2014 Chrysler Town & Country Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,444 - $30,892.

10/6.9

7.3

Based on 388 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    7.3/10
    7.5/10

Versitile work horse, Does everything I need .

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "Does everything with ease. Fun to drive"

Cons: "Leather does not cover the very edges of the seats"

"I have a handycapped family member and need to carry a wheel chair most of the time. I cannot imagine life without a minivan. When I need seats to carry people I have them...when I need room to carry stuff I have that. Everything at a push of a button. I have nearly 40,0000 miles on My Town and Country Limited. My ONLY repair has been new break pads at 30,000 miles. Not one other single problem. The car gets great gas mileage 30 MPG on trips and 22 MPG in town. Very comfortable and good looking Minivan. Love it."

Love the way it drives, and all of its features

By on Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pros: "Great Value"

"I feel so happy with my purchase. The drive is great, the van handles so well. Also love all the features. I feel like I got real value for my money. It feels like real quality inside also. Not cheap like its competition felt for me inside. LOVE the van and would and have recommended to my sister."

WOW - Best Minivan I've ever owned or driven

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Great overall value"

Cons: "Driver's power seat control is confusing."

"Lots of utility with stow-&-go middle seating and power folding 3rd seat. Also has power rear door. Great ride and lots of power and get gas mileage in the high 20's while cruising at highway speeds. Backup camera and display is best I have ever seen - I tried them all and it's much better than Toyota, Honda, Ford, or GM. I liked the fact that I could order the van the way I wanted it - not like Honda or Toyota where you have to take what they make and pay for lots of bling that you don't want. I'll drive this van till the wheels fall off."

Best family vehicle!

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "great price, power second row windows, very roomy!"

Cons: "second row cup holders don't work with cans."

"This is the second Town & Country that I've owned. It just keeps getting better and better. The gas mileage is fantasic for this size vehicle. Highway between 28 and 30 mpg. I love the convenience of stow and go when I have something larger to move. With a seven person family it has plenty of room. My favorite feature is the second row windows go down. You just can't beat that in a mini van. The center console is fantasic. You can role down the front windows with your key fob, which lets some of the heat out before you get in. Mine has blind side detectors which is a great safety feature. A small light comes on in your side mirrors letting you know someone is there. I always look over my shoulder when changing lanes and also glance to see if the light is on just to be safe. I would highly recommend. I have had absolutely no problems with the engine, doors breaking or anything else that I've read in other reviews. This is a very sturdy van."

Aside from brake pads going out all the time...

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun, fully-loaded, comfortable ride!"

Cons: "TERRIBLE brake pad issues!"

"This van rocks! Brake pads are a MAJOR issue - the ONLY issue we have had! Everything has been fantastic. Love stowaway seats, power everything, satellite TV, heated seats, 2 TV screens and more! Love it for our family of 5 :)"

average van.

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "awesome interior. a lot of extras for the price."

Cons: "Depreciates very fast."

"We chose this van over the toyota sienna. You get A LOT more bang for your buck on options but not quality. After owning it for one year it depreciated very quickly."

great van, great mpg

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

Pros: "great road vehicle"

"new battery and tires, seat are hideable"

Really love the thing

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Good as a car, fine for cargo."

Cons: "No cons."

"We have had this van for 5 years. It drives like a regular car. We just don't need such a large vehicle any more. We have all its paper work. A treasure."

Just as good as a Honda and alot cheaper.......

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Good value in the Mini van market."

Cons: "Haven't found any yet."

"I have owned this vehicle since Feb. of 2011 and it never sits still. We thought about buying a Honda but we bought our second T&C instead and we don't regret the choice. Why spend 7 to 8 grand more to get 2 grand back later on a trade. The T&C has more options and for a lot less money and if you worried about it being a Chrysler buy an extended warranty and you will still pay less than if you bought a smaller Honda."

Excellent van. Would most likely buy another one.

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"This vehicle is great for long trips and holds a lot of people and cargo. Fuel mileage is OK. Grandkids love the DVD player."

Among the best cars I've owned over the last 45 yr

By on Monday, June 03, 2013

Pros: "Form, function, reliability EXCELLENT"

Cons: "Boxy appearance."

"Appearance is a bit boxy, but in terms of function, reliability, and comfort, it's a TEN! I've owned Fords (which I love), Chevys, Chryslers, a Plymouth, Pontiacs, a BMW, a Volvos, and a Fiat. This car competes with all of them. Problem free, except the direction light on the right mirror keeps falling off. Could be poor design, or parking lot damage. Either way, annoying as can be. Buy the maintenance package...worth every nickel."

Car love, 2003 T&C Limited

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Serene driving experience, easy on me"

Cons: "No mileage improvement in 10 years? Why not?"

"This car has been reliable, spacious, even now, in 2013 features still not offered on many cars. I've especially enjoyed the remote control tailgate when loading groceries and the remote sliding doors on the backseats. This is a great car and, as a female buyer, I plan to buy the new 2013. I want the fold-down seats that fold flat into the floor. Love the convenience of bringing home a piece of furniture or long distance trips with room to stretch out. I shop the market when buying and have kept this car because there isn't anything nicer, including the big luxury sedans that keep shrinking. So, as I now part with it for the fold-into-the-floor seats, I bet the next owner will fall in love with it too."

38k Miles & Lovin' It!

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Great Price (if purchased used) and Features"

Cons: "Gas mileage is 22Hwy 19City"

"This is a great car. I bought it used, which saved over $10k and makes me feel a bit better since it'll depreciate at a slower rate than if I had purchased it new. The van drives great. Even in snow and ice it never feels out of control (unilke our old Mazda minivan). On dry pavement and even rougher roads it rides very smooth and quiet. The standard features are great. We've uploaded most of our iTunes collection onto the 30GB hard drive (a standard feature for all version) and enjoy the quality of the stereo. Overall, we've enjoyed our T&C very much and saved thousands versus the Honda or Toyota. Very pleased."

Very satisfactory-Great for long distance driving.

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "Great for long distance driving"

Cons: "MPG-interior color-road noise"

"A good vehicle with few major negatives. The light gray interior looks cheesy: black is best but not available in this year. Gas mileage on the smaller engine could be better. At 60 mph on flat interstate 24 mpg is possible. Around town 14 is the best possible. Power could be better as it shifts too often uphills and loose slows whiel on cruise going up hills. There is very little engine compression for breaking with transmission on long downhill runs. The dual DVDs are a complete waste of time, space and money for us but the swivel and go seats are comfortable. Avoid the Stow n Go if you will be driving long distances. Road noise is a little loud but not distracting - could be quieter with better engineering. In spite of all that, I do like the vehicle and would buy another."

Couldn't be more pleased!!!

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Great interior, Great Value"

Cons: "Side visability is a problem on rare occassions"

"I really couldn't be more pleased with my purchase! First the dealer was very kind and knowledgeable about this vehicle and the three trim levels. I test drived the three top rated minivans and found very little difference between all models. However, in my opinion I find the Town"

Best vehicle ever...........ever

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "All features work, good visibility,comfy seats"

Cons: "None yet, except for deleting the AWD option"

"I am big and fat and this vehicle is so easy to enter and exit. It has been very dependable and runs as good as the day I bought it. Stow'n Go seating let's me flatten out the cargo deck to load up for my Florida move every winter and still have my seats when I get to Florida. The highway drive is so comfy I've driven 16 plus hours no problem. The van is heavy and holds the road yet gets great gas mileage for all it is. The sound system combined with SAT Sirius is so pleasurable with strong signal strength and great genre. I've been driving Chyrsler minivans since 1986 except for a stint with a new Mercedes E320 that I preferred less than the Town"

I love this van!

By on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pros: "Great price compared to Honda and Toyota. Reliable, decent mileage, comfortable, spacious, flexible."

"I bought this van new in March, 2008. I use it mostly for long trips and hauling stuff from Home Depot/Lowes, etc. I am 6'6" and I enjoy the legroom and headroom this vehicle offers. On the freeway, I just set the cruise control and steer. My wife occassionally crawls into the back on long trips, and with the second row seats stored she can lay down and exercise. It's great for the space it provides and the versatility of the different seat configurations. I highly recommend this van and will buy another in a year or two."

NEVER BUY ANOTHER ONE

By on Saturday, July 09, 2011

Pros: "like the looks of it other than that nothing"

Cons: "Not a well made van at all."

"Nothing but problem after problem with this van. Brakes every 4-6months, 5 set of new tires on it, rotaters, barrings, transmittion going out with no warning at all."

gas mileage

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"We went from a suv to this van not only for the room but also for the reliability. The only problem I have is the gas mileage. It seems that we get the same gas mileage with the van as we did with our V8 suv! Not happy with that."

Good Minivan

By on Saturday, May 23, 2009

"Have a 2009 T&C Limited for 2 months. My wife has only about 1000 miles on it. We chose the Chrysler because it's only minivan I'm comfortable in. I'm big guy. The Limited came with all the options we wanted. My wife loves it. The ride is smooth, and everyone is comfortable in all seats. Looks good too. Got a great deal. One drawback is there no longer any dealers nearby! I have to go about 20 minutes away to my nearest dealer."

Awesome Van!

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"We previously owned a 1998 version and didn't have any problems with it. Have had our 2008 model for about six months and absolutely love it! All the features are what you would expect from a vehicle that costs a whole lot more! I especially love the DVD system for the kids and the roomy interior. The only problem we have is a intermittent "squeaky" sound that we hear that appears to be coming from the rear passenger sliding door...other than that, a great buy!"

Nice performance but cheap interior appointments

By on Sunday, April 19, 2009

"I purchased the 2008 LX used two months ago (was from a rental fleet). Positives noted to date: comfortable driver and passenger seats, and second row Stow N Go seats; adequate power for flat country with 3.3 V8; good handling. Negatives to date: cheap interior plastic; severly inclined third row seats; excessive road noise"

By on Wednesday, April 08, 2009

"traded in a much better vehicle than i bought. this vehicle is under powered(3.8) noisey and trans.is hard to put in gear at times.had to return to dealer at 2000 miles to have front end realigned.no help from dealer to resolve these problems."

Great family vehicle

By on Thursday, April 02, 2009

"A great vehicle and our second Chrysler/Dodge van. Bought first one in 1995 and my teenager is now driving it. Never broke down. The only repairs done was the fuel pump. Have had our new T&C for over a year and performs like a champ. The only issue is road noise under high wind conditions"

Love the van

By on Sunday, March 29, 2009

"I have owned this van for almost 2 years. Have had NO problems with it at all. It is comfortable and easy for us to get in and out of. I did not go with all the bells and wistles. Perhaps this is why I have had no problems. My dad says the cars with more electronic stuff go bad faster.... I read in another review that the windows in the back don't go down. If you want that, don't buy a minivan! The only problem we have is that the distance between the front seat and second seat is definately short on leg space. Obviously designed for a child. My 2 year old son in his car seat has little room for his feet if the pasenger is seated far enough back to be comfortable. I usually sit there and just don't lean back at all. Other than that, the van is perfect. We use it for everything from hauling big screens to vacation. One other annoying thing is the back seat removes, but is very heavy and bulky - it is not a one person job. If I had it to do over I'd get the stow and go option - definately worth the extra $$. I was worried about the front wheel drive in the snow, having owned a Jeep before. Not a problem so far through 2 winters..."