• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2008 Chrysler Pacifica

8.0

Based on 809 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

The best car that I never wanted!

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Reason: Went to smaller vehicle

Pros: "Great Value, AWD is excellent, reliable"

Cons: "Blind Spots, no auxilary jack"

"I had my heart set on a Jeep Grand Cherokee when I arrived at the dealership, unfortunately I couldn't get financing for a Grand Cherokee but they had a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica AWD Touring with only 40000 miles on it. I figured that I would drive the Pacifica for a year and trade it in for a Grand Cherokee, little did I know that this car would be the best thing to have happened to me. Before my first payment was even due someone backed into it (their hitch went through the front of the car.) That accident cost $4800 worth of damage, the dealer repaired the car like new. I loved the Pacifica, I found the car to have enough power and I felt that 20 MPG was acceptable. I hit very rough times after buying this vehicle, it rarely got oil changes and I drove it extremely hard. The AWD got me through some extremely bad conditions without an issue. I put over 120000 miles on it with very little problems. The 3.5 held up very well, and the 4 speed automatic that has such a horrible reputation never once failed me. At about 140000 miles the water pump went bad (on a 3.5 it is run by the timing belt)and I mistakenly drove the car with NO coolant in it. The only reason I knew there was a problem was the stream of coolant that came out of the car when I parked. The engine still ran fine and did not leave me stranded. Other than the water pump the car had no issues, at 161000 miles I decided to go to a smaller car. I regret that decision to this day, my new car with only 32000 miles on it has had many more problems compared to that pacifica. By the way the dealer sold it to someone else who is still driving it with over 200000 miles on it. I am looking for a low mileage Chrysler Pacifica to purchase right now."

been a wonderful car

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

"I leased this car in 06 when it was new from dealership. liked it so much when the lease expired I bought the car. I ve been the only owner. it is time for a new car."

Poor quality wish I had known more about the model

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Solid to the ride."

Cons: "Many problems and most of all the rust."

"Bought this car used ...put 60,000 miles on it told now it is rusting like many others of the same model. Must sell at a time when it is financially inconvenient for me."

Great Car!

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Great car!"

Cons: "Chrysler quit making them!"

"The biggest mistake Chrysler has made I think is to quit producing this model. If they put out the Pacifica now, with the same size and perks,same price range, I would buy one instantly. They're comfortable cars. How many people can say that, if they're not buying in the 35,000 or above range? Even the back seats are comfortable. The car is a comfortable width; spacious. It has nice details. The cup-holder is in the right place. They're nice looking cars. They're a reasonable height to get into; not too high, nor too close to the ground. They have middle compartments to store small items between the bucket seats in both the front and the back. They have grab handles above the windows. They have pushbutton seat adjusters on both the driver's and the passenger seats. I love the way they look. They drive well. When I first bought my 2004, it had 13,000 miles on it. It slid around in the rain and snow. Went to the tire guy. Tire guy said tires were bad. Said to get aggressive tires. I did. Totally changed the drive to GREAT! Leave the aggressive tires on all year and rotate. Car can drive through snowbanks. It's a wonderful car! Looks classy with the burl details inside, as well. Over the ten years I've owned it, I've replaced the tires a couple of times; replaced brake pads, replaced headlight lamps. There was a blind spot in the side driver's mirror; we just put a little round mirror insert on the regular side mirror and problem gone. Oh, and for you dog people? You can fit two large crates side by side in the rear with rear seats folded down. Chrysler just didn't advertise this great car adequately. I could write GREAT commercials for this car! It's a Pacifica! Chrysler is missing the boat. I'm missing the car. I'm due to get a new one pretty soon. I love this car. C'mon, Chrysler, make me a new one."

I have owened this car for five years

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Styling stays constant and drive gets better"

Cons: "Does not come in convertable"

"Only put 30,000on it but have had zero issues. My fuel economy just increased to 24 hwy at 65,000. I feel it is just getting broke in"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler Pacifica near Honolulu. See local deals