2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser

7.5

Based on 1404 Ratings for the 2001 - 2010 models.

2003 PT Nightmare was purchased in 08 still own

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "COOL LOOKING -"

Cons: "This was my PT Bruiser! And I got Bruised."

"When it first came out I wanted it badly, I am glad I waited to purchase this car, The first thing they had to replace was the Smog stuff that was under warranty, Then 3 months later I had to replace Air Conditioning metal hoses - A really bad design. cost over $600 to fix It still to this day keeps acting up. 2 years from purchasing and less than 100,000 miles the Transmission went out that was a $3600 charge and on top of that the Motor mounts broke $400 and since then I have replace a Cam sensor $100, Ignition sensor $100, Water pump Timing Belt $600.00, Air fan $150.00, Motor Fan assembly $650.00 - Totaling over $6200.00 in 4 years - I purchased for $5500 + traded my 1998 Dodge Caravan for it. Nice looking Car.. But A major LEMON when I bought it!!! They should use the body and put on a Toyota Prius drive train. I still own this car only because I have to much into it. and at least I know it's gonna work for a while. It should last me at least 100,000 mile.. The Transmission is under warranty."

Just bought my 3rd Cruiser!

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "reliable, sit up higher, economical, unique!"

Cons: "It's a cruiser, not a bruiser"

"Why did they stop making them? They don't look like every other vehicle on the road - they're unique. And maintenance has been a breeze; no surprises. A reliable vehicle that's fun to drive!"

Makes a great second car.

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "A good value for the money. Heating system."

Cons: "A/C not at its peak."

"Actually my wife's car (our second car) but I drive it often, and really enjoy the experience. Despite the high mileage, the interior is almost like new, and the exterior is very good. Still has a little zip to it; and the gas mleage is acceptable. No long trips with it; mostly short ones and in-town drives."

This car is a sad excuse for quality!

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Pros: "Drives fine."

Cons: "Worthless piece of junk."

"We bought this car used for our daughter. It had 34,000 miles on it. Transmission began acting up (jerks when slowing down to approximately 25mph). Just lately, it has started dying on me while driving down the highway. I have to coast over to the side, turn the key off and restart. Sometimes it starts right back up and other times it will do nothing when you turn the key. It has to be turned several times to get it to start. I have googled these problems and this is a notorious problem with PT's (wish I had known before). People spend hundreds and more and the problem is never fixed. Chrysler warranty is not good if you are not the original owner. Needless to say I will never have another Chrysler product!!!!"

My most favorite car that I've ever owned!

By on Sunday, December 13, 2015

Pros: "The one car you will never want to give up."

Cons: "Could stand better gas mileage."

"I bought my 2005 PT Cruiser used. I was the second owner, and I did not know at the time that the car had been wrecked. Must be why I got it at a good price! But it looked perfect, drove perfectly, and was in every way what I had hoped for--except that the gas mileage for such a small car isn't the best (17-18 mpg around town, 20-23 mpg on long trips). I am in my 60's, so I've owned a number of cars, but I love my PT Cruiser the best. It's easy to handle, quiet, comfortable, user friendly, and has the perfect amount of head room and storage space. It seems to have a true personality, purring along like a cat. In fact, I think the PT stands for "Putty Tat", so I call it my Putty Tat Cruiser. The brilliant electric blue color stands out in a crowd, and the paint job has stood up well to time and weather. The interior is black and cleans up well. At 10 years of age, my car barely uses oil, and has had very few issues. Normal maintenance, like oil changes, occasionally buying new tires, sometimes replacing a hose or belt, is all that my car has ever needed. I would highly recommend a PT Cruiser, but I warn you, you will fall in love. It will be hard to ever part with, even for a new car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler PT Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals