2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser

7.5

Based on 1404 Ratings for the 2001 - 2010 models.

2003 PT Nightmare was purchased in 08 still own

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "COOL LOOKING -"

Cons: "This was my PT Bruiser! And I got Bruised."

"When it first came out I wanted it badly, I am glad I waited to purchase this car, The first thing they had to replace was the Smog stuff that was under warranty, Then 3 months later I had to replace Air Conditioning metal hoses - A really bad design. cost over $600 to fix It still to this day keeps acting up. 2 years from purchasing and less than 100,000 miles the Transmission went out that was a $3600 charge and on top of that the Motor mounts broke $400 and since then I have replace a Cam sensor $100, Ignition sensor $100, Water pump Timing Belt $600.00, Air fan $150.00, Motor Fan assembly $650.00 - Totaling over $6200.00 in 4 years - I purchased for $5500 + traded my 1998 Dodge Caravan for it. Nice looking Car.. But A major LEMON when I bought it!!! They should use the body and put on a Toyota Prius drive train. I still own this car only because I have to much into it. and at least I know it's gonna work for a while. It should last me at least 100,000 mile.. The Transmission is under warranty."

Just bought my 3rd Cruiser!

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "reliable, sit up higher, economical, unique!"

Cons: "It's a cruiser, not a bruiser"

"Why did they stop making them? They don't look like every other vehicle on the road - they're unique. And maintenance has been a breeze; no surprises. A reliable vehicle that's fun to drive!"

Makes a great second car.

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "A good value for the money. Heating system."

Cons: "A/C not at its peak."

"Actually my wife's car (our second car) but I drive it often, and really enjoy the experience. Despite the high mileage, the interior is almost like new, and the exterior is very good. Still has a little zip to it; and the gas mleage is acceptable. No long trips with it; mostly short ones and in-town drives."

This car is a sad excuse for quality!

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Pros: "Drives fine."

Cons: "Worthless piece of junk."

"We bought this car used for our daughter. It had 34,000 miles on it. Transmission began acting up (jerks when slowing down to approximately 25mph). Just lately, it has started dying on me while driving down the highway. I have to coast over to the side, turn the key off and restart. Sometimes it starts right back up and other times it will do nothing when you turn the key. It has to be turned several times to get it to start. I have googled these problems and this is a notorious problem with PT's (wish I had known before). People spend hundreds and more and the problem is never fixed. Chrysler warranty is not good if you are not the original owner. Needless to say I will never have another Chrysler product!!!!"

Bought used 3 years ago, still love it!

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "reliable, stylish, spacious, sturdy, value"

Cons: "wide turns, could be more comfy, vibrations"

"I paid 4,500$ cash at a used dealer 3 years ago, it's depreciated about 1000$ since then (dealership value anyway, not trade-in or private sale value) Not bad for a 10 year old car that i have done a lot of driving on. Overall I am very happy with the way the car preforms. I've put 35,000ish miles on the car since owning it (bought it with 180K on it). I was aware it was a high mileage, but the quality of the interior and the carfax showed that it had been owned by one person who took very good care of it. My largest repair expenses have been replacing the timing belt (900$, which was scheduled maintenance for the mileage of the car, not something that broke), new tires (450$) and a new power window panel for the center console (200$). The car has never broken down and left me on the side of the road, is a relatively quiet ride considering the small size and low-riding frame, and tends to get pretty good gas mileage for a car that is almost 11 years old, and heavy for it's size. I know there are new cars that get 30+ MPG but those weren't in my price range, so i've been happy with the average 22 MPG I get. (I've tracked the mileage i get out of a full tank several times, and it is a combination of city and highway driving, as I do both on a regular basis). The cargo space you get out of such a tiny car is awesome, I just wish the seats were a little more comfortable. The car does have an annoyingly wide turning radius, which took awhile to get used to when I got the car. The steering wheel vibrates when the car gets up to 50 mph+, which also took some adjusting to. After reading reviews that said the same thing and having a 'clean bill of health' from my mechanic, i've come to accept thats just something the car does. One of my favorite things about the car is the dark gray/tan/silver interior that still looks stylish a decade after the car was made. The colors hide dirt well, and can be easily cleaned. I've seen some other PTs that have a different interior, might be because I have a touring edition? not sure. Overall this car has been a good value, and costs have been manageable and predictable maintenance, not unexpected failures on the car's part."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler PT Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals