2008 Chrysler Crossfire

Based on 331 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

I would rate this a 9 our of 10 car!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "The best used sports car drive for price!"

Cons: "cup holder, rattle, front defrost and glare"

"I loved this car. It was such a pleasure to drive if you are interested in high performance cars and I like the suspension on the car to be tight. It took turns like a car with racing suspension. I am always interested in getting the most car for my dollar and purchased used it was great. I do not know why the resale value isn't higher. It's got the Mercedes engineering in it which you can feel and a unique and classy body. It made you silly happy when you got on a curvy road and could really accelerate into the curves. Even with all the hard driving I did with a hellish commute on bad roads, I didn't have to get the car fixed but very rarely. Staying out of the mechanics was a wonderful bonus The cons were few. This is not a car for the snow in any way shape or form. If the roads aren't plowed and there's a few inches on the ground, you're not going anywhere. Not with low profile tires on your car. The car is hard on passengers as it rides more like a race car and this isn't all that comfortable in cities with bad roads. On smooth roads it's a dream and fine, but I have never lived anywhere where the roads were good. The seats are not designed for big butts. They are designed for a narrower and relatively longer legged frame. It's not for those of us who have a lot of weight to lose. Some desired features that were missing are: setting for just air on legs, better defrost for the front window, a better cup holder -it was woefully inadequate, popped up all the time and didn't hold drinks well-- and the car had a rattle in the back hatch that could be annoying. I put in an after market radio and that was a big help to at least drown out the rattle. One thing about this car is it has a very quiet engine. If you've got a manual transmission and the radio too loud you cannot hear or feel when to shift. I owned a '79 supped up, Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce and you always knew when to shift by feel. It's something to be aware of for those of you who don't glance down at the tach too often. On the whole, I'd buy another one. Sure it's small inside and like being in a cockpit instead of a car, but it was the best driving experience in a car I've ever had. Loved, loved, loved this car!"

good car

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"The crossfire is a verry nice luxary sports car but if you decide to buy this car dont plan on trading it because no dealer will let you trade it becuase it has negitive equaty so be sure you wont to keed it. I have not had any trouble out of mine and make sure that you get an extended warenty because parts are expensive and tires are also."

Crossfire Fever

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Best Bang for the BUCK!, a few things to keep in focus when you buy; 1) The Oil Change will cost $ 135.00 every 7000- 10000 miles, 2) OEM replacment tires range from $1200.00- $1400.00 If you can handle the these two facts pull the trigger and buy!!"

Almost as good as a Corvette, not as fast.

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "Price, looks, power top, decent MPG, luggage space"

Cons: "Cup holder is useless, pricy oil changes"

"I test-drove (or at least sat inside) the following used convertibles before buying my Crossfire: C5 Corvette Convertible-Love this car, however my father owns one and it was $5,000 more than the Crossfire Pontiac Solstice-Top was horrible to open/close and had zero luggage space Saturn Sky-Better looking than the Solstice, but with the same problems and a higher price Mazda Miata-Too small, uncomfortable seats Nissan 350z-Nice interior, but very ugly. Also, every teenager in my area owns one. Honda S2000-Never drove one, however I didn't like the looks in person Jaguar XKR-Awesome car, but WAY too fast for me. Only car to ever scare me away. I love my Crossfire, and have taken it on a three-week 5,800 road-trip with no problems or discomfort. This car has been places most truck/SUV owners wouldn't drive. It has been a great car, and can handle a ton of luggage. These cars are a bargain, as they have depreciated so much over the years. The small problems I have had: -The top did not close properly once, allowing water to enter the cabin in a downpour -The battery died after sitting for a month (probably the electronics on the dash) -The fog-light guards inside the front wheel-wells were missing when I bought the car. These look to be easy to lose. The driver and passenger side guards are mirror-images of each-other, however the passenger's costs around $10, while the driver's costs around $40. -The vent on the dash to the left of the steering wheel will not stay in place, and tends to always point upward. -Oil changes are pricy, costing around $100 I recommend this car if you are in the market for a sub-$20,000 convertible. Very fun car to drive and compliments everywhere I go (more-so than when driving the Corvette)."

4 year daily driver

By on Sunday, October 12, 2008

"I bought my Crossfire new in 2004. I now have over 70k miles on it and I still love it. It has never broken down, it is simple to service-I love the extended oil change intervals and still looks great. My wife was in a rear end collision and the car came through beautifully. The other cars front end was ruined. The only complaint is the one small cup holder which likes to open when I lean my arm on the console. But it looks great so I can live with that. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a fun, stylish, fuel efficient, reliable car at an affordable price."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler Crossfire near Honolulu. See local deals