1996 Dodge Avenger

7.6

Based on 145 Ratings for the 1995 - 2000 models.

14 years, 215,000 miles!!!!

By on Monday, March 30, 2009

"I never thought that this or any car would have lasted me 14-15 years. The best part is that it still runs very well. Although I no longer am confident in driving it for long trips (120 miles or more), it's just fine for local trips. Only had to tow it once since I've had it. I have nothing bad to say about it. Best car I've ever had."

slow but good in snow

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"The best car I have ever driven in the snow, probably because it was so heavy and didn't have enough power to spin the tires. Slowest car I have ever owned as well."

alright vehicle dependable

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"reliable the door handles are weak my driver side snapped off"

Ultra Reliable & Incredible Looks!

By on Sunday, September 28, 2008

"One of the best looking cars on the road! Mechanically, the combination 4 cyl Mitsubishi engine and 5 speed transmission deliver 35MPG highway, and 100% reliability. It corners like it is on rails, the factory sound system is excellent. Some minor issues with interior plastic trim, and that's it! Follow the owner's factory maintenence schedule, and this car will go 300,000 miles"

great car

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"My Avenger has been a great car. Despite surpassing 10 years old, its styling isn't dated and it's been easy to maintain. A couple minor paint issues, but nothing too bad. It handles great. Older passengers would sometimes complain that the seats are too low to the ground and difficult to get out of. Carpoolers always remarked on how surprisingly roomy the backseet was."

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

great!

By on Thursday, August 07, 2008

"Very sporty"

New Purchase July 2008

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"Recently purchased this vehicle which I would compare to a Chevy Camaro by design and comfort in the V6 engine. Be sure however to get a full CARFAX report before purchasing. The previous owner had all records but I had to replace the valve gaskets after a week of owning. Watch this area since the prior owner had fixed 6 months in advance. Only rated the reliability as 3 because this situation. Still under warranty from repair work but an area to watch. The CARFAX report also had a couple recalls one which require the lower ball joints to be inspected or even replaced. The valve is good for a later model 90's vehicle and the gas mileage is better than average at around 24 MPG highway depending on your speed. The reliability is better than average. The performance is what you would expect from a V6 it looks much faster than it actually is. But better gas mileage is a plus. I like the leg room for an over 6' person and still gan have persons in the rear comfortably. I like the styling. For a 10 year car it has held up very well. But as with all used vehicle everything is determined by the previous owner. Make sure you get the carfax report before buying. Great car for the price!."

I Fixed my Avenger up

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"This car i rated is based off of aftermarket parts i put into it. I will be turbo'ing it shortly, the performance rating is based off of the standard motor, it's not fast but it gets good gas mileage. every 420A motor has potential for high performance"

great fun car

By on Monday, July 07, 2008

"i have enjoyed my avenger for 10 years"

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"Its a good first car, only major problems I had was the transmission going out at 80,000 miles and it being really loud. Other than that I would recommend the car to anyone."

Reliable

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"I bought mine used last year for less than half blue book and have had a great year with it. With regular maintenance this car gets decent gas economy while providing a quiet comfortable ride. She's even got some spunk to get up and go when you let her at it."

Never getting rid of this car

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"This was originally my parents car that they purchased from a dealership in 1996. It gets reasonable gas mileage, has a HUGE trunk, the seats are comfortable, and after 12 years, it is still going strong. Currently I have 157,000 miles on it and, with the continued help of regular maintenance, plan on having at least 100,000 more. The paint is finally starting to fade, but that's pretty good for it being as old as it is. The only problems I have had are the doors. The doors are so long and heavy that after time the hinges start to give out but its a simple matter of welding the hinge back in place and its good as new! Sure it growls at me when I put it in drive and the turning radius is nothing to be proud of, but I love my little Avenger and could never see myself parting with it. :)"

good car

By on Sunday, March 02, 2008

"Is a great car and have to barely fix anything. I have had the car for almost 3 years now and I have had to replace the starter, control arms and ball joints (which was paid for under recall), and I replaced the brakes. Otherwise it has been a great car and I average from 25-29mpg. Not bad for a V6. Perfect for a teenager or young adult."

420a Avengers

By on Saturday, February 23, 2008

"If you can find an Avenger in the 2.0L 4 cylinder, get it! These engines are mitsubishi and run forever! 30mpg and a nice interior for a lower end car. I bought 2 of these for $1400 a piece and drove them for 3 years a piece and drove them hard. I use them for delivery services and tend to put on 20-25K a year. Change the oil and drive it into the ground. With constant running for 6 hours a day, six days a week, they have lasted me to the 150k mark before they rusted out and it was time for another one. Treat it well and I cant even imagine what mileage you would get out of it."

Very reliable car

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"Very reliable car. I love the styling, handling, value."

Great car for the $$

By on Thursday, December 27, 2007

"I bought this car from a guy who was selling it after garaging it for many years, so it had low miles and was in great shape. I am very satisfied with the handling and gas mileage (I get 30-36 highway) is great (2.0/manual). Only major problem I've had is the known issue with the factory head gasket being substandard--the fact that Chrysler recognizes the problem yet won't issue a recall is very disappointing. I have had slight leaking from the block but I just add a tiny bit of stopleak flakes and it seems to do the trick. I'm not paying $1200 to fix the gasket when the car is worth barely twice that. Overall great car, but I imagine the 2.0 automatic is a dog. Very sporty and stylish looking car. Turning radius is terrible, though!"

Avenger

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"I bought this car about a month ago, for 650 bucks, after putting about 2000 into it i'm rather satisfyed, since the 2000 was a front end alinement, windshield, alternator belt, battery, brakes, and tires. plus a spoiler, and a couple other odds and ends. otherwise it has been great if i could find another one for 650 bucks you better believe i would buy it again, since it has the mitzubuishi engine in it, it will run forever. mine has 148k on it and my friend with a bmw is jealous. it just needs repainted now."

96 Dodge Avenger ES

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"This was my 5th new car and last. 12 years old this April and a champ. No major problems. Brakes and Tires - I've always had regular oil changes and gotten maintenance. Very Roomy. The car is rusting now and it's sad to see the age. I never want this car to die. Doors are very heavy. Older people and people with bad knees do have a hard time getting in and out. Very low to the ground. Love the style. Great trunk and fast, fast, fast. Still to this day - handles great. Even in the snow."

Great vehicle- dependable

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"I have had this vehicle for 6 years and have found it to be VERY reliable. I have never had to have any major work done on the motor (just flush transmission) and it's never given me any problems....never borken down, never had to spend a lot of money on it, even had a few people bump into the back of it and no marks or damage made! My only complaint?? the passenger side door handle fell off randomly one day (of course the day it was paid off!) I also have a friends who's did that as well....I guess bc the doors are so heavy?"

Looking Good

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"This car called my name when I fist saw it a 1996 Dodge Avenger, sleek looking, very peppy engine everything I wanted in a car"

best car

By on Sunday, October 28, 2007

"This car is a good car becaues.It his 132000 miles on it and i have had no broblams with it and it gets me to were i have to go. and it has a good moter in it."

My first Dodge

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"I have never driven a dodge. I am a foreign car type of person! I love this car. I bought it really cheap and it has proven to be a great car so far! It has decent miles on it and no major mechanical work needs done, just minor things..tune-up. Its sporty and stylish."

good solid car

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"no major problems. regular maint. good v6.115000m"