2001 Chrysler Sebring

7.4

Based on 862 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

7.6/10

Could not be happier with my Ltd Convertible

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, great MPG, Fun, Comfortable, great value"

Cons: "None yet"

"I purchased this 2004 Sebring Ltd convt.from orig. owner with 107,000 mi in 2012 and have put another 8,000 on it. I was looking for a convertible with good leg room in the back seat and large trunk and front wheel drive. The only thing the org. owner replaced on the car were the tires. I couldn't believe it...orig. brakes, batt., belts etc. He serviced the car regularly and took very good care of it. The car has a 2.7 V6 that gets 30mpg on highway and in the 20's in town. The oil looks like from a new engine. This car fit the bill and has been a delight to drive over the past 8 months...love it."

Reliable inexpensive coupe.

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable. Surprisingly quick for 3.0"

Cons: "Very little leg room in the back."

"Bought this car new, 9-15-00. It was made in Normal, Illinois at the Mitsubishi plant on the same production line as the Mitsubishi Eclipse. The Sebring LXi Coupe has the same chassis and drive train as the 2001 Eclipse GT. In the 13.5 years that I have had this car, I have only had to replace 1 fuel injector and clean the air idle valve and throttle plate once. Replaced 3 driving light bulbs, one brake light bulb and 2 head light bulbs. Other than the fuel injector it has been extremely reliable. The gas mileage is the same as when it was new. 18 to 21 city, 25 to 29 highway. It has seen only 5w30 full synthetic oil and changed every 4500 miles."

Can't beat it for a top down bargain

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Low cost - reliability - simple & comfortable"

Cons: "Top up driving = squeeks & rattles"

"Bought my 2001 Sebring LX in 2008 w/20k miles from an estate sale, have put 65k miles on it since with minimal issues. LX is the base model, but it has enough features to be comfortable, but not luxurious. One of few 4 passenger convertible with a relativley usable back seat as well. I adore the car when the sun is out & the top is down, but must admit it's a lot less fun when the top is up as it rattles & creaks over any rough surface. It's very peppy for a small (2.7L) V-6, gets a decent 25 mpg average, handles well due to the low center of gravity, and has never left me stranded. Would love to drive her into the ground for a few more years, but in need of a four door for work & will be selling her soon (sadly)."

tired of the same old problem

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Pros: "seemed good for the price but not with this continued problem"

Cons: "car leaks on passenger side"

"I purchased this car in March, 2010. Drove and rode really nice then. Over the summer I noticed that every time it would rain the passenger side floor would be damp. Until one day I was driving in a downpour and ended up with puddles on the passenger side floor. I proceeded to take the car to a dealership who said the main seal on the passenger side needed replaced, $400.00 later it seemed ok. Until this summer I again noticed the passenger side floor getting wet again....back to the dealership and after 3 days they determined it was the seal around the front passenger door, another $300.00 later it seemed ok. They assured me they ran water over the car for hours and no leaks.... drove in the rain last night and guess what???? Passenger side floor is wet again!!! The dealership will be getting a call on Tuesday."

luxurious and fun

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "reasonably priced fun in the sun"

"very dependable, one mechanical problem in 9 years. rides smooth and comfortable, major fun with top down"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler Sebring near Honolulu. See local deals