2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser

7.5

Based on 1416 Ratings for the 2001 - 2010 models.

Bought used 3 years ago, still love it!

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "reliable, stylish, spacious, sturdy, value"

Cons: "wide turns, could be more comfy, vibrations"

"I paid 4,500$ cash at a used dealer 3 years ago, it's depreciated about 1000$ since then (dealership value anyway, not trade-in or private sale value) Not bad for a 10 year old car that i have done a lot of driving on. Overall I am very happy with the way the car preforms. I've put 35,000ish miles on the car since owning it (bought it with 180K on it). I was aware it was a high mileage, but the quality of the interior and the carfax showed that it had been owned by one person who took very good care of it. My largest repair expenses have been replacing the timing belt (900$, which was scheduled maintenance for the mileage of the car, not something that broke), new tires (450$) and a new power window panel for the center console (200$). The car has never broken down and left me on the side of the road, is a relatively quiet ride considering the small size and low-riding frame, and tends to get pretty good gas mileage for a car that is almost 11 years old, and heavy for it's size. I know there are new cars that get 30+ MPG but those weren't in my price range, so i've been happy with the average 22 MPG I get. (I've tracked the mileage i get out of a full tank several times, and it is a combination of city and highway driving, as I do both on a regular basis). The cargo space you get out of such a tiny car is awesome, I just wish the seats were a little more comfortable. The car does have an annoyingly wide turning radius, which took awhile to get used to when I got the car. The steering wheel vibrates when the car gets up to 50 mph+, which also took some adjusting to. After reading reviews that said the same thing and having a 'clean bill of health' from my mechanic, i've come to accept thats just something the car does. One of my favorite things about the car is the dark gray/tan/silver interior that still looks stylish a decade after the car was made. The colors hide dirt well, and can be easily cleaned. I've seen some other PTs that have a different interior, might be because I have a touring edition? not sure. Overall this car has been a good value, and costs have been manageable and predictable maintenance, not unexpected failures on the car's part."

Love my Cruiser

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"I have owned my Cruiser for over 4 years now - bought it used with 35K miles. It now has 99K miles and I just had the plugs, wires, and air filter replaced. I hope to drive it forever. No major repairs in four years aside from a water pump/timing belt and AC repair."

My PT Experience

By on Saturday, May 3, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, nice interior, and affordable."

Cons: "Road noise and window controllers."

"I purchased my 2005 PT pre-owned (single previous owner). It is a nice little car and gets good gas mileage with proper care and use. Interior is very nice and I like the design of the car. Things I would change: power windows on door in stead of in center console, lumbar support in both driver and passenger sides, and STRONGLY would recommend side curtain air bags. Things I really like: Storage is great and very versatile. I love the under seat storage compartment and how the rear seats can fold all the way flat for hauling larger items. The standard sound system is really good for standard equipment. Things I hate!: I live in a mountainous area and would love to have an overdrive. Also, if it snows I don't drive even with cables. I got caught in a snowstorm and tried to use cables. The sound was terrifying even though a mechanic said it was fine. The car just has too low of a clearance. So a slightly increased clearance would be a must."

BEST CAR I EVER HAD

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "GREAT STORAGE, GOOD PRICE,FUN,EXCEPTIONAL LOOKS"

Cons: "NOTHING BAD ABOUT THIS CAR!!"

"LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS CAR - HATE TO GIVE IT UP!! SORRY THEY DISCONTINUED THE PT CRUISER, I LOVE IT AND I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE NO QUESTION ABOUT IT! AFTER 10 1/2 YEARS THINGS MIGHT START GOING WRONG - SO I'M LOOKING FOR A REPLACEMENT BEFORE SOMETHING HAPPENS. (DON'T KNOW IF I WILL EVER FIND ANOTHER CAR TO FALL IN LOVE WITH.)"

My PT Cruiser GT Rocks

By on Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pros: "The GT model is the top of the line and has it all"

Cons: "Handling and turning radius could be better."

"It's 10 years old this year and is one of the best cars I've ever owned. Dependable, comfortable, safe(very low insurance costs), decent gas mileage and with the turbo, excellent pickup. With the rear seats and front seat folded down I was able to bring an 81' long bookcase home from IKEA. This was the one Chryler engine that was re-designed by the Damimler-Chrysler engineering team during the brief time that Daimler (Mercedes) owned Chrysler; a great engine!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler PT Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals