1995 Dodge Avenger

7.6

Based on 144 Ratings for the 1995 - 2000 models.

an ok vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"I've drove this car on and off for 12 years. My mother bought the 97 in 96 and passed it down to me a few years later. For the first 5 years it was an awsome car. The factory sound system was great and it had good pick up. at 65,000 miles I had to replace the transmission and the ballbearings. I had to replace the ballbearings again at 80,000. It was good on long trips (I would drive 14 hours frequently). It was great in the snow until the ABS went out. And the transmission is about to go out again at 120,000 miles. The biggest complant I have is the tires. You can't bump a curp with out poping them. The turning radius if very wide and it has very bad blind spots. An ok car, but get rid of it before it hits 80,000 miles. Thats when all the mechanical and comsetic stuff starts to go wrong."

great used car

By on Thursday, November 6, 2008

"This car has been my daily driver for 4 years and now i am going to buy a new 2009 avenger!"

1997 Avenger ES-Stylish Reliability

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"I bought this car new and have had it for almost 11 years. I have never had a major mechanical problem. Some minor problems included the rims, which I got reimbursed for under the recall settlement and replaced with polished chrome (not factory), and the paint (black) which I had redone about 1 1/2 yrs ago. It still looks good and gets looks after all these years. It's Mitsubishi V6 could be faster and the turning radius leaves something to be desired but overall it's been a great car. I plan on driving it for years to come."

so so

By on Monday, December 10, 2007

"ive owned this car for 4years.I have replaced 4balljoints a wheel bering, both driveshafts a tranny,spoiler,two egr valves and many rotors probly 4 sets, they tend to warp easly, and snaps lower ball joints so when you hear squeaks when you turn look out.it recenty droped a cylider. it also has a short turing radius.but i love the way it looks."

Love It!!

By on Sunday, November 11, 2007

"I had my 1997 Avenger since 1999 and did not want to part with it. My daughter, who lives with me, finally talked me out of it in 2006. She loves it also. Looks great; runs great!"

Never Want To Give It Up

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"I absolutely love this car and want it to last forever. I know someday it will need to be retired, but I don't want to. The ride is sporty, yet I raised two boys in it. They love the car too and fight over who gets it when I buy a new one. Comfortable, and handles like a dream around corners and on Highway.. Haven't had any major problems at all, typical oil changes, etc"

TRULY the *BEST VEHICHLE EVER*

By on Thursday, November 4, 2010

"I can't say enough about this car. I bought my 1st one Brand New in 1996. Very Low Maintenance! Very roomy(fit 3 kids in backseat comfortably)Very reliable, and has been a "LIFE SAVER" in a crash, More than once. I was invlolved in several severe crashes and due to the solid "TANK LIKE" body.. no severe injuries and was able to have this car for 10 years. I was hit once again & due to the damage exceeding car value, it was totaled. My kids & I owe our lives"Multiple" times over to this car and is PRICELESS in my book. I knew I had to find another, as this car was 2nd to none in an accident. Literally! But this car is very hard to find. We found a 1999 4 years ago, like new condition and with extremely low miles. This car has proved Safety is #1! Ive been hit several times in this car as well and the faith Ive had in this cars safety, came through once again! I truly hope I'll be lucky enough to find another one...IF & When the need arrises. BEST CAR in 14 years..... I CAN'T SPEAK HIGHLY ENOUGH of this cars SAFETY, LOOKS, RELIABILITY, ROOMINESS & OVERALL FEATURES. Would HIGHLY RECOMMEND... "IF" you can find one! :)"

Faulty Door Handle Design

By on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"The only consistant problem I have had with this car are the door handles. The design is poor and they evently break leaving you to replace them. This is the only conplaint I have had with the car, everything else has been reliable and have not had any major issues to deal with."

14 years, 215,000 miles!!!!

By on Monday, March 30, 2009

"I never thought that this or any car would have lasted me 14-15 years. The best part is that it still runs very well. Although I no longer am confident in driving it for long trips (120 miles or more), it's just fine for local trips. Only had to tow it once since I've had it. I have nothing bad to say about it. Best car I've ever had."

slow but good in snow

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"The best car I have ever driven in the snow, probably because it was so heavy and didn't have enough power to spin the tires. Slowest car I have ever owned as well."