2013 Chrysler Town & Country Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,265 - $29,302.

10/7.0

7.2

Based on 345 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Excellent van. Would most likely buy another one.

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"This vehicle is great for long trips and holds a lot of people and cargo. Fuel mileage is OK. Grandkids love the DVD player."

great experience so far

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "stow and go, high mpg, quiet, unlimited mile warra"

Cons: "does not handle like a Boxster, its a minivan!"

"I rented the Toyota and drove a Honda first. They all drive the same: they are minivans. "Stow & Go" utility sealed the deal. I plan to keep the T&C for a long time and have the unlimited miles warranty; not available on the H or T. My past experience with three Chryslers has been very good reliability-wise. I did own a Toyota for seven years (and a Maxima too). They were it my humble opinion uninspired average cars and had problems. I'm an objective mechanical engineer and not brainwashed on Japanese quality. The T&C gets 30-31 mpg on the highway when driven 5 over. It's rattle-free and quiet. The NAV and sound system are great. Fit and finish good. Zero issues so far but also only 8K miles."

Among the best cars I've owned over the last 45 yr

By on Monday, June 03, 2013

Pros: "Form, function, reliability EXCELLENT"

Cons: "Boxy appearance."

"Appearance is a bit boxy, but in terms of function, reliability, and comfort, it's a TEN! I've owned Fords (which I love), Chevys, Chryslers, a Plymouth, Pontiacs, a BMW, a Volvos, and a Fiat. This car competes with all of them. Problem free, except the direction light on the right mirror keeps falling off. Could be poor design, or parking lot damage. Either way, annoying as can be. Buy the maintenance package...worth every nickel."

piece of junk multiple problems

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "so irritated with car, can't say anything good"

Cons: "multiple"

"transmission problems, sliding doors a major problem, many other problems"

I always swore that I would never drive a van.....

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "Great features, automatic sliding doors and hatch"

"This vehicle is everything I could have hoped for. I have 2 small kiddos and the sliding doors are a dream come true. With the remote, I can slide open doors or the back hatch. The seats fold down easily for extra space as well. If and when this van quits me, I will purchase another one just like it! I have had no issues with the motor and it is a smooth ride."

Love It and GREAT GAS Mileage

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

"I have owned my Chrysler Town and Country for 4+years and absolutely love it and so do my kids. All their friends can pile in from baseball and football games and etc.. and go get pizza without any problems. It is great on gas mileage and doesn't take as much to fill it up as the SUVs. It is such a win win situation with this van. I can't say enough about it, and no Im not a granmother I am 28yo and I am considered the cool mom! Thanks."

Best value for luxury

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

"2nd T&C kept the 2002 and traded a buick."

Very good trasportation.

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

"Love the stow and go feature."

Great Minivan

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Price, performance, styling."

Cons: "Lesser resale value."

"Our family purchased a 2006 T&C (new), liked it and decided to purchase a 2012 model because of overall value. The Chrysler T&C L model has been completely upgraded: powertrain, transmission, amenities and performance. It seems that Daimler-Benz (who owned Chrysler for several years) did a thorough re-make of this category standard mechanically and aesthetically. Our 2006 drives and rides like a truck (which it is, essentially). But, the 2012 drives and rides like a large sedan. And, despite the larger motor in the 2012, it gets substantially better MPG's; especially on the highway (2006 gets ~22 mpg, 2012 gets ~27 mpg). Note: we use cruise control frequently. We have two young sons and the "creature features" in our 2012 meet all their "needs". And, gone are the removable seats (2006 model) and "in" are the "stow-n-go" fold-down seats (2012 model). Huge improvement! Lastly, pricing for what you get is extremely competitive (2012) versus Honda and Toyota. Although, the latter makers still command slightly higher resale values down the road. So, you just have to weigh that trade off out. Great ride! Great value!"

Love this Minivan!

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful interior - well made -"

Cons: "Turns are a little wide"

"What is not to love about this minivan. Very spacious inside. Love the smooth leather seats. Mine is black with light grey stitching which really stands out. The radio is a little further away then my previous car, but I have controls on my steering wheel and I will gladly trade that space for all the extra room. Love the stow and go seats. Can fit so much in this van. The 2nd and third row captain seating has much more room then other minivans which is perfect for growing kids. Plenty of head room."

Car love, 2003 T&C Limited

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Serene driving experience, easy on me"

Cons: "No mileage improvement in 10 years? Why not?"

"This car has been reliable, spacious, even now, in 2013 features still not offered on many cars. I've especially enjoyed the remote control tailgate when loading groceries and the remote sliding doors on the backseats. This is a great car and, as a female buyer, I plan to buy the new 2013. I want the fold-down seats that fold flat into the floor. Love the convenience of bringing home a piece of furniture or long distance trips with room to stretch out. I shop the market when buying and have kept this car because there isn't anything nicer, including the big luxury sedans that keep shrinking. So, as I now part with it for the fold-into-the-floor seats, I bet the next owner will fall in love with it too."

Top In Segment

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Stow N' Go, Price.."

Cons: "...."

"I reviewed all brands before my purchase,and what I found was third party websites trumping the Honda and the Toyota. With identical features between the three vans, Honda and Toyota came in four to five thousand dollars higher. Even with those prices being higher I could not find the value for the price increase. What I recommend for everyone that reads this is to go out drive and price all of them and see who comes out on top."

Very dangerous valve stem problem.

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "none"

Cons: "Valve Stem falls off"

"Do not purchase this vehicle. There is a very dangerous valve stem design on the town and country. I have owned this vehicle for about 2 years and have had to replace 2 of the valve stems within a year. It literally corroded off the tire into my hand while filling it with air at the gas station. When it comes off the tire deflates. I have read countless complaints from people with the same issue. Some people had it happen to them while driving, causing an accident. This part has not been recalled and is very pricey to replace. BEWARE for yours and your family's safety. I will be trading in my vehicle this weekend."

3.8 engine

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "great ride."

Cons: "check your oil!"

"I have the 3.8 that has the mysterious oil loss. Not burning it, not leaking it. Just losing it somewhere. Not happy with the forums I have read on this engine. Would not recommend this engine to anyone that doesn't maintain their own vehicle. The first time I knew there was a problem, the oil light came on when we pulled into the driveway. Oil was not even on the dipstick. 3 1/2 quarts later, I had the oil registering on the dipstick. Otherwise I love the van. Perfect for my family of 5 and a small dog."

Nothing but a headache

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "decent ride and relatively comfortable"

Cons: "always at the dealer and not reliable"

"This van has been to the dealer constantly because the blind spot monitoring system is always malfunctioning. They cannot find the problem and it's been almost 3 years! The transmission fluid is dirty already despite only light highway use (29k miles). When you turn on the heater or a/c there is a chirping sound in the fan motor. Brake pads need replaced already. The little things like this will drive you crazy! We wonder what's going to go wrong next. This thing will be GONE before the warranty is up. Buying this vehicle is only inviting a headache. Keep looking."

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

I want this car

"Started to look at crossovers (Chevy Traverse, Ford Explorer, Buick Enclave...too much money, and GMC Acadia...also too much money) Never thought I would drive a minivan then I had to fly to go to my nephew's funeral. Didn't make the reservation for the rental car and all they had left were minivans or SUVs. We chose the minivan and we got the Town and Country very nice car and many standard features (leather and DVD. Got an older model though. The crossovers were too much money. Leather was very important and in the Traverse (the one we considered most) started at 30,000. Leather was availible in only higher models (2LT) starts at 42,000. Figured they were to much money and decided to go with another sedan. Then I remembered this car and I plan to get it soon."

38k Miles & Lovin' It!

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Great Price (if purchased used) and Features"

Cons: "Gas mileage is 22Hwy 19City"

"This is a great car. I bought it used, which saved over $10k and makes me feel a bit better since it'll depreciate at a slower rate than if I had purchased it new. The van drives great. Even in snow and ice it never feels out of control (unilke our old Mazda minivan). On dry pavement and even rougher roads it rides very smooth and quiet. The standard features are great. We've uploaded most of our iTunes collection onto the 30GB hard drive (a standard feature for all version) and enjoy the quality of the stereo. Overall, we've enjoyed our T&C very much and saved thousands versus the Honda or Toyota. Very pleased."

Best Van on the market!

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Stow-N-Go, Quiet, Smooth, Comfortable"

Cons: "Short warranty"

"My family and I looked at and test drove every minivan on the market. I had my heart set on a Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna, but the Chrysler T&C was by far the best of the bunch. The flexibility that stow-n-go offers for storage and loading large objects into the cabin without having to remove the seats from the vehicle is unmatched. The drive is smooth and quiet and the luxury/trim of the interior make it extremely comfortable. Additionally, the T&C has outstanding engineering that allows me to change my own oil and accomplish minor maintenance. I'd like to see Chrysler offer a long warranty on the vehicle, but it's current coverage is comparable to other manufacturers."

MY TRASH CAN IS MORE RELIABLE

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "GREAT TRASH CAN"

Cons: "IT WOULD TAKE A BOOK TO WRITE THEM ALL FOR YOU"

"BOUGHT CHRSLER T AND C EVER SINCE 1992 BOUGHT 2009 NOTHING BUT A PEICE OF JUNK. THERE ARE SO MANY PROBLEMS THAT IT WOULD TAKE ALL DAY TO TELL YOU. WARNING DO NOT JUST WALK, BUT RUN AWAY FROM THIS VAN OR ANY CHRYSLER PRODUCT AS FAST AS YOU CAN. THIS CAR SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A DEATH TRAP ON WHEELS. SHOULD BE BANNED IN THIS COUNTRY I HAD A 92 CHRYSLER T AND C PERFECT VAN HAD A 1998 T AND C GREAT VAN, 2002 T AND C PROBLEMS STARTED, 2009 T AND C A TRASH CAN ON WHEELS. I MISS MY 92 T AND C. IT HAD OVER 240,000 MILES ON IT WHEN I SOLD IT."

DANGER!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable"

Cons: "Death Trap"

"I own this vehicle and when we purchased it i loved everything. It is comfortable and vary sleek. The dvd is a big hit with my kids and the seating keeps them far enough apart to avoid car-fights. Then at about 35000 miles something went horribly wrong with the electronics. While I was driving the car acted like it had a poltergeist. The lights flashed on and off, all the dash warnings went off, the horn was honking, and my power seat began moving back and forth. At one point it moved me so far from the petals I could not reach the brakes. The vehicle was under warranty and I took it in and the dealer said that because they couldn't replicate the problem they couldn't fix it. They sent me home. Next the blind spot assist began to fail sporadically, the power doors stopped working from time to time then the car just all the sudden turned off while I was driving for no reason at all. I had a full tank and was luckily able to put it in park and restart before being hit by oncoming traffic. I opened a case with the manufacturer and they are still trying to send the car home with me without repairing anything because "the check engine light is not on" Not only is this car a death trap, the support Chrysler offers is despicable."

2008 was the worst model. Problems with everything

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "built in child seats"

Cons: "too many to list"

"I brought the car in 4 times in one year to fix the air that never work well after the first year. The car wont start it keeps saying wring or damage key for both keys. One key the open lock button wont open and the other key the lock button doesn't work.. The key falls out from the electronic casing. Side panels broke and pop out. The plastic casing pieces covering the sides of the chair fell off. folding chairs on the third row would get stuck. Tire sensors broke causing a constant error reading.Built in baby seats a plus but with all the recalls and defects its not worth more than 20000 fully loaded."

I have had problems with this van snce I drove it

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pros: "very roomy and nice extras"

Cons: "Seats need to be bigger and softer"

"I have had problems with this van since I drove it off the lot brand new in 2008. Now the ESP BAS light stays on and I only have 65,000 miles on it. I have had the radio and seat replaced 2x, the rubber moulding around windows, problems iwth the doors, the power steering hose needs replaced, the cylinder has misfired but the code goes on and off. The AC has went out 2x, The engine has always hesitated when you are going into drive from a slow or stopped state, or it tends to jump into gear. Chrysler has replaced most of these things but the ones that are left I have to pay for . I still have 2 years left to pay on this car at $600 per month and have no more warranty. This van is identical to the Dodge caravan, and 1/3 more in pricing. If I did it again I would have bought a Honda."

very over priced for the overall reliability

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pros: "sto and go feature is great works perfect."

Cons: "has a lot of rattles"

"After only a few months of owning this car it is in the shop as much as on the road. Cylinder miss fire, failing rubber around windows, acts as if transmission is slipping. Be sure you buy extended warranty you will need it. on the bright side engine has plenty of power when running correctly and tows my 10 foot cargo trailer great."

Very comfortable, good mpg and great utility.

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, quiet excellent Utility"

Cons: "Trans economy mode shifts hard."

"Drives great, quiet, smooth and very comfortable for both our family and our 2 black Labs. The front seat is extremely comfortable and to date we have had no major issues. First van after having several Jeep's in the past. After this experience we will probably never buy anything but a Chrysler mini van. On the highway we have acheived as high as 30mpg, not bad for a vehicle of this size and utility. We opted for the tow package and tow our 22 foot camper behind it and the Pentastar V6 pulls like a V8. This has exceeded our expectations. Nice job Chrysler, will be back for another in about a year and a half."

Terrible vehicle. Too many problems!

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "none"

Cons: "electrical system malfunctions plastic parts break"

"Review will not allow me to put in all the problems I've had with this car. Broken seats broken door handles bad brakes electrical problems complete piece of junk Chrysler will not honor their "maximum care" extended warranty."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25