2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews

By on Sunday, January 04, 2009

"Great little car. Performance and economy are great for its size and class. Easy to get in and out of, even for adults in the rear seating area. Needed only maintance items, tires, brakes, ect..."

2003 PT Nightmare was purchased in 08 still own

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "COOL LOOKING -"

Cons: "This was my PT Bruiser! And I got Bruised."

"When it first came out I wanted it badly, I am glad I waited to purchase this car, The first thing they had to replace was the Smog stuff that was under warranty, Then 3 months later I had to replace Air Conditioning metal hoses - A really bad design. cost over $600 to fix It still to this day keeps acting up. 2 years from purchasing and less than 100,000 miles the Transmission went out that was a $3600 charge and on top of that the Motor mounts broke $400 and since then I have replace a Cam sensor $100, Ignition sensor $100, Water pump Timing Belt $600.00, Air fan $150.00, Motor Fan assembly $650.00 - Totaling over $6200.00 in 4 years - I purchased for $5500 + traded my 1998 Dodge Caravan for it. Nice looking Car.. But A major LEMON when I bought it!!! They should use the body and put on a Toyota Prius drive train. I still own this car only because I have to much into it. and at least I know it's gonna work for a while. It should last me at least 100,000 mile.. The Transmission is under warranty."

2002 PT Cruiser- Great Car for 3rd Owner!!

By on Friday, June 01, 2012

Pros: "Affordable, Easy to find inexpensive part, comfort"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"I have a 2002 Limited Edition PT Cruiser, inferno red! I have wanted a PT Cruiser since I was a teenager, and the inferno red was the exact color I wanted! After 10 or so years we finally bought one, but not after reading about 1000 reviews to get opinions from all over the U.S., due to different climates, driving habits, etc. What we found was that there are a few MAJOR issues that the PT Cruiser encounters, however most of the reviewers were all having these issues before hitting 100K miles! When we went shopping for the "right" one, we made sure we found out if all these major issues had been repaired or replaced, by asking for a carFax or service reports/receipts. Fortunately we were able to find an Inferno Red Limited Edition loaded, with a 5 speed manual ( I wanted that ), with 114,789 miles, and sure enough inside of the owners' manual were ALL of the service reports and receipts from the first two owners prior to us. Everything had been replaced or repairs in the past 30K miles! We've seen so many reviewers complaining about expensive repairs, and a much as I love the PT Cruiser, they have issues, but once fix they can be very reliable! So unfortunately for the first owner or two the Cruiser can be very unreliable and expensive, However it's a dream car for owners after repairs are made! Ours runs like a brand new one, and you would never believe it's had over $8000 in repairs made to it in the past 30k miles, so we are quite confident that it will be more reliable for us! Another thing we also realized was that a lot of people do not understand that certain issues or repairs may come up sooner than expected or more could go wrong then expected by it just being in a certain climate, or bad driving habits. We noticed a lot of people complain that they are not fast...THE PT CRUISER IS NOT A RACE CAR, OR A SPORTS CAR. It's engine can not handle a lot of hot rodding! It's not made like that, a lot of plastic and rubber piece in the engine area, not mean to take off fast all the time and drive like it's in the FAST AND THE FURIOUS. It's called a PT CRUISER, Not A PT RACER, it's a cruiser for a reason. Great commuter or travlel car! I commute 53 mile one way to work, and I have been averaging 31 mpg, which a lot of people complain and only get 22 mpg or so, again, driving conditions and habits!!! Drive it like it's meant to be driven! It's will be good to you! AFTER the "normal" issues are repaired. And yes, we do believe these "issues" should be recalled, but hey, what can you do?"

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted