1995 Chrysler Sebring

7.7

Based on 361 Ratings for the 1995 - 2000 models.

Great Car, Great Value

By on Monday, August 30, 2010

"I bought mine used, had the common Crankshaft Sensor failure, (no Start condition). Replaced the sensor for $72, now it purrs like a kitten. At 161,000 miles, drives smooth, with plenty of power for a 2.5L V6, (I would love for it to have a Turbo, for that upper-end power). Overall, I have No complaints. TIPS: Keep the leather conditioned , perform regular maintenance, keep the Oil and Filters changed every 3500 miles, Belts and Hoses every 4 years, regardless of condition. If you buy it with high miles (over 100K), do not used fully synthetic oil as it will find every dry gasket and start to leak, use Natural Oil (I use Castrol GTX) 10w-30 winter and 20w-50 in the summer). If bought new, use recommended Weight, Mobile 1 or equivalent, Synthetic Oil from the start. Chrysler trannys are not the best but are OK. Help it live longer by changing Tranny filter and fluids every 30,000 miles. Never ignore that little Check Engine Light if it comes on, have it inspected soon. There's a reason for that light. And MOST importantly, never run anything less than 91 Octane fuel, stay away from the cheap gas with ethanol and this car should last many more years to come. With average fuel prices, 91 Octane runs .20 more per gallon. 10 gallons is only $2.00 more for better fuel, better mileage, better performance and a cleaner system. OgerFromMuskoger. Senior Automotive Technician (mechanic) for a Local telephone company and Automotive Restoration Specialist."

Great, dependable car

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive with the top down. A "babemobile.""

Cons: "Can't think of any. I'm a happy owner."

"I bought my 2000 Sebring Jxi Limited in 2004 with 8000 miles on it. I previously owned a 1998 Jx. The 2000 now has 60,000 miles on it. I have given it normal maintenance, replaced tires and battery once. It sits outside (no garage) 24 hours per day. Not recommended to do to a convertible, but I have no choice. Upstate winter weather is pretty rough, lots of salt, and I drive it to work every day, year around. No problem with the top, no leaks, no maintenance req'd. I get 20 mpg driving around town. Seldom do long-distance driving. I change the oil and lube it once per year. Had to replace the wheels when the plating came off. Rear leather seat is a bit too soft, and my dog's toenails have punched a couple of small holes in it. Wiring, computer display, sound system (including multi CD player), windows, locks, and power seat all work flawlessly. No complaints. A design change around 2004 ruined the trunk capacity when the top is down. Don't have that problem with the 2000 model. If you want a sporty car, with excellent durability, get a pre-2004 Limited model. I'm totally happy. Expect to keep it for several more years."

with love it will treat you right

By on Thursday, November 19, 2009

"as the proud 3 year owner of a 98 jxi with 84k i will say you become something of a rudimentary mechanic owning it. i did a flush of the radiator to fix an intermittent coolant leak. i cleaned the drain plug holes to end the pooling of rain water in the rear passenger area (just leave those plugs out and it never fills up again). i have to say though aside from these few issues that i was able to rectify myself i have only had to pay for a battery (and install because you have to take the wheel off for it?) a tie rod end for 150 bucks and a stock michelin tire i got for 35 bucks installed thats it. i also installed a high end subwoofer audio system(in the spacious trunk) using the amazing stock stereo as the brain retaining the stock look and additional stock amp. that all being said it has never stranded me and with a little tlc and regular oil changes it is a great car that turns heads and has the look of something richer."

not worth buying

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

"My wife purchased our 1997 sebring convertible about a year ago. When we got it, it had 107k and a few minor dings. the car would not pass emissions due to bad piston rings. once repaired it did pass barely. It now has 126k on it and needs a new trans mission and the engine itself is failing once again. The v-6 model is great, but, the 4-cyl model that we have is not worth the tin it is made from. It does not control well around corners, it takes bumps like a kids wagon, everything in it rattles, I have already had to replace the roof due to a support beam breaking loose, and to top it off the car gets less gas mileage than my V-8."

My First Car!!!!, Its pretty darn good!!!

By on Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, reliable, safe, sporty"

Cons: "I havent experienced any so far"

"I recently bought a 96 chrysler sebring lxi and i love it!. It's safe, reliable, and I like the way it looks too. Only for about 2200"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler Sebring near Honolulu. See local deals