1996 Dodge Avenger

7.6

Based on 144 Ratings for the 1995 - 2000 models.

great car!

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

Pros: "good power and fun to drive"

Cons: "gets a little price to get fixed on the v6"

"The v6 model is great! It handles well on corners and is able to real get up and go when punch the gas pedal. The power of the can be changed if you look around. Better plugs gives more power. Down side is that the tires will cost around 700 bucks w rated tires. But I love it with all the add ons put on it makes for a great car."

fair

By on Sunday, August 08, 2010

"Got this car new in '99. Right off the bat had the dealer rebuild transmission as it went out just about 1 year later. Have had minor problems with electrical system; automatic side mirror adjuster stopped working 8 month in, 6 years the drivers side door sensor stopped working so the interior lights don't go on, battery cables replaced 4 yrs in. Driver side door handle broke off 7 years in, cargo net hooks in trunk broke off 1.5 years in. Minor things but annoying. Have also had front end fixed 2 times for dealer recall problems. Car was garage kept for 6 years but paint on rear spoiler is coming off. Since I have put 106000+ miles on in 11 years, I suppose I got my money worth. Has a wide turning radius, handles like a bobsled in the snow and still manages to get me around in Chicago weather. My 6'2" husband hates to drive it but I wish I could afford to keep it longer, but I need something more reliable."

awesome ride quick and comfortable

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, stlye,"

Cons: "no longer available as coupe"

"took over this vehicle from my wife. she received a crossover when children came into the picture. the vehicle has had no major issues, and still turns the tuners heads when I drive by. Vehicle is fast and descent on fuel economy. plan to drive until it gives up, or my son turns of age to modify. the 4 door avengers just dont match up to the coupe."

best first car for your kid

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "cheap sports car"

Cons: "not the best handling"

"This is the best car i have ever drove! it is very reliable and the other thing that has ever went wrong is the heating and i fixed that for 100 dollars! great car i love it!"

good car for the price

By on Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"the only thing i see that the exhoust system is very expensive buy having 2 catalitic converters in it if you were to fix the entire system you looking at $ 2000 dollars"