2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser

7.4

Based on 1373 Ratings for the 2001 - 2010 models.

7.6/10

2003 PT Nightmare was purchased in 08 still own

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "COOL LOOKING -"

Cons: "This was my PT Bruiser! And I got Bruised."

"When it first came out I wanted it badly, I am glad I waited to purchase this car, The first thing they had to replace was the Smog stuff that was under warranty, Then 3 months later I had to replace Air Conditioning metal hoses - A really bad design. cost over $600 to fix It still to this day keeps acting up. 2 years from purchasing and less than 100,000 miles the Transmission went out that was a $3600 charge and on top of that the Motor mounts broke $400 and since then I have replace a Cam sensor $100, Ignition sensor $100, Water pump Timing Belt $600.00, Air fan $150.00, Motor Fan assembly $650.00 - Totaling over $6200.00 in 4 years - I purchased for $5500 + traded my 1998 Dodge Caravan for it. Nice looking Car.. But A major LEMON when I bought it!!! They should use the body and put on a Toyota Prius drive train. I still own this car only because I have to much into it. and at least I know it's gonna work for a while. It should last me at least 100,000 mile.. The Transmission is under warranty."

By on Sunday, January 04, 2009

"Great little car. Performance and economy are great for its size and class. Easy to get in and out of, even for adults in the rear seating area. Needed only maintance items, tires, brakes, ect..."

A Mini Minivan - Great for a small family or big.

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Surprisingly cavernous inside."

Cons: "Not the best ergonmically."

"I bought this car as I needed a vehicle that could carry a lot but I didn't want a mini van or even larger vehicle. This really, really did the job. It surprised me tremendously on a regular basis as to what it could swallow. From days and days worth of computer parts (I used to do onsite repairs of computer/printers) to 6 foot plus rear seat passengers. My wife had three kids from a previous marriage. When given the choice between a Ford Taurus and the lil' PT Cruiser for a long trip, they chose Cruiser emphatically and without hesitation. (Two of her boys are OVER 6 foot!) We've lugged 11 foot Christmas trees on top, trees for our yard inside, concrete bags, yard and garden supplies, pets... you name it. The seating can be configured in multiple formats or even removed entirely. The front passenger seat fold flat and you can place a laptop on the back of the seat. If you drive conservatively you can see 30 MPG as I did in freeway driving when I had a long commute from home to work. I had one transmission repair at the very beginning covered under warranty but other than that the car has never left us stranded until after we had passed 100K. Terrific car, inside and out!!"

Comfortable, underpowered, poor gas mileage

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, roomy, dependable"

Cons: "under-powered, poor gas mileage"

"The roomy PT Cruiser is terrific for comfort. Road trips over a thousand miles are no problem in this sturdy car. Back doors open wide for ease of access, even for large dogs! Under-powered for the hills of PA, especially with 4 adults. Power OK for flatter terrain or fewer people. Gas mileage is disappointing, about 18/23."

Better than expected

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "Handles great, stereo cranks, sunroof is cool,"

Cons: "turning radius seats are small window switches"

"My Cruiser had 197,000 miles on it when I bought it so I wasn't really expecting much. I have been pleasently surprised. I've had to do the normal maint and repairs such as brakes, timing belt, water pump, belts and hoses but besides that not a single breakdown. I've put about 5K miles on it but it just keeps going and going. Gets about 19 or 20 mpg around town and it's best trip scored at 27 mpg and that was at 80 mph. If I drove it easier it probably would get close to 30 mpg. A/C has a slow leak I haven't chased down yet but I will and hopefully it won't cost too much to repair. Seats could be a bit bigger, feels like your going to fall out of them going around corners. Which reminds me the turning radius is not so great. Sometimes it takes more than one try to get in a parking place. But all in all for what this little car has been thru over the years I can't complain. Never uses oil and has NO drips which i love. Great little car for the money."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler PT Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals