great if i could find another one for 650 bucks you better believe i would buy it again, since it has the mitzubuishi engine in it, it will run forever. mine has 148k on it and my friend with a bmw is jealous. it just needs repainted now."

96 Dodge Avenger ES

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"This was my 5th new car and last. 12 years old this April and a champ. No major problems. Brakes and Tires - I've always had regular oil changes and gotten maintenance. Very Roomy. The car is rusting now and it's sad to see the age. I never want this car to die. Doors are very heavy. Older people and people with bad knees do have a hard time getting in and out. Very low to the ground. Love the style. Great trunk and fast, fast, fast. Still to this day - handles great. Even in the snow."

Reliable Engine

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"This is the most reliable car I have had, as far as the engine goes. Best engine! Always starts - no matter what. The quality of the motor is more than I can say for the rims though. I have always had problems with the tires - because the rims constantly cut into them - there was a recall on the rims, but the Dodge recall missed my car by 1 year! Oh well - although I have been out of luck a few times because my tires were flat - the engine has never cut out. Also, this car has the best ride I have experienced - nice and smooth! When you get up to cruising speed on the highway, this baby purrs and you cant feel any bumps in the road. Real nice ride. Get one AFTER the recall took effect though."

Great vehicle- dependable

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"I have had this vehicle for 6 years and have found it to be VERY reliable. I have never had to have any major work done on the motor (just flush transmission) and it's never given me any problems....never borken down, never had to spend a lot of money on it, even had a few people bump into the back of it and no marks or damage made! My only complaint?? the passenger side door handle fell off randomly one day (of course the day it was paid off!) I also have a friends who's did that as well....I guess bc the doors are so heavy?"

Looking Good

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"This car called my name when I fist saw it a 1996 Dodge Avenger, sleek looking, very peppy engine everything I wanted in a car"