1996 Dodge Avenger

7.6

Based on 145 Ratings for the 1995 - 2000 models.

Good sports car.

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "bette than the civic, good for racing."

Cons: "Bad on gas."

"It's a nice sports car to have, just like the eclips and prelude. It's gat a good take off and handles corners well."

great car!

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

Pros: "good power and fun to drive"

Cons: "gets a little price to get fixed on the v6"

"The v6 model is great! It handles well on corners and is able to real get up and go when punch the gas pedal. The power of the can be changed if you look around. Better plugs gives more power. Down side is that the tires will cost around 700 bucks w rated tires. But I love it with all the add ons put on it makes for a great car."

fair

By on Sunday, August 08, 2010

"Got this car new in '99. Right off the bat had the dealer rebuild transmission as it went out just about 1 year later. Have had minor problems with electrical system; automatic side mirror adjuster stopped working 8 month in, 6 years the drivers side door sensor stopped working so the interior lights don't go on, battery cables replaced 4 yrs in. Driver side door handle broke off 7 years in, cargo net hooks in trunk broke off 1.5 years in. Minor things but annoying. Have also had front end fixed 2 times for dealer recall problems. Car was garage kept for 6 years but paint on rear spoiler is coming off. Since I have put 106000+ miles on in 11 years, I suppose I got my money worth. Has a wide turning radius, handles like a bobsled in the snow and still manages to get me around in Chicago weather. My 6'2" husband hates to drive it but I wish I could afford to keep it longer, but I need something more reliable."

good car for the price

By on Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"the only thing i see that the exhoust system is very expensive buy having 2 catalitic converters in it if you were to fix the entire system you looking at $ 2000 dollars"

Good Looks, Good Value

By on Friday, March 18, 2011

"I bought a '98 Avenger ES with 40.000 miles in '03. I was drawn to the price and the style was more appealing than other mid-sized and small cars. I rate it average for quality after a few rough starts and consequently having the fuel pump replaced. A friend with a 1999 model had the same fault. The sway bars were recalled and covered by Dodge. The paint deteriorated beneath the external coat, so it looked blotchy on the roof but was smooth to touch and did not tarnish the metal. A basic level paint job from a national company made it look like new. Otherwise, I received compliments on the style, the ride, and the view. The slope of the windshield offers the front seat a good view up and lets in light. Road noise is comparable to other sport sedans or entry level cars. The back seat is roomy for a coupe - my friends over six foot have more knee room in the back than in the front with the low glove box. The ES sound system had a good amp, and I enjoyed the other ES options: sliding sunroof, spoiler, cruise control, and fog lamps. The trunk has adequate space. The suspension helps prevent roll, and handling in a few inches of snow was better than expected."