2000 Chrysler Sebring

7.7

Based on 370 Ratings for the 1995 - 2000 models.

Great, dependable car

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive with the top down. A "babemobile.""

Cons: "Can't think of any. I'm a happy owner."

"I bought my 2000 Sebring Jxi Limited in 2004 with 8000 miles on it. I previously owned a 1998 Jx. The 2000 now has 60,000 miles on it. I have given it normal maintenance, replaced tires and battery once. It sits outside (no garage) 24 hours per day. Not recommended to do to a convertible, but I have no choice. Upstate winter weather is pretty rough, lots of salt, and I drive it to work every day, year around. No problem with the top, no leaks, no maintenance req'd. I get 20 mpg driving around town. Seldom do long-distance driving. I change the oil and lube it once per year. Had to replace the wheels when the plating came off. Rear leather seat is a bit too soft, and my dog's toenails have punched a couple of small holes in it. Wiring, computer display, sound system (including multi CD player), windows, locks, and power seat all work flawlessly. No complaints. A design change around 2004 ruined the trunk capacity when the top is down. Don't have that problem with the 2000 model. If you want a sporty car, with excellent durability, get a pre-2004 Limited model. I'm totally happy. Expect to keep it for several more years."

First Car

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Great Mileage, Sleak look, Pretty Fast"

Cons: "Front End Weak, Bad electronics system"

"I owned this car for 3 years because thats all i could take. It was awesome for awhile then the problems started. These cars are famous for really bad front ends, mine was no different. The front ball joints, tie rods, sway bars, etc. all broke. I had to spend thousands on replacements and it still caused problems. After awhile the whole electronic system was messing up causing the car to die. If you buy this car make sure it is already well off and prepare to replace the front end."

Great vehicle

By on Sunday, September 27, 2009

"I purchased in 2004 w/54k miles, put 130k miles on it, did regular maintenance at 100k (timing, tune up, belts, gaskets, ox. sensors, transmission flush, etc.) and it still runs like a champ. The roof is finally wearing out on the edges and at the window seams in the back. Had to re-solder the rear defog to the window every year (expect it if you put the roof down a lot), but a simple task. Getting ready to pass it on, but for the $5.5k I paid for it, I've certainly got my money's worth! Go into this car knowing it's not a high end vehicle, but runs great if cared for well. Like all Sebrings, the front end was always wobbly with nothing wrong. Great for long drives. Ok trunk space. Put a hitch on and it hauled my small canoe trailer just fine. Original stereo outstanding still."

My First Car!!!!, Its pretty darn good!!!

By on Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, reliable, safe, sporty"

Cons: "I havent experienced any so far"

"I recently bought a 96 chrysler sebring lxi and i love it!. It's safe, reliable, and I like the way it looks too. Only for about 2200"

Has Been The Best Car Ever

By on Thursday, April 17, 2008

"Bought my 2000 Sebring JXI new in 2000. I have now had the car for 8 years. The car has been an awesome vehicle. I now have 104,836 miles. I have changed the oil myself at least every 3,000 miles, now I am changing the oil at every 2,800 miles just for a good PM program. The car has never let me down, I have had all the scheduled maintenance done as recommended by the dealership and owner's manual. I have replaced three batteries, one new set of tires, one new set of brakes, just had the tie rods replaced and the front wheel bearings, spark plugs, trans flush, coolant flush, injectors cleaned, basic maintenance for a car with over 100,000 miles. I can't say enough about this car, looks like it just came off the show room floor, and the Infinity Premium sound system is truely awesome. I highly recommend this car, anyone who has one will probably say the same. I am a car buff, this is my 16 th. vehicle I have purchased. I usually trade cars every 3 years, but not this one, this car is a keeper. Rides very smooth like a heavy sedan, but is also very sporty with just enogh get up and go with the 2.5 V6 engine. Usually average about 29 miles to the gallon on the highway."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler Sebring near Honolulu. See local deals