2006 Chrysler Crossfire

Based on 328 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

I would rate this a 9 our of 10 car!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "The best used sports car drive for price!"

Cons: "cup holder, rattle, front defrost and glare"

"I loved this car. It was such a pleasure to drive if you are interested in high performance cars and I like the suspension on the car to be tight. It took turns like a car with racing suspension. I am always interested in getting the most car for my dollar and purchased used it was great. I do not know why the resale value isn't higher. It's got the Mercedes engineering in it which you can feel and a unique and classy body. It made you silly happy when you got on a curvy road and could really accelerate into the curves. Even with all the hard driving I did with a hellish commute on bad roads, I didn't have to get the car fixed but very rarely. Staying out of the mechanics was a wonderful bonus The cons were few. This is not a car for the snow in any way shape or form. If the roads aren't plowed and there's a few inches on the ground, you're not going anywhere. Not with low profile tires on your car. The car is hard on passengers as it rides more like a race car and this isn't all that comfortable in cities with bad roads. On smooth roads it's a dream and fine, but I have never lived anywhere where the roads were good. The seats are not designed for big butts. They are designed for a narrower and relatively longer legged frame. It's not for those of us who have a lot of weight to lose. Some desired features that were missing are: setting for just air on legs, better defrost for the front window, a better cup holder -it was woefully inadequate, popped up all the time and didn't hold drinks well-- and the car had a rattle in the back hatch that could be annoying. I put in an after market radio and that was a big help to at least drown out the rattle. One thing about this car is it has a very quiet engine. If you've got a manual transmission and the radio too loud you cannot hear or feel when to shift. I owned a '79 supped up, Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce and you always knew when to shift by feel. It's something to be aware of for those of you who don't glance down at the tach too often. On the whole, I'd buy another one. Sure it's small inside and like being in a cockpit instead of a car, but it was the best driving experience in a car I've ever had. Loved, loved, loved this car!"

Not A Vette but Still Neat!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I had always wanted a Vette by the time I was 50 but that never happened. Had the opportunity to buy this beautiful fun 2005 Red baby last year and just love it! (I also have a 2004 Jeep Overland). Gas mileage is great - avg 24-25, comfort (seats and leg room) and performance fantastic. I haven't had a "flat" tire (now I'll get one) that they all talked about on the thinner tires. It's a harder ride but that is to be expected and a little tougher to get out of because its so low and being a 2-door you need a lot of space to open the door wide enough to swing your legs out. It's a REAL head-turner. Surprisingly, you can get lots of beach equipment into the spacious truck area. Changing oil is a pretty hefty $ compared to anything I've ever owned - but I've convinced the gas station that I will bring my own filters as they wanted over $45 for one. This little thing takes like 7-8 quarters of synthetic oil.... so the min. I spend is about $65 for a change but it lasts 7K miles compared to 4K on the Jeep. If you buy it - your going to love it!"

fun car to drive

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"great car .. have had it since new.. do alot of driving.. a bit cramped for long trips no mechanical issues at all.. only usual maintenance. would highly recommend.. someone needs to tell chrysler to re think the cup holder issue.. and need a couple of bigger compartments. handling is fabulous.. pick up great horrific in snow.. get a 2nd car. rain pretty good handling/ gas pretty good/ sounds system rocks.../ navigation system.. too complex.. buy magellan..."

It's a Mercedes

By on Wednesday, July 08, 2015

"built on the same assembly line as the SLK cars in Europe, it shares lots of parts with its Mercedes counterpart, including the sweet 3.2 L mercedes engine."

good car

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"The crossfire is a verry nice luxary sports car but if you decide to buy this car dont plan on trading it because no dealer will let you trade it becuase it has negitive equaty so be sure you wont to keed it. I have not had any trouble out of mine and make sure that you get an extended warenty because parts are expensive and tires are also."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler Crossfire near Honolulu. See local deals