2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser

7.4

Based on 1377 Ratings for the 2001 - 2010 models.

7.6/10

2003 PT Nightmare was purchased in 08 still own

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "COOL LOOKING -"

Cons: "This was my PT Bruiser! And I got Bruised."

"When it first came out I wanted it badly, I am glad I waited to purchase this car, The first thing they had to replace was the Smog stuff that was under warranty, Then 3 months later I had to replace Air Conditioning metal hoses - A really bad design. cost over $600 to fix It still to this day keeps acting up. 2 years from purchasing and less than 100,000 miles the Transmission went out that was a $3600 charge and on top of that the Motor mounts broke $400 and since then I have replace a Cam sensor $100, Ignition sensor $100, Water pump Timing Belt $600.00, Air fan $150.00, Motor Fan assembly $650.00 - Totaling over $6200.00 in 4 years - I purchased for $5500 + traded my 1998 Dodge Caravan for it. Nice looking Car.. But A major LEMON when I bought it!!! They should use the body and put on a Toyota Prius drive train. I still own this car only because I have to much into it. and at least I know it's gonna work for a while. It should last me at least 100,000 mile.. The Transmission is under warranty."

A Mini Minivan - Great for a small family or big.

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Surprisingly cavernous inside."

Cons: "Not the best ergonmically."

"I bought this car as I needed a vehicle that could carry a lot but I didn't want a mini van or even larger vehicle. This really, really did the job. It surprised me tremendously on a regular basis as to what it could swallow. From days and days worth of computer parts (I used to do onsite repairs of computer/printers) to 6 foot plus rear seat passengers. My wife had three kids from a previous marriage. When given the choice between a Ford Taurus and the lil' PT Cruiser for a long trip, they chose Cruiser emphatically and without hesitation. (Two of her boys are OVER 6 foot!) We've lugged 11 foot Christmas trees on top, trees for our yard inside, concrete bags, yard and garden supplies, pets... you name it. The seating can be configured in multiple formats or even removed entirely. The front passenger seat fold flat and you can place a laptop on the back of the seat. If you drive conservatively you can see 30 MPG as I did in freeway driving when I had a long commute from home to work. I had one transmission repair at the very beginning covered under warranty but other than that the car has never left us stranded until after we had passed 100K. Terrific car, inside and out!!"

Makes a great second car.

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "A good value for the money. Heating system."

Cons: "A/C not at its peak."

"Actually my wife's car (our second car) but I drive it often, and really enjoy the experience. Despite the high mileage, the interior is almost like new, and the exterior is very good. Still has a little zip to it; and the gas mleage is acceptable. No long trips with it; mostly short ones and in-town drives."

Just bought my 3rd Cruiser!

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "reliable, sit up higher, economical, unique!"

Cons: "It's a cruiser, not a bruiser"

"Why did they stop making them? They don't look like every other vehicle on the road - they're unique. And maintenance has been a breeze; no surprises. A reliable vehicle that's fun to drive!"

Fun to drive; mechanical nightmare.

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive; very quick & handles well."

Cons: "Mechanical issues; particularly with the turbo."

"I bought this car as a Christmas present for my wife In January 2010. My wife loved this car & from a visual standpoint, it was a gorgeous vehicle. We've traveled to some beaches in the region where we turned quite a few heads. The car is very quick & handles extremely well on the 17" Z rated tires. We've maintained the vehicle very well in the short time we've had it but I too should have done my homework before buying. The turbo in our car has to be replaced as well as we're having some issues with it burning oil & the number 3 cylinder is weak according to our mechanic; the car only has 77,000 miles on it. To address these issues will cost a few thousand dollars. Apparently, there are quite a few others that have or are having similar problems as we are now with the turbo engine. I would recommend the NON-turbo version of the PT Cruiser if you are looking to purchase but it probably won't be as fun as the turbo."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler PT Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals