2000 Chrysler Concorde

7.6

Based on 399 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

This is a great car at a very affordable price.

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Great value for the money"

Cons: "lack power"

"The ride is good and the gas mileage is great. It is somewhat under powered with a small motor in a big car. This is not your choice if you are looking for speed. However, it is your car if value is important."

I love this car.

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable."

Cons: "If the timing belt breaks, it trashes the engine."

"Although I've had to replace a few things, I still love this car. I bought it used for a very reasonable price and I've put well over 150,000 miles on it. It's still comfortable and runs very well."

the car

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "handeling, body style, interior, fun to drive"

Cons: "pricey to maintain, hard to fix, expensive to fix"

"good car and fun to drive. handles the road like a glove. love the design of the car inside and out. the only problem about the car is that when something breaks on it, it is very expensive and hard to fix. it was designed poorly. it was designed so that the owner has to put it in a professional mechanical shop to have it fixed."

Ten years and running!

By on Friday, March 28, 2008

"Take care of this care and it will take care of you! I drive it hard - in both desert heat and mountain conditions yet it has remained reliable even at 10-years-old. It is sturdy and safe, comfortable even for large adults, has plenty of power, and ages gracefully."

Get the LXI. It's a great deal.

By on Monday, March 03, 2008

"I bought my 2000 Chrysler Concorde LXI in Nov. 2007 after I wrecked my 2000 Honda Civic and I decided I wanted to replace it with something a little bigger and sturdier. Really, this car is a fantastic deal if you are looking for a quality used car for cheap. It comes with almost every feature you could want: leather seats, travel computer, climate control, dual power bucket seats, five cup-holders, cruise, traction control, power windows, power door locks, integrated antenna, rear pass-thru for long items like skis, a massive trunk with remote open that can fit four golf-bags, keyless entry and engine immobilizer. My silver Concorde LXI came with all three available options as well: Premium sound system with four-disc changer and eight Infinity speakers, premium alloy wheels and power sun-roof. The LXI is equipped with the 3.2L motor with 225 HP/225 lb-ft torque V6 engine that provides terrific but not sportscar-like performance. Since the base LX came with the infamous 2.7L "amazing exploding" sludge-bomb motor, the overall reputation of the Concorde was damaged and you can get the LXI for much cheaper than a quality car like this should sell. The LXI comes equipped with a Mercedes E-class sourced 4-speed automatic transmission and aluminum suspension, which performs admirably. Shifting is very smooth. I typically go 0-60 in 9 seconds. That's pretty quick for an "old man" car. It also corners with incredible nimbleness due to the power-assisted speed-variable steering. It's very safe in the New York north country winter due to the traction control. I have noticed a few problems. While the cabin is typically very quiet, there is a bit of whistling from some bad weatherstripping on the front driver's door, which I plan to have fixed in the spring when it gets warmer out. Also, the power windows tend to protest a bit in below-zero temperatures and two of them were replaced by the dealer before I purchased the car. The dealer also replaced one of the "struts" on the trunk because they were having trouble supporting the trunk lid's weight. Speaking of the trunk, there is a very high "lip" on the back which can add a bit of difficulty to lifting the groceries in and out of the back. You have to get to know the car's dimensions pretty well, because the Lambourghini Portofino-inspired cab-forward body design hurts front and rear visibility a bit. You can't see either bumper so you have to be careful when parking. I bumped into a few fences before I got the feel for it. Overall, though, I feel like I really got a steal. The car is very beautiful and gets a lot of compliments and it has given me no problems other than the aforementioned trivialities. It's great for bringing a group of friends out on the town or just for cruising the highway. You can store a lot of stuff in the trunk or by covering the backseat with blankets and loading up. Since it's a FWD, it also gets great gas mileage for such a large car. I get about 20 mpg city/26-28 mpg highway. Just make sure you get the LXI and never, ever the LX."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler Concorde near Honolulu. See local deals