1998 Chrysler Cirrus

7.5

Based on 175 Ratings for the 1995 - 2000 models.

keeper

By on Monday, January 05, 2009

"We bought this car as a one-owner with 17K miles. It was garaged during winter, as the owners wintered in FL. It's a daily driver for my wife. We live in central IL, and the car has made several trips to WI Dells, one to Orlando, and several to Indy. We now have 134K miles on it. Until two months ago, I hadn't put more than $1000 in repairs in it (speed sensor, tie rod end, valve cover gaskets, couple minor emisions control parts). Of course, this does not include normal things like tires, brakes, plugs/wires, fluids, wipers, battery, shocks/struts, etc. Two months ago the tranny lost 3rd and OD. Don't know why, as we don't abuse it. I found a used one with 66K miles, and had it put in ($950 total). I just couldn't see junking the car after spending $750 on shocks/struts/brakes a month before. The car just runs too well (and no car payment). The V6 is strong. The car handles and rides well, even though the sporty package is a little stiff. My only complaint is the driver's seat is not designed for someone 6' tall. Long trips give me back aches. It's primarily my wife's car, though, and she loves it. I've heard of people putting 200K+ miles on these. I am particular and change oil every 3K, and tranny fluid every 30K. Any minor leak is fixed immediately (valve covers at 120K). I'm sure this has helped the excellent repair history I've had, but I'm the same way with all my vehicles, and none have performed as well as this one."

Reliable Car

By on Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"I bought the car in '06 it had 153,000 miles on it for a good price, I had no major issues with it for the first 2 years. The 3rd year I had to replace the water pump which thankfully my father knew had to put that on so I just paid for the part. I had the tire rod go out on me twice same side but again my father knew how to replace that. I had brakes done on it once, and I just spent $400.00 to do a tune-up because the engine was sluggish. I had my brakes bled once and had to fix a switch for the oil which cost around $200.00. But I am very happy with this car I drive it to and from work 6 days a week it takes me 30-mins a day to get to work so I have put alot of miles on it. I also use it for recreational uses. So overall I say this car was worth it!"

Okay Car Up to 150K

By on Sunday, July 05, 2009

"Drove it hard and didn't have any major problems. Comfortable stylish car, but not sure i would get again. A lot of minor irratiting repairs: replace battery, replace tie rods, brakes often, ignition cylinder, washer fluid bottle broke, replace steering column stupid plastic part that connections to ignition cylinder broke, ...etc. At around 150k there were some serious problems related to valve gasket cover leaking. Repaired and was driveable, but would occasionally stall at stop and misfire, so i threw in the towel."

Very reliable

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "style, value"

"I bought this car 8.5 years ago with 86,000 miles It now has 166,000 and it has not caused me any headaches. I would drive it anywhere. Repairs and maintenance are minimal. It is still a very attractive car on the highway. I will drive this car for many more miles. My mechanic says it is good for 250,000."

Good Car

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Reason: need a newer car and would like a Import car.

Pros: "Good car for highway."

Cons: "Its a America car. I always love Import car."

"I have this car for 4 years. It has V6. We took it out of town lot. It work really great on highway and good gas mileage on highway. It was a good car. We never had any major problem with it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler Cirrus near Honolulu. See local deals