2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser

7.5

Based on 1408 Ratings for the 2001 - 2010 models.

Just bought my 3rd Cruiser!

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "reliable, sit up higher, economical, unique!"

Cons: "It's a cruiser, not a bruiser"

"Why did they stop making them? They don't look like every other vehicle on the road - they're unique. And maintenance has been a breeze; no surprises. A reliable vehicle that's fun to drive!"

This car is a sad excuse for quality!

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Pros: "Drives fine."

Cons: "Worthless piece of junk."

"We bought this car used for our daughter. It had 34,000 miles on it. Transmission began acting up (jerks when slowing down to approximately 25mph). Just lately, it has started dying on me while driving down the highway. I have to coast over to the side, turn the key off and restart. Sometimes it starts right back up and other times it will do nothing when you turn the key. It has to be turned several times to get it to start. I have googled these problems and this is a notorious problem with PT's (wish I had known before). People spend hundreds and more and the problem is never fixed. Chrysler warranty is not good if you are not the original owner. Needless to say I will never have another Chrysler product!!!!"

My most favorite car that I've ever owned!

By on Sunday, December 13, 2015

Pros: "The one car you will never want to give up."

Cons: "Could stand better gas mileage."

"I bought my 2005 PT Cruiser used. I was the second owner, and I did not know at the time that the car had been wrecked. Must be why I got it at a good price! But it looked perfect, drove perfectly, and was in every way what I had hoped for--except that the gas mileage for such a small car isn't the best (17-18 mpg around town, 20-23 mpg on long trips). I am in my 60's, so I've owned a number of cars, but I love my PT Cruiser the best. It's easy to handle, quiet, comfortable, user friendly, and has the perfect amount of head room and storage space. It seems to have a true personality, purring along like a cat. In fact, I think the PT stands for "Putty Tat", so I call it my Putty Tat Cruiser. The brilliant electric blue color stands out in a crowd, and the paint job has stood up well to time and weather. The interior is black and cleans up well. At 10 years of age, my car barely uses oil, and has had very few issues. Normal maintenance, like oil changes, occasionally buying new tires, sometimes replacing a hose or belt, is all that my car has ever needed. I would highly recommend a PT Cruiser, but I warn you, you will fall in love. It will be hard to ever part with, even for a new car."

Love the car, love the quality.

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, love its versatility."

Cons: "Won't win many races."

"An absolutely fun car to drive and very comfortable on road trips. Very good gas mileage for a vehicle that can be used for everything including moving large or long items with the rear seats down or removed. Always liked the retro styling and learned to love the minimal maintenance on a car with no real problems mechanically. After ten years this car still gets second looks and people are always saying, "when you are ready to sell let me know." My neighbor summed it up best when he said the day I sell it, is the day I will regret not having it to enjoy anymore. I knew it wasn't a muscle car when I bought it, and the turning radius falls short of superb...small negatives in the scheme of a wonderfully built automobile."

Bought used 3 years ago, still love it!

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "reliable, stylish, spacious, sturdy, value"

Cons: "wide turns, could be more comfy, vibrations"

"I paid 4,500$ cash at a used dealer 3 years ago, it's depreciated about 1000$ since then (dealership value anyway, not trade-in or private sale value) Not bad for a 10 year old car that i have done a lot of driving on. Overall I am very happy with the way the car preforms. I've put 35,000ish miles on the car since owning it (bought it with 180K on it). I was aware it was a high mileage, but the quality of the interior and the carfax showed that it had been owned by one person who took very good care of it. My largest repair expenses have been replacing the timing belt (900$, which was scheduled maintenance for the mileage of the car, not something that broke), new tires (450$) and a new power window panel for the center console (200$). The car has never broken down and left me on the side of the road, is a relatively quiet ride considering the small size and low-riding frame, and tends to get pretty good gas mileage for a car that is almost 11 years old, and heavy for it's size. I know there are new cars that get 30+ MPG but those weren't in my price range, so i've been happy with the average 22 MPG I get. (I've tracked the mileage i get out of a full tank several times, and it is a combination of city and highway driving, as I do both on a regular basis). The cargo space you get out of such a tiny car is awesome, I just wish the seats were a little more comfortable. The car does have an annoyingly wide turning radius, which took awhile to get used to when I got the car. The steering wheel vibrates when the car gets up to 50 mph+, which also took some adjusting to. After reading reviews that said the same thing and having a 'clean bill of health' from my mechanic, i've come to accept thats just something the car does. One of my favorite things about the car is the dark gray/tan/silver interior that still looks stylish a decade after the car was made. The colors hide dirt well, and can be easily cleaned. I've seen some other PTs that have a different interior, might be because I have a touring edition? not sure. Overall this car has been a good value, and costs have been manageable and predictable maintenance, not unexpected failures on the car's part."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler PT Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals