1996 Chrysler Town & Country

8.0

Based on 268 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Great Family Veh

By on Monday, July 09, 2007

"I purchesed this Minivan used and with 120,000 miles to be able to carry my four Grandkids around when I can get them all at the same time. It performs much higher than I would have ever hoped and it is very comfortable for all passengers. And not bad on gas mileage."

Done everything I've asked and more

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"I bought my van when my kids were still in school. It served well as a standard-use "mom-mobile" for years. It has also helped those same kids when they moved out on their own, holding more stuff than I would have imagined. We've used it for family vacations (back when there were 5 people and a chocolate lab!), and it always performed wonderfully! It drives well, and is comfortable, in addition to just be a reliable, great vehicle!"

Great road-trip / family / gear hauling car

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, reliability, utility"

Cons: "mediocre gas mileage, effective birth control"

"Bought new in 2000, no problems or significant repairs, just routine maintenance. Runs like a top; never stranded. ---- It doesn't seem like a 13-yr-old car! It's starting to show minor signs of age: the visor rotates when I want it to stay put; an instrument panel light goes out until I tap it (lighting the rear window wiper controls). ---- Like many minivans, every brake job requires replacing rotors. They're too thin and so warp and can't be turned. ---- I get 21 MPG on my daily commute, 1/3 city 2/3 hwy. I get 22 on hwy, or 21 with windsurfer on top (at 75 mph). But I drive like your grandmother. Most folks will get lower mileage. Typical is more like 16 city / 19 hwy. ---- It's the most comfortable vehicle I've ever had, especially for a 4-adult road trip. The 2nd row bucket seats are nearly as comfortable as the front. The heated front seats are great when it's cold. (That came only with leather; otherwise I'd have cloth.) ---- Removing the 3rd seat is doable for me as a 56-yr-old man with a good back, though I don't like to carry it far. It and the 2nd row buckets fold in half, but not to a flat smooth surface like some SUVs. Suitable for my purposes, but you do want to take all 3 seats out to get a 4x8 plywood sheet in (or else move the front seats all the way up, tilted way forward -- I just did this and was glad it was a short trip.) ---- The body panels for 2000 were too flat, and tend to get minor bump-ins. They fixed this on later models, adding more curve to make it stronger. That said, nobody ever notices it. You can see it in reflections, if you pay attention. ---- It's a minivan and drives like a minivan. Jeremy Clarkson would not be impressed. But for the price of these cars used, they're an incredible bargain, being highly reliable, comfortable, with high utility for hauling or packing in the kids. If it got better mileage it'd be perfect."

My best vehicle ever owned

By on Saturday, January 02, 2016

Pros: "Super versatile, good on gas, very comfortable."

Cons: "No cup holders for the middle seats."

"I have owned this car for many years and she is still going strong! Just started rusting in the last 2 years or so, but I don't wash it very often and I live in northern michigan so I see a lot of salt. Replaced the alternator and there are some electrical issues with the back ww so we disconnected it. Had to replace the struts(?) but again... live in the north and there are a ton of dirt roads and pot holes. Love how roomy it is. I took out the middle seats and moved the bench up, now it's like a truck and a car. I have moved just about everything with this! When I eventually replace this it will be will another one!"

Safe reliable car. Poor gas mileage.

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "SAFE, fun, easy to drive, easy on the eye."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage in city. Thats about it."

"LOVE this car! Have had it for 3 years now, and have had to do the regular repairs on a car of its age ex. New alternator and battery a muffler and new belt. Although the all-wheel drive is great in the winter and has gotten me out of many jams.. I would opt out and go for the front wheel drive for gas mileage reasons. Anyway LOVE LOVE LOVE the car and would recommend it to anyone who likes the feel of driving a car but needs the convenience of a minivan."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler Town & Country near Honolulu. See local deals