1999 Chrysler Town & Country

8.0

Based on 263 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Good, reliable vehicle over all, except air cond.

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

"We bought this vehicle used from a national dealer and could no be happier with it. We drove it to work to go far away places, the mountains of Tennessee, full of people and never had a problem The only major thing was the air conditioner that it was very common in these vehicles, other than that, very satisfied, we have it for 11 years now and after almost 250000 miles, the transmission failed, but I think it was because we never serviced it. So give your car the required maintenance and it will last trouble free longer."

Fantastic ride

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "smooth ride, roomy interior"

Cons: "mileage about 16-20"

"Though the exterior has some dings, and the headliner is now hanging, this has been an excellent van. It is roomy, comfortable, and has the smoothest ride EVER! NOTHING can compare to the comfortable ride. Also, even after nearly 200,000 miles, it runs like a champ with very few minor repairs through the years."

Love this car!

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "beautiful, luxurious, dependable, comfortable"

Cons: "mpg"

"I bought this car used 10 years ago. It has been a wonderful car. I do oil changes and brakes and tires and have had a few other problems but overall it has been a great car. The AWD was great in the snow here in Colorado. The features were ahead of its time, like radio controls on the steering wheel and I love the cruise control that allows you to adjust 1 MPH up and down as you drive instead of cancelling cruise and resetting constantly when there is traffic on the highway. It was very roomy for family road trips. I have never had a problem with the transmission and I'm at 177K miles now. Just a very comfortable, luxurious feel. I will miss it as I downsize to get better mpg."

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "AWD Great on snowy roads."

Cons: "Third seat doesn't lay flat."

"This car has been driven by mature adults only. It was in one under 5 mi an hour fender bender. Hood and front bumper were replaced. Radiator was replaced in 2012. It has a small amount of rust on thre rocker panel on one side. This vechile has been maintained on a regular basis."

Got my money out of it, then put a lot back in!

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Good ride, tough interior, 3.3 flex rocks"

Cons: "Typical Chrysler tranny, lots of repair after 120k"

"I've owned my share of Chrysler minivans. (An '88 '89,'90, '93, '95, two '00, and now an '07). This one is the one I owned the longest, buying it in '03 with 42k miles. I hauled a lot of HEAVY gear on many occasions. It did well until about 120k miles, then it really started costing me money. I fixed the heat, the water pump, timing chain, the power steering pump (3x), the belt tensioner (3x), etc.. and then finally, the transmission. Over the course of two and a half years, I put nearly $6000 into repairs into the old gal, but the interior was still like new, and the engine itself, (3.3 flex) didn't burn a drop. When I got a great deal on an '07, at 160k miles, I gave this one to my daughter, who has three young kids and needed a van. She drove it until 190k, reliably, but the rust is starting to eat the body around the rear tires. But hey, what do you expect from driving 14 years of SD winters? She is now giving it to another family member, who will undoubtedly drive it for another couple of years, as the engine and transmission are both still very strong. I have no regrets about buying this van, knowing what I put it through."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler Town & Country near Honolulu. See local deals