2001 Chrysler Sebring

7.4

Based on 873 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

7.6/10

Can't beat it for a top down bargain

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Low cost - reliability - simple & comfortable"

Cons: "Top up driving = squeeks & rattles"

"Bought my 2001 Sebring LX in 2008 w/20k miles from an estate sale, have put 65k miles on it since with minimal issues. LX is the base model, but it has enough features to be comfortable, but not luxurious. One of few 4 passenger convertible with a relativley usable back seat as well. I adore the car when the sun is out & the top is down, but must admit it's a lot less fun when the top is up as it rattles & creaks over any rough surface. It's very peppy for a small (2.7L) V-6, gets a decent 25 mpg average, handles well due to the low center of gravity, and has never left me stranded. Would love to drive her into the ground for a few more years, but in need of a four door for work & will be selling her soon (sadly)."

Hands down - this is my favorite car!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, 25-30 MPG on the highway"

Cons: "interior lighting, bk seat space, a/c leaks inside"

"I bought the car I really wanted when I bought my Sebring convertible. It's a nice looking car, cool to drive, and there was room in the back seat for my kids. I love the body style, the leather and wood appointments, the cloth top, how solid it is, and, of course, the feeling of freedom and joy while driving with the top down. I've always been faithful with maintenance and oil changes. I know it's hard to find an article about Sebrings with a favorable review, but I've had a very different experience. I've been good to my Sebring, and it's been good to me."

I love this car....when it runs

By on Monday, July 7, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, turns heads, girls love it, nice mpg"

Cons: "breaks down a lot, no full size spare"

"I have had mine six months, and it has junked a new battery, needed an alternator, needed a starter, and bent a rod. I love this car, I really do, but don't buy one. She is a money pit like no other car I have ever owned. I don't wear her out. I keep her slow and baby her, but she keeps letting me down. Very fun to drive. It's a very smooth ride, handles well, and the interior is nice. It's fun to let the top down and take it for a spin when the sun is out, but it's not worth the headaches. Also last but not least, if you do have anything major go wrong with the car, it is such a pain to work on a lot of mechanic shops won't even touch it. I had 4 turn me down when I needed the rod fixed. I ended up finding a guy that would do it in exchange for handyman services. All in all, they are wonderful somewhat sporty, somewhat luxurious, and still economic cars, but you might as well take the couple grand you would put into this (and quite possible the couple more you would put into repairing it in the near future) and buy something else. I know I would if I could."

luxurious and fun

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "reasonably priced fun in the sun"

"very dependable, one mechanical problem in 9 years. rides smooth and comfortable, major fun with top down"

Ugh

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "It's a convertible..."

Cons: "Everything else."

"I loved this car for the first two years, then all of a sudden it was in the shop a couple times a month. I spent over $2000 repairing different things the 3rd year and I was only at 55,000 miles. I was suppose to get another 20,000 miles out of the things that broke. One morning in my 4th Year of owning it I was trying to get to work when it wouldn't start. Wanted to but didn't. Inconveniently towed it and 2 days later was told there was nothing wrong with it. That was 4 months ago and it hasn't happened since, but how does thy make sense? It just didn't feel like starting? This car has caused me so much stress and aggravation. If you want this car don't buy it unless you're only keeping it for a few yrs."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler Sebring near Honolulu. See local deals